Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ho Hang substitutes, anyone?

Now that I've almost finished my last bottle of Ho Hang, I'm looking for a good substitute, if there is one (I understand Ho Hang has been discontinued). I don't want to be paying big bucks for an old bottle, so I'm wondering if any of you know of any other fragrances out there that can come close to the feel/smell of Ho Hang?

Default Re: Ho Hang substitutes, anyone?

I don't think it's discontinued and anyway it's not terribly expensive. I don't know anything that's very similar. Maybe other suggestions will come in.
    Among other notes, I always get some carnation and slight animalics (civet?) in this as well as some soapiness. The carnation and the soapiness part remind me of some aspcets of Hermes Equipage, although that's a different scent. To me, it's a good nostalgic type of scent for summer.
    Last edited by Renaissance_Man; 14th March 2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: text

Post Thanks / Like

Although Ho Hang has been discontinued, in my experience it is easily available in mall discount stores and online.
    Hermes Equipage is a good suggestion. You might also check out Worth pour Homme.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny both of you mention Equipage. I've been wearing Equipage for years, in large part because the soapy, warm mossy drydown does in fact remind me a lot of Ho Hang. Ho Hang, just 6 months ago, was still easy to find online, at about $35 US for a 3.4 oz. bottle, but now that I'm about to finish my last bottle, I've been looking this week, and it's not only very hard to find any in stock, but it's about $100 US for a 3.4 oz. bottle. I really like Ho Hang, but I'm not interested in hunting down an old bottle for those prices.

I also own a bottle of Worth PH, which is great too, but it smells more leathery to me. I might try layering it with a greener scent.
    Last edited by shamu1; 14th March 2010 at 07:46 PM.

Is Ho Hang citrusy / powdery like Habit Rouge ? I recall someone comparing Ho Hang with PdN New York...
    Last edited by djbozz; 14th March 2010 at 09:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djbozz View Post
    Is Ho Hang citrusy / powdery like Habit Rouge ? I recall someone comparing Ho Hang with PdN New York...
    I've just squirted a little HH on. It is a marvelous, peppery warm spicy scent with a bit of incense. You might give Tommy Bahama for Men a try, it seems like a similar warm spicy scent.
    HH is not citrusy at all for me, and it is not really what I call powdery. It does have a bit of sweetness in the dry-down, but it is a fresh sort of sweetness.
    Last edited by odysseusm; 15th March 2010 at 12:29 AM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas