Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guerlain Homme L’Eau by Guerlain

Anyone see/smell this?

I did not like the original, so I have low expectations for this one - but still....it's Guerlain so I'll give it a try.

Default Re: Guerlain Homme L’Eau by Guerlain

Saw it and smelled it in Paris last week. Nice work, the mojito accord works well as an eau.

Like the sound of it - Homme and Homme Intense are pretty much the only Guerlains I like (I know - sorry), so this one is, at the very least, intriguing.

Post Thanks / Like

Smelled it last week - thought it was a bit harsh and too sharp, but that was from a smelling strip.

Also smelled it last week, but I actually liked it.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Saw it and smelled it in Paris last week. Nice work, the mojito accord works well as an eau.
    I thought this might be the case. I love the smell of mojitos but I didnt' like the way it was presented in the original.

Synthetic smell-good mainstream scent variant, same category as Chanel Homme Allure Sport and Gucci by Gucci PH.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

Recently tried this and to my nose this is a major success. Better than both the original and intense versions and highly wearable for summer. It retains the rum accord from the original and has a cool, bracing mint note. The harsh and synthetic wood accord from Homme has been replaced by classic eau de cologne notes with citrus and herbs.

To me this is a perfect update of Hermès Eau de orange verte concentrée. Same style but better longevity and sligtly more modern. The frosted glass flacon is quite elegant. Overall a winner for summer.

//mmm

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of this one and to me it`s very different from the original and not so different from the Intense one. It`s not a original, groundbreaking, must have guerlain, but it`s not bad at all and it doesn`t have unbalanced summer accord, that seems strong on the beginning and then just dissapear. THe Eau version to my nose has a scent very similar to lemonade. I got lots of lemon, some generic green herbs, a touch of rum that gives it a sweet light sugar texture, and some mint to make it cool. The mint goes on a green direction, not a toothpaste one. The difference from this to the Intense verions is that the Intense is strong on rum and mint and light on citrus, and this gives me the impression that they`ve just changed the proportions of the Intense accord to produce the Eau one. The base of both is similar to me, that light, velvet wood accord from Iso e Super. The Intense one seems more proeminent on this accord, and at my skin it stays in this tune from at least 6 hours after the two hour of Rum-Mint-Lemon. The Eau seems to be even softer than the intense on the base and after 4 hours that preceed the first two hours of Lemon-mint-rum I can barely detect it. The Eau has a after bath vibe to me while the Intense seems perfect for dialy wear and as an office scent. I have already used my intense a lot of times in the summer at work and while it lasts better than the EDT version, this one doesn`t project monster sillage that will annoy your work partners.

Default Guerlain Homme L’Eau by Guerlain

I tested it on paper a few weeks ago. The original Homme accords are recognisable, but, as you'd expect, the effect is lighter and thinner. It'll probably sell well as a summer 'airport shop' scent, but as others have already said, its watered-down, generic feel will be seen as disappointing by lovers of meatier Guerlain work.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Synthetic smell-good mainstream scent variant, same category as Chanel Homme Allure Sport and Gucci by Gucci PH.
    I don`t see any similarties between Guerlain Homme L'Eau/Allure Sport and L`Eau/Gucci by Gucci PH

Does anyone know where this is available in the U.S. or on the internet? I like the original and was thinking about the intense version but really would like to try the L'ea version first. Thanks.