Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Prada Infusion de Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Yesterday I finally hit Nordstrom and bought this. I know the reviews are not stellar, but I liked the quick spritz that I tried, so I snagged a bottle (along with the GIANT 33 oz. shower gel)...
    Don't drop that shower gel bottle in the shower Indie, you could break a toe. Seriously. It reminds me of a small mini television...it cannot be easy to dispense in a wet slippery shower. WTH?
    Currently wearing: Epice Marine by Hermès

Like all of Prada's scents, this one feels generic and lacking character.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Don't drop that shower gel bottle in the shower Indie, you could break a toe. Seriously. It reminds me of a small mini television...it cannot be easy to dispense in a wet slippery shower. WTH?
    LOL. Actually, it comes with a pump attachment so you can just dispense it with one hand. But yeah, even though the bottle is plastic, it's a pretty hefty bath related accessory! I think if I ever use the whole bottle, I'll put the screw cap back on and keep it as a display or something.

I'm liking Infusion de Vetiver as a close to the skin kind of vetiver scent. After it sits on the skin for several hours, it reminds me of my long lost Vettiveru-- now THERE'S a giant bottle I wish I hadn't dropped. Still, when I spray Infusion de Vetiver on, it seems so timid. This notion wasn't helped by the fact that I also bought Aramis Havana at the same time-- now that scent is BOLD! Anyway, I don't expect Infusion de Vetiver to appeal to people who already have a large selection of vetivers in their drobes; but if you're like me, and enjoy the aesthetic of the Prada scents, then it's a nice expansion to the range.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    LOL. Actually, it comes with a pump attachment so you can just dispense it with one hand. But yeah, even though the bottle is plastic, it's a pretty hefty bath related accessory! I think if I ever use the whole bottle, I'll put the screw cap back on and keep it as a display or something.

I'm liking Infusion de Vetiver as a close to the skin kind of vetiver scent. After it sits on the skin for several hours, it reminds me of my long lost Vettiveru-- now THERE'S a giant bottle I wish I hadn't dropped. Still, when I spray Infusion de Vetiver on, it seems so timid. This notion wasn't helped by the fact that I also bought Aramis Havana at the same time-- now that scent is BOLD! Anyway, I don't expect Infusion de Vetiver to appeal to people who already have a large selection of vetivers in their drobes; but if you're like me, and enjoy the aesthetic of the Prada scents, then it's a nice expansion to the range.
    Ah, of course - a pump attachment. Well, I personally might try to scrounge up some Infusion de Vetiver shower gel myself. I was so taken by the Infusion d'Homme shower gel I used to have (and the Vetiver by Guerlain shower gel I own) that enjoying this one seems like a no-brainer. I just wish the EdT would man-up a bit.
    Currently wearing: Epice Marine by Hermès

I really like Infusion D'Homme and just sampled this one today. There are similarities for sure, but to me IdV has a lighter, more airy feel to it. I prefer IdH which seems more dry and sharp. There's a grapefruit accord on the dry down of IdV, which I'm wondering whether I can, or want, to pull off. I'll stick to Infusion d'Homme.
    Last edited by laroche; 16th June 2010 at 11:33 PM.

Its really not that bad...its just not that good.
    Its a very subtle scent. Very soapy yes, but its also not offensive and can be worn by anyone anywhere.

Don't try it on a paper or something. Get a sample and wear it.
    On me its a woody, yet lighter version of IDH.
    Is it worth buying? That I think depends on the person. If your work place isn't very welcoming of loud/"different" scents then yes buy it. I don't see anyone having problem with the way it smells.

As far as normal day wear? Idk if its worth it imo. I have amber which I semi-like, but I wasn't a fan of IDH. Not that I didn't like it, but after buying amber I didn't see a need.

I recently got Mugler Cologne which is a better soapy/clean then both.

I love Prada. I love Prada scents. I love the name Infusion de Vetiver. I love its bottle. But the juice inside is... Such a big disappoinment. Prada Vetiver has openning notes very similar to Infusion d'Homme. Vetiver drydown is thin, light, weak. I tried and tried and tried to find out if there was any tiny vetiver in this one's drydown, but I couldn't. Despite the longvervity and sillage are good, Prada Vetiver is boring.

Bought a 3.3 oz at Ross for $34.99 today. I think this will be a great office scent. I kept waiting for the markdown from $49.99, and it finally came.