Code of Conduct

Question Help me find this fragrance : Designer rose, orange color packaging, possibly early to mid 1990s...?

Hey gals and guys

I need some help. I'm in search of a fragrance that a familiy member gave to me in sample vial form. This was about 11 or 12 years ago. I really liked the scent. I threw the vial out and cannot remember the name of the designer or perfume name. It also occured to me recently that this must be a womens fragrance, as I have pretty much exhausted all my options with men's fragrances. As well, I can remember the scent leaning on the feminine side of things.

All I remember is the vial was clear, but the nozzle was orange. It may have been a darker shade of orange. I am estimating the time that this fragrance was released is between 1988 to 1998. I am sure there is a rose note in it. I get the same rose note in an Indian Attar that was given to me. As well, a mens designer, Z Zegna Extreme has this note. Not a dark or indolic rose note by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps some semi edible notes ( such as some vanilla).

I did do a seach in the directory. I got a couple of "suspects". But one thing that is important is that not all fragrances listed in the directory list their fragrance notes. As well, not all are dated ( when they were put out into the market).

So I would love to get any of your responses that would help me find this women fragrance. Your help will be very appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Surfacing.
    Last edited by Surfacing; 14th March 2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Default Re: Help me find this fragrance : Designer rose, orange color packaging, possibly early to mid 1990s

I will not be original:
    -- Lancome Tresor (however, vials came out with the black stopper) -- should be very sweet, with a prominent peach note;
    -- Mariella Burani -- aldehydes in the beginning and powder in the drydown.

Default Re: Help me find this fragrance : Designer rose, orange color packaging, possibly early to mid 1990s

Tocade by Rochas ? Maybe Nahema by Guerlain ? I am trying to think of fragrances that were introduced in that time period and are peach/rose fragrances.

Twolf and Vintage, thanks for the prompt replies But it cannot be Tresor. I would have never worn it at the time, as it was my mom's choice of fragrance on special ocasion's I will look into Burani and Tocade . Thanks ! As well, cannot be a Guerlain. I would have remembered that name on the vial for sure .

Vintage red, good idea to also look into peach. I will look more closely at "...peach/rose fragrances..." as well.

Keep the responses comming ! I will check back this evening. Thanks again
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Hard, hard, hard....

Le Feu d┤Issey? Sonia Rykiel? Dune?
    Last edited by musse; 14th March 2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Can┤t spell
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Hillaire

Kenzo Jungle Elephant came in a sample sprayer just like that; in fact I have one.

It's got rose, but it's a woody Oriental, perfectly unisex.

Blog Entries

My first thought was Clinique Happy, but there's no rose note afaik. Perhaps a look thru some of the bottles in Tang's Orange Crush bottle contest will jog something.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...per_orange.jpg

Edit: Haha, silly me-- if you see your bottle you'll probably want to know what it is, right? Here's the thread with all the answers at post #22.

http://www.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1215142
    Last edited by Heartwood; 14th March 2010 at 11:50 PM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    Hard, hard, hard....

Le Feu d┤Issey? Sonia Rykiel? Dune?
    These two have peaked my interest. Thanks Musse. Let me know if anything else comes up. I don't think it is Dune, although it does sound like a nice smelling fragrance. If I am not mistaken, Ruggles is a bit of a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Kenzo Jungle Elephant came in a sample sprayer just like that; in fact I have one.

It's got rose, but it's a woody Oriental, perfectly unisex.
    This is a good one to come up with Hillaire. I even bought a bottle of Jungle L'Elephant thinking it may have been "it" in the winter. But, it is not the "chosen one" I'm still trying to swap my NIB of this Kenzo fragrance. Nice cinnamon smell. Soft floral. I like it, but not on me.

Thanks for the responses so far, and please keep them comming.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    My first thought was Clinique Happy, but there's no rose note afaik. Perhaps a look thru some of the bottles in Tang's Orange Crush bottle contest will jog something.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...per_orange.jpg

Edit: Haha, silly me-- if you see your bottle you'll probably want to know what it is, right? Here's the thread with all the answers at post #22.

http://www.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1215142
    Alright ! Thanks An Oud Girl. I was thinking about this a while back, but could not locate the thread. Now, thanks to you, I can use this as another reference. Appreciate it very much

Clinique Happy...Hmmmm, I will read the directory. It did come up in my search when I was browsing notes, but I dismissed it. Thanks again

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Could it have been Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique?

http://www.amazon.com/Jean-Paul-Gaul.../dp/B0002DMVIE
    Last edited by ineespenes; 15th March 2010 at 02:32 PM.

How bout this one?

(Les Belles de Ricci)
    Definitely early 90's and orange, don't know about the rose but it was decidedly sweet and edible-ish.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Maybe Anne Pliska (the juice is very dark red, so easy to remember,) or
    Visa by Robert Piguet?

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Could it have been Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique?

http://www.amazon.com/Jean-Paul-Gaul.../dp/B0002DMVIE

I'm glad you got a photo of the sample vial. And from the picture I can tell it is not the "one". I can tell by the font. Thanks

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I've taken a look at Anne Pliska, I don't think that is the one. I would imagine that the sample vial would bear some resemblance in color to the bottle, which is pink. The notes and time when the fragrance was released does seem close, however. Neither is Visa the one. Sorry Kewart , I do appreciate the suggestions very much, however

Les Belles de Ricci ? This orange bottle doesn't show up in the Basenotes directory. Must me a more rare perfume. The edible and sweet notes seem on the right track. I'll have to search more information on it. Thanks Veuve

What most has my interest at this time is Sonia Rykiel. But alot of what I read online seems to be contradicting. Several reviewers say they don't get a rose. Hmmm..... The font on the bottle seems similar to the vial I had.

Keep the suggestions and thoughts comming. This all helps very much and I really appreciate it
    Last edited by Surfacing; 15th March 2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: add

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Another possibility is Dolce Vita. Not sure about the packaging of the vial,though. (but here's a picture)

http://www.beautyencounter.com/5000101565.html?search

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Another possibility is Dolce Vita. Not sure about the packaging of the vial,though. (but here's a picture)

http://www.beautyencounter.com/5000101565.html?search

Thanks again The vial does not look similar. Where the nozzle is, the color of it ( the nozzle) is an orange. Once again, taking a look at the sample vials really help. Appreciate your help very much.

I'm also considering Tocade a canditate at the moment. I would have thought I could remember a name like Rochas, though. I'll read some more when I get off work.

Keep the suggestions comming and thanks

More HERE
    Please PM me !

For some reason "rose" and "orange" packaging makes me think of Paris by Yves St-Laurent. Could it be???

Thanks for the reply Effluve. I don't think it is Paris because I would have most likely remembered that name. Ditto for YSL. Thanks though, much appreciated all the replies I am getting here.

I am THIS close to blind buying Sonia Rykiel. I local shop here has the small bottle. Tocade, I may "sample" this one first. And if Tocade is a NO, then I will possibly pick up the Sonia Rykiel. Depending how I am feeling that day, of course.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Thanks for the reply Effluve. I don't think it is Paris because I would have most likely remembered that name. Ditto for YSL. Thanks though, much appreciated all the replies I am getting here.

I am THIS close to blind buying Sonia Rykiel. I local shop here has the small bottle. Tocade, I may "sample" this one first. And if Tocade is a NO, then I will possibly pick up the Sonia Rykiel. Depending how I am feeling that day, of course.

No problem. Now I'm desperate too to find out what it is!!! Do keep us posted, and good luck with the search.

Another possibility maybe - Gucci Accenti.

Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I've got a Gucci Accenti sample.

Here are a couple other possibilities, too. Alchimie by Rochas, Guerlain Samsara. (Gucci is in the middle.)

(Alchimie is a lovely red-orange; Accenti looks more brown in person than it does in the photo; Samsara looks more pink in the photo than it does in person.)
    Last edited by NebraskaLovesScent; 19th March 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: added additional note

Thanks Musse ( again ! ) and NLS. The vial was a spray. The Alchimie looks like a possibilty. If Accenti was a spray vial, it would be a dead ringer because of the shade in color.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

The kind of scents I like now are far different from what I enjoyed 11-12 years ago. I don't know if that might be the case with you...

You know D-Flame, that is such a good point.

I did the same thing with Joop! Nightflight a couple of years ago as I was getting more serious into my fragrance choices. I picked up a bottle of Nightflight online, remembering it as a fragrance which I had a mini of some 11 years before. I knew I liked it when I had it and my family did as well.

Well, long story short, Nightflight disgusted me from the moment I sprayed my new bottle. I didn't remember just how sharp the opening notes were. Also despite remembering how the scent smelled, I really did not like it Strange, but it happens....well, it did happen.

I should make sure not to make the same mistake again. At the very least, perhaps sample Sonia Rykiel before I spend money and time on it

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Maybe it's the original Realities by Liz Claiborne? I think it had rose/peach notes and the bottles came in an orange triangular package...