Code of Conduct

Default Tried the new Hermes at Holt Renfrew today: Voyage d'Hermes

I was just at Holt's today and discovered that there is a brand new Hermes fragrance on the market called Voyage d'Hermes. It has no notes listing according to Holt's and is being marketing as a universal fragrance. It seems very pleasant, has alot of citrus and some wood notes, but can't detect anything particular. Anyone with information on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tried the new Hermes at Holt Renfrew today: Voyage d'Hermes

Pretty sure I saw a thread on it a few days ago. The one with the silvery "flip" cover?

Ah...
    Here
    and Here
    and Here too
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 15th March 2010 at 03:45 AM.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Yes, I believe so. The SA likened it to a horse hoove? Thx for the thread!

Post Thanks / Like

smelled this one last night. My first thought was Gin and Tonic... something sort of limey or grapefruity, reminded me a bit of the TdH opening. After that I'm not sure what was happening. only smelled it off paper though
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I tried to this one today, only on the test card though, and I all I could smell was cardamom!

Post Thanks / Like

I got my sample of this today.. and this is what I got out of it.. I kind of agree with the cardamom, there is a lot in the opening it seems. It actually starts off as a stripped down Terre d'Hermes IMO. As it dries a little bit it smells slightly saltier than the original -- kind of reminds me of the salt around the rim of a margarita along with a little lime. Doesn't project as much as the original, but is still nice. The dry down is like a stripped TdH but instead of the orange and grapefruit in TdH.. replace it with a light salty lime. I also get much less cedar out of this one. I still prefer TdH over this.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 15th April 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on, tried it a few days ago. Lighter, sweeter TdH for me. Will not buy, much prefer TdH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quickly tried it in store a few days ago. Not impressed at all. The opening just reminded me of pickled ginger (the stuff you get with sushi).

It did nothing for me. Glad I sniffed it first.

Although I haven't done a side by side yet, I think it is pretty similar to Acqua di Biella Ca Luna.