Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Prada Infusion de Vetiver

Prada Infusion de Vetiver;tried it yesterday and,as an owner of the regular Infusion,I can tell you that I prefer the original Infusion,because after the topnotes,wich I dislike, the Vetiver changed soon in the smell of the standard Infusion wich one starts immediately good from the beginning till the end.Not for me,this one, and I like vetiver,but not the ,,Vetiver" note in this flanker.But, thats just my opinion of course.

Default Re: Prada Infusion de Vetiver

I always have high hopes that one day Prada will release something that doesnt just smell of soap ...

I have high hopes that Prada one day will take alot of the notes from several of their "Infusion" scents, and put together a stronger version of Kilian's Prelude to Love, one that is particularly heavy on the "Cold starchy Iris" note found in the Pradas, and of course, make it as affordable as their other scents, as the kilian price is insanity.

I agree Infusion de Vetiver is a yawner.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 14th March 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Would love to hear a more elaborate breakdown of this one if you've got the time, Dullah.

Is this one soapy, too?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Prada has released some really bad scents imo. They're so soapy and cloying it's ridiculous.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I Love Prada Infusion d´Homme. I will test this Vetiver version soon!Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    I always have high hopes that one day Prada will release something that doesnt just smell of soap ...
    Hahahaha - yeah. Not a big fan of Prada at all - stupid premium for stuff that just smells of soap.

I think Prada are possibly the worst mid to high range designer house.

Sur la Plage

Smells like Infusion d'Homme with a shot of vetiver in it. Maybe it can be a "vetiver for people who don't like vetiver". I love vetiver, so this really isn't for me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Smells like Infusion d'Homme with a shot of vetiver in it. Maybe it can be a "vetiver for people who don't like vetiver". I love vetiver, so this really isn't for me.
    But did you like the original Infusion d'Homme?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    But did you like the original Infusion d'Homme?
    Yes, I do like it a lot and own it. So I personally see no reason to own this.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Another weak ass Vetiver offering...I wonder how long it took from concept to the shelf for this fragrance? I would guess about a month. Don't waste your money!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

This is the expensive insolent cousin to Zara Vetiver. As far as quality and price go; Zara wins this war hands down.

Basenotes Institution

Anyone else smell this? I haven't made it over to Nordstrom's yet, but the comments above from those who've smelled it don't sound promising.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Anyone else smell this? I haven't made it over to Nordstrom's yet, but the comments above from those who've smelled it don't sound promising.
    You know Mike It's just a soapy weak Vetiver offering. I was a little hard on this fragrance because I expected more from Prada. Had I been at home when I tested this fragrance I would not have scrubbed it,but none the less It's competing in an already crowed market place, and I don't think it will hold It's own. As always like any other fragrance it will be judged by the wearer.

Basenotes Institution

It got such a great review from Octavian from 1000 Fragrances, I guess I must test this one myself. Like petuccijc, I am a BIG fan of Infusion d'Homme.

It got such a great review from Octavian from 1000 Fragrances, I guess I must test this one myself. Like petuccijc, I am a BIG fan of Infusion d'Homme.
    Thanks for posting the link, Mike. That review reassures me a little bit. I'm also a big fan of Infusion d'Homme so if it really is IdH with amped up vetiver, then I think I will enjoy it.

Now, to find a sample...

I agree 100% with the first poster... same thing as the Infusion... after a short while I couldn't see any difference! Would not buy this since I already have the original Infusion (which by the way, isn't nearly as good as Prada PH Ambre!)
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

I smelled it the other day and I think it's the best infusion so far.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Yes, I do like it a lot and own it. So I personally see no reason to own this.
    + 1

I prefer IDH
    Last edited by M.David; 1st April 2010 at 01:16 AM.

I've really gotta try this. Infusion D'Homme is one of my favorites--I like the style of the Prada scents quite a bit. I sometimes wish the cedar was a bit less in Infusion-- so I'm hoping this one has more vetiver and less cedar. I just bought a new Mac recently (the new bluetooth wireless keyboard and bluetooth wireless Magic Mouse are amazing!), so I have a little time before my budget allows me to set foot anywhere near a fragrance counter--I'll definitely post a review when I do get around to trying it.

Back to the scent... how would you guys describe the vetiver note in this as compared to other vetiver scents? What type of vetiver facets do you pick up?

I think this is a good release, less synthetic smelling than Grey Vetiver to me. A less dark Encre Noir. Nothing new here but a good wearable vetiver. Great for summer.
    Last edited by eric; 2nd April 2010 at 04:34 PM.

If you could imagine Infusion de Homme minus the Iris, and replaced with Vetiver, which by the way if I had to guess I would say It's Haitian Vetiver? My nose is not trained enough to pick up on the origin of a Vetiver note when blended with other notes especially when there is only a trace amount of Vetiver.If the Vetiver is prominent I Can usually tell where It's from. Well,at any rate replace the Iris with notes of tarragon,ginger' and a few I can't figure out, and have never seen a pyramid for this fragrance,so I don't know. Although after sampling it I have never really cared to look for one. It's light, and transparent,and wears like Infusion de Homme, which I already own, so I don't think I find this fragrance full bottle worthy.

Tried Infusion d Vetiver and Tuberose today .... true to form they were both a soapy dreadfull mess with zero longevity ...

Nil points for Prada again

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Nil points for Prada again
    Agreed. They're both terrible IMO.

tried it today ... they added a tiny drop of vetiver to Infusion D´Homme , bah!
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I think the vetiver is rather strong in it. I tried it on and wore it for a night and the vetiver was prominent throughout. To me it smelled like Bulgari Black with Citrus and Vetiver. Might not be the best combination, but that's what I thought of immediately when I tried it. It has a rubber/tar note to it, and it's powerdery and soapy in the middle just like IdH.

i need to try this........

Basenotes Institution

I smelled this finally today.

Where the hell is the vetiver?

I am very familiar with Infusion d'Homme (I have a travel atomizer in my gym bag) and this one smells JUST like IdH.

I think in my review of Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford I called it, 'a vetiver for people who hate vetiver.' Scratch that. The Prada fits that description better!

I can't help thinking this is a big joke, in a bottle.

Yesterday I finally hit Nordstrom and bought this. I know the reviews are not stellar, but I liked the quick spritz that I tried, so I snagged a bottle (along with the GIANT 33 oz. shower gel).

Infusion D'Homme is actually one of my favorite scents. The way the soapy and earthy notes twist around each other--it's like throwing stones into a rock tumbler and getting out sparkling gems. My first impression of Infusion de Vetiver was that it had the soapy "Infusion" feel to it, but with a stronger dose of vetiver (and minus the benzoin). After I got it home, I tried it several times and it seemed very, very weak and short lived. Today I used the shower gel and put a couple of sprays on my chest before going to the gym. I noticed that when my skin warmed up, I was getting nice wafts of the scent.

I realized that this one reminds me of-- with the ginger/vetiver combo, it smells a bit like Creed Vetiver EDT (1948). Not exactly, but there's a similarity, with the Creed being actually stronger. I'm not really picking up much of the tarragon note that's supposed to be here--the notes are very muted and flat. Sometimes scents that seem weak to me reveal more strength the longer I live with them, but I'm not sure this one has enough gas in the tank. I already have a lot of vetiver scents and this one doesn't really break new ground. Being that it's a variation of Infusion D'Homme is what makes it useful to me. I'm sure that I'll get a lot of skin time out of it. It's actually a pretty nice thing to freshen up with before/after the gym. Still, I think they could have done better just by making it stronger.

I don't really get the disgust with this fragrance. It's not terribly compelling- just a pleasant, soapy vetiver. Personally, I don't plan on buying it, but found it to be less sharp and synthetic smelling than the Mugler Cologne.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Yesterday I finally hit Nordstrom and bought this. I know the reviews are not stellar, but I liked the quick spritz that I tried, so I snagged a bottle (along with the GIANT 33 oz. shower gel)...
    Don't drop that shower gel bottle in the shower Indie, you could break a toe. Seriously. It reminds me of a small mini television...it cannot be easy to dispense in a wet slippery shower. WTH?

Like all of Prada's scents, this one feels generic and lacking character.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Don't drop that shower gel bottle in the shower Indie, you could break a toe. Seriously. It reminds me of a small mini television...it cannot be easy to dispense in a wet slippery shower. WTH?
    LOL. Actually, it comes with a pump attachment so you can just dispense it with one hand. But yeah, even though the bottle is plastic, it's a pretty hefty bath related accessory! I think if I ever use the whole bottle, I'll put the screw cap back on and keep it as a display or something.

I'm liking Infusion de Vetiver as a close to the skin kind of vetiver scent. After it sits on the skin for several hours, it reminds me of my long lost Vettiveru-- now THERE'S a giant bottle I wish I hadn't dropped. Still, when I spray Infusion de Vetiver on, it seems so timid. This notion wasn't helped by the fact that I also bought Aramis Havana at the same time-- now that scent is BOLD! Anyway, I don't expect Infusion de Vetiver to appeal to people who already have a large selection of vetivers in their drobes; but if you're like me, and enjoy the aesthetic of the Prada scents, then it's a nice expansion to the range.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    LOL. Actually, it comes with a pump attachment so you can just dispense it with one hand. But yeah, even though the bottle is plastic, it's a pretty hefty bath related accessory! I think if I ever use the whole bottle, I'll put the screw cap back on and keep it as a display or something.

I'm liking Infusion de Vetiver as a close to the skin kind of vetiver scent. After it sits on the skin for several hours, it reminds me of my long lost Vettiveru-- now THERE'S a giant bottle I wish I hadn't dropped. Still, when I spray Infusion de Vetiver on, it seems so timid. This notion wasn't helped by the fact that I also bought Aramis Havana at the same time-- now that scent is BOLD! Anyway, I don't expect Infusion de Vetiver to appeal to people who already have a large selection of vetivers in their drobes; but if you're like me, and enjoy the aesthetic of the Prada scents, then it's a nice expansion to the range.
    Ah, of course - a pump attachment. Well, I personally might try to scrounge up some Infusion de Vetiver shower gel myself. I was so taken by the Infusion d'Homme shower gel I used to have (and the Vetiver by Guerlain shower gel I own) that enjoying this one seems like a no-brainer. I just wish the EdT would man-up a bit.

I really like Infusion D'Homme and just sampled this one today. There are similarities for sure, but to me IdV has a lighter, more airy feel to it. I prefer IdH which seems more dry and sharp. There's a grapefruit accord on the dry down of IdV, which I'm wondering whether I can, or want, to pull off. I'll stick to Infusion d'Homme.
    Last edited by laroche; 16th June 2010 at 11:33 PM.

Its really not that bad...its just not that good.
    Its a very subtle scent. Very soapy yes, but its also not offensive and can be worn by anyone anywhere.

Don't try it on a paper or something. Get a sample and wear it.
    On me its a woody, yet lighter version of IDH.
    Is it worth buying? That I think depends on the person. If your work place isn't very welcoming of loud/"different" scents then yes buy it. I don't see anyone having problem with the way it smells.

As far as normal day wear? Idk if its worth it imo. I have amber which I semi-like, but I wasn't a fan of IDH. Not that I didn't like it, but after buying amber I didn't see a need.

I recently got Mugler Cologne which is a better soapy/clean then both.

I love Prada. I love Prada scents. I love the name Infusion de Vetiver. I love its bottle. But the juice inside is... Such a big disappoinment. Prada Vetiver has openning notes very similar to Infusion d'Homme. Vetiver drydown is thin, light, weak. I tried and tried and tried to find out if there was any tiny vetiver in this one's drydown, but I couldn't. Despite the longvervity and sillage are good, Prada Vetiver is boring.

Bought a 3.3 oz at Ross for $34.99 today. I think this will be a great office scent. I kept waiting for the markdown from $49.99, and it finally came.