Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Question Hermes 24 Faubourg - EDP or EDT?

Sampled the EDP recently. Oh my, what a gorgeous scent! It really does convey a feeling of luxury and sophistication. How does the EDT compare? I ran a search but it seems 24 Faubourg is rarely discussed...

Default Re: Hermes 24 Faubourg - EDP or EDT?

One of my all-time favs, named after the flagship store in the once fashionable Faubourg St. Honore! (Faux-bourg is sort of like a suburb...)

I have both and, indeed, the EDP is richer and has more longevity and sillage.

The EDT has good sillage, but is truly lighter. I use the EDT for the warmer months.
    Last edited by Primrose; 15th March 2010 at 07:16 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks, Primrose. I'm expecting a little EDP next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Thanks, Primrose. I'm expecting a little EDP next week...
    Diamondflame, you will love this! Supposedly a favourite of the late Princess Diana, this is a very well-blended jasmine/orange blossom. I reserve this for special occasions...or when I want to feel very elegant...even if I am wearing blue jeans and cleaning the house! Please share your impressions. The overall orange theme colour really echoes the Hermes logo of the carriage and little groom.

My Hermes favourites are 24, Faubourg (EDT and EDP), Kelly Caleche EDT and Equipage EDT.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I had a large decant of the EDP last year and I spilled it! This thread reminded me that I need to order some more. It really is a lush scent.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

For this particular scent, I believe the heavier concentrations are more expressive of its nature. I say get a small edt for comparison's sake, but make the bigger investment in edp or if possible, parfum. And if you ever run across soaps in 24, Faubourg, jump on it. This is a fragrance that translates beautifully in fine, hard-milled soap - the shower gel is nice but the soap is superlative.

Basenotes Institution

I used 24 Faubourg for several years before Basenotes- fabulous stuff- I prefer the EDP. Very long lasting. One of the nicest, spontaneous compliments I ever got was for 24 Faubourg. The lady rushed to buy a bottle right away - we were at a duty free fragrance shop at an airport.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Smile Re: Hermes 24 Faubourg - EDP or EDT?

A very special scent more from a bygone era than anything in the late 20th century. For special occassions only like...opening night

It's not the scent that recalls the person; it's the person who recalls the scent
    LaNose

I remember having a bottle of this around 10 years ago but can't remember if it was the EDT or the EDP.
    Now I am thinking of buying a bottle of EDP.

Just wondering if there are any reformulation horror stories about this one?