Default Re: SOTD: Sunday, April 15, 2012

Good morning !. SotD is Xerjoff 1861.

Think we can justify another small tribute to the 8K milestone

Good Morning,

Musc Ravageur for me today.

Enjoy your Sunday, gang.

Thank you JR, Mr.T hid my headphones somewhere, when he gets up I will listen to your flutes. I hope.

Came home all soaked up last night -- dontcha hate them umbrellas turning inside out like cups at the gusts of wind? -- woke up with mermaid hairdo, if you know what I mean. Has been storming and thundering most of the night, but the tornado missed us just under the wire. Please think kindly of our Nebraska's contingent: kumquat and purplebird, they are bearing the brunt this weekend.

Will work all day long, most probably in E.Coudray Givrine.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is a sample of Byredo Seven Veils. Lovely stuff indeed: a floaty haze of sweet spices and floral vanilla.

Notes include carrot, pimento berries, Tahitian vanilla flower, laurier rose, glycine, tiger orchid, sandalwood, vanilla

Enjoy your Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. SpaceNK In Peace.
    DONNA

Hi everyone.

Have a great day.

Trying esprit du Tigre - Heeley.

for swap/sale:

tom ford extreme

Blog Entries

Givenchy Organza Indecence

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Sunday, April 15, 2012

Last edited by ROBERTO; 15th April 2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Today, need simple and lovely, so am in vintage Chanel 5. And will be all day. I need it today.

We had a death in the extended family, one we knew to anticipate, but that never makes it easier. I will be providing moral support today as the family comes together, so silk wrap dress and a bit of Chanel to keep up my energy for those who need me.

And in honor of the one we lost, a sunset across farmland he loved:

Last edited by KarmaLee; 15th April 2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

My condolences to you and your family, KarmaLee.
    Wishing you all strength at this difficult period.

Basenotes Plus

Sorry to hear of your loss, KarmaLee.
    My best wishes to you and yours.

HdP - 1740 Marquis de Sade

Good morning everyone. Today I went to work only to find out we were too many! Some kind of mix up with the shifts must have happend. Since I was rather sleepy after too little sleep last night I said I could go after two hours. Sotd is the same as yesterday's sotE, Egoiste. I'm sorry about your loss KarmaLee

Basenotes Plus

Sending my condolences to you KarmaLee and to your family.

Thank you Jon for the nice music this morning.

SotD Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie

Afternoon all. Mugler Innocent today.

(KarmaLee) - sincerest condolences.

(KarmaLee) sorry for you loss.

today i am wearing Unbreakable Bond by Khloe and Lamar.

PRFM-193531.jpg

Hello everyone -

I'm in Rose d'Ete by Les Parfums de Rosine. Y'all have a great day!

KarmaLee - my condolences for your loss.

*dora* - Happy Easter! Wishing you a wonderful and joyful day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I’m sampling VC&A Gardénia Pétale as part of Twolf’s sampling group. It is gorgeously well done, I can see that, but I’m actually finding this a bit shrill and high pitched. I am very, very picky about gardenia scents, however. I’m so glad I got to try this one. Thank you, Twolfie!

And thank you, Jon, for the lovely wolf tribute. Wolves are so beautiful.

KarmaLee, I am so sorry for you loss. That is never easy. My sincere condolences to you all. What a beautiful place to live. No wonder he loved it.

Be safe, everybody in the Midwest in the storms. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you all.

pure havane

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Frapin 1270.

summer means fireflys

I'm not sure of my SOTD yet, but I wanted to check in with you guys to let you know I'm ok. Some of you know I live near Wichita, which was hammered by a HUGE tornado last night ... but I live on the north side and the tornado was on the south side, about 20 miles from us. There are lots of reports of damage, but no deaths.

I'm a little worried about Lessa, who was probably closer to the action ... I don't have her personal number any longer. If anyone does, could you contact her and tell her my concerns? Thanks!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm not sure of my SOTD yet, but I wanted to check in with you guys to let you know I'm ok. Some of you know I live near Wichita, which was hammered by a HUGE tornado last night ... but I live on the north side and the tornado was on the south side, about 20 miles from us. There are lots of reports of damage, but no deaths.

I'm a little worried about Lessa, who was probably closer to the action ... I don't have her personal number any longer. If anyone does, could you contact her and tell her my concerns? Thanks!
    So glad to hear you are safe! Wear something comforting today. I am hosting lunch a bit later for family, still in Chanel.

And thanks all for the kind words. I wrap them around me like the silk and the scent of Chanel for comfort.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

(((KarmaLee))), you're so kind, trying to take care of everyone. Don't forget to squeeze in some comfort for yourself; on the right track with your No.5 and silk. Take time to do the little things for yourself while you're helping others.

Shades, so good to hear from you today! Have been worrying about my nearby neighbors to the west. Hope we'll hear that Lessa, Kumquat and purplebird are ok, too. And I know we have a few others to worry about in that direction. My thoughts are with you all.

Keiko Mecheri Genie des Bois today. Had thought I wanted a FB of this but now I'm realizing it's the same as with most violet scents for me: beautiful but I think I'd hardly wear it. Insolence is the only violet that gets any real time with me but it is so much more than a violet. Lilybelle can speak to that more eloquently than I can!
    The nose wants what it wants!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Took all morning, but I'm caught up on the past eight SotD threads ...

Convalescents
    Warum, Kewart, Jujy: We could use a BN convalescent center -- a dedicated wing on the Basenotes Estate -- for those who need to lick their wounds and smell each others' wrists (that wording seemed clever initially, but the imagery really is less than pleasing, isn't it?). Healing vibes to all in need.

Grins
    Jon: A “healthy shade of Shrek.”
    Gandhajala: “… shade of Shrek, Incredible Hulk and Slimer.”
    Alityke: “Sawdust and rightgeous sweat.” (Interestingly, in the States, we call wire wool "steel wool.")
    Foustie: “The point of the story is that the next time she is in town I will take her to the Chanel Exlusivs Counter and shove her in front of me.” … “Ponging a bit today having overdone the samples then Mr Muscle oven cleaner.”
    There's just something about British humor that tickles me no end.
    Twolf: Mermaid hair-do? I'm not clear, so we're going to need to see pictures.

Hugs Due
    Dora: Hug for your being a mom, hug for your being Greek, and a hug for your being a perfumista.
    Hedonist: Hug for the salvage operation of Larimar's trip post.
    RainDropSparkle, Arwen Elf, Actiasluna: Belated hugs of the best birthday-wishing sort for you.
    Lilybelle: Just cuz, cuz, cuz!
    Frou Frou: You know why.
    RHM: I don't know what sadness had visited your life, but I do hope it lifts.
    Shades: For weather worries.

I'd hate you if I didn't love you
    Larimar: The Paris experience (see shade of Shrek). Congrats on finding YOUR edc. That's how I've recently come to feel about Parfums de Nicolai Cologne Sologne, whose lasting power seems strong to me, too. It's sad to learn that Guerlain is shuffling their finest stuff to the back and continuing the trend of reformulation (L'Heure Bleu didn't need updating). If possible, I enjoyed your story more than I might have the scents themselves.
    Jon & Evangeline: Pretty, pretty scenes!

Don't make me tear up like this
    Larimar: “My mom never quite had any real exposure to the perfume greats. She fell quite heavily for Knize Ten... seriously, how cool is that?!! I'm getting her a big boy's bottle for her 70th birthday this summer. Terrible! Time is flying (70!!!!!) and the simple facts of life are often frightening. Time is so precious.... isn't it?” Bless your heart, dear.
    KarmaLee: I grieve the loss of one who loved land. So few understand the land.

Oh … that's right … the subject here is perfume ...
    Mike: Yes, that C&E Lavender bottle/label is lovely. Lately, the glass for bottles has become convoluted in the extreme, with little to offer in advancing the aesthetic of flacons. I enjoy a good label. Just look at what the wine industry has done in the past few decades. Many such labels are works of art.
    tdem: Byredo Seven Veils contains a note of glycine, the amino acid/protein molecule??? Weird.
    SOTD: Bulgari Au Thé Blanc again. I've traveled full circle and remember why I like what I liked back when I first starting liking things. I noticed that every time I'd pull off the cap and sniff ATB, I'd smile involuntarily. While it doesn't always work on all parts of my skin, I've figured out that the back of my hands and my shirt bring out the je ne sais quoi-ness of this fragrance.
    The rain barrels are full and so is the outside to-do list. Can't help from trying to do everything all at once. I'll share pix once more of the projects are completed. We have a landscapers' tour group coming in August, so "sundial of found objects," "greenhouse of salvaged goods," and other hairbrain dreams must be brought to fruition. Oh, wait, I do have a finished project to share: The blackboard sign finally installed by the front door:

The pullcord to the left of the sign allows visitors to ring the bell in the recently restored tower.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

(((Quarry)))!! What a great post! I don’t ever like to miss a post by you. I love your new blackboard/sign. ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    We could use a BN convalescent center -- a dedicated wing on the Basenotes Estate -- for those who need to lick their wounds and smell each others' wrists (that wording seemed clever initially, but the imagery really is less than pleasing, isn't it?).
    Well, it brings to my mind imagery of smelling each others’ wounds and licking each others’ wrists, but as a dog lover I’d say it’s all good anyway.

....... SOTE: ........

(((Quarry))) Wow, that was catching up in one post!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everybody affected or threatened by the tornados. It's on our news as well, in fact it was yesterday already saying that life-threatening ones were predicted.
    SotE is Racine, Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier. MY vetiver, in fact a citrus - vetiver. It's splendid and I'm all set for summer. I am sure this would smell ravishing on a woman. Try if you haven't
    Last edited by Larimar; 15th April 2012 at 05:20 PM.

Good Evening,

Wow, Quarry. Way to post !
    Hoping Lessa et al are OK. Scary stuff.
    SotE is l'Heure Bleue (extrait).
    Best to all.

Hola!
    Greetings from Puerto Vallarta!

Quarry, loved your post and sign. I wish I could ring that bell!

Hugs to KarmaLee and those facing hardships.

SotD is L'Ombre dans L'eau. Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Burberry Brit for Men.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Ah dear Basenoters- be safe, all!

Sotd-Safari by Ralph Lauren.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Just an easy day today: wearing an old favorite (Muguet des Bois), chatting with my daughter about our favorite things, and making bread.

Hey y'all -

Still enjoying the Rosines, but I'm now in the plush, softly spicy saffron roses of Rose Kashmirie.

cestrum nocturnum - Puerto Vallarta, what a fun vacation! Have a great time!

((Quarry)) - Great post! You have such a thoughtful way of making everyone feel special ...thanks!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quarry you are da bomb
    KarmaLee condolences

Been a busy one SotD was Bulgari Jasmin Noir Sote Habanita

KarmaLee - My condolences to you & your family. (((Hugs)))

My thoughts are with all Basenoters who are affected by the tornados.

Sonoma Scent Studio - Sienna Musk.

Hugs for you, KarmaLee, sorry your relative died, that is hard. Good that you can be there for your family.

Today was another market day for me, in Jailia, it is great for an outdoor event Happy and loud.

I'm sampling some vintage Vol de Nuit parfum, thanks very much to a very kind Basenoter. I think this must be highly addictive.

Sorry for Your Loss KarmaLee.....You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!
    Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf
    Gary

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Tam Dao today.

KarmaLee, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

KarmaLee, sorry to hear about your family's loss. Strength be with you.

Shades, thanks for checking in.

Q., a quick questiion -- accepting passing by wolves around your Birthday in late May to pull that cord and see the mermaid latest hairdos?

Have not got a chance to speak with Mr.T and ask him about the headphones, not yet. Possibly tomorrow.

Hermes Rouge is my SotN.

Blog Entries

SOTD: APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

I wore Alien today.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Coco M. EDT
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Burberry Brit

Basenotes Institution

((( KarmaLee ))) - I am so sorry for your loss.

Jon- you smell very very good !

This evening - it's No .22 parfum .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.