Black Aoud
    Chergui
    Fumerie Turque
    Avignon
    Piper Nigrum
    New York-Parfums de Nicolai
    Endymion
    L'air du desert morocain

They will arrive in a week and half.Based on my wardrobe, which of these you guys think i gonna like best.

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/12867
    Last edited by Rbsann; 16th March 2010 at 07:48 PM.

Default Re: Just ordered some samples

Your wardrobe isn't visible, so I can't tell what's in it. My favorites of the samples, though, are Chergui, PdN NY, and L'addM - and I've tried them all. Good luck. Like I said, you might want to make your wardrobe visible.

How do i make my wardrobe visible???

Anyway, i have GIT, Chrome, Givenchy Ph, Gucci Envy, Cool Water Game, Marc Jacobs, Ungaro III, L' Anarchiste,L'Instant Guerlain and Versacce Pour Homme. My Favorites are Git, Ungaro, L'Anarchiste and L'Instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbsann View Post
    How do i make my wardrobe visible???
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 16th March 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    *Applauds creative helpfulness*

Most of the fragrances in your collection are what I would call fresh (ie. GIT, Versace) and most of the samples are what I would call rich (ie. Black Aoud, Chergui) so I think you're in for a surprise!
    I haven't tried them all but I really do like L'air du desert morocain and will add it to my collection.
    Last edited by weylin; 17th March 2010 at 02:44 AM. Reason: poor spelling

Blog Entries

You're diving headfirst into niche territory there. Prepare for weirdness.

I'm guessing you'll like PDN NY and maybe Piper Nigrum on first sniff, because NY just smells classic and Piper is peppery and fresh over sandalwood.

You've order some of the same first "weird" samples as I did when I was at the same stage. I thought most were interesting but confusing and weird (Avignon, Dzongka, Chergui) or nice but dull (LADDM) or just nasty (Aoud).

But do keep the ones you don't like. You've got some of the greats there, but it might take a few tries...

Nice picks!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Ooh, I've tried a lot of these. I have no idea what you're going to like the best. I own bottles and absolutely love Chergui and Avignon. Avignon may be hard to wear because of how incredibly literal an incense it is. I wear it a lot, though, haha. I didn't care for the medicinal opening of Black Aoud, but the drydown was beautiful--warm and rosy. LADDM will be my next bottle purchase, I think. Nice and spicy. My guess is that you'll really like Fumerie Turque. It's quite unlike anything in your collection and it's quite beautiful, I think. Let us know how your sampling adventures turn out!

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    *Applauds creative helpfulness*
    Indeed, I love your style, man!

As for the question, weylin is right, these fragrances may shock you, hopefully in a good way. If you do not like the samples you've bought, keep them and carry on trying to find ones you love. Come back to your samples later, when you feel your nose has refined, you'll love the scents you have on the way! I recently tried Musc Ravageur after a few months of BaseNoting, I hated it to start with, I love and respect it now!

Very strong selections - I predict you'll really like something out of this batch, although I couldn't say which.

In the end i received 15 samples, but unfortunely no Desert Marocain ) :.

About the samples.

I really LOVED black aoud, fumerie turque, piper nigrum and endymion, probably going to buy a bottle of each.

Liked Dzongkha, Havana Vanille and Jubilation XXV, but not enough to buy a bottle. Havana Vanille i REALLY liked the opening, with the rum, but the drydown was to sweet for my taste.
    In my opinion Dzonghkha and Jubilation are very similar, but Dzongkha is better for my taste, Jubilation has a weird sinthetic note that i disliked.

I didnt liked Chergui and New york. Chergui smells like fruit cake and New York smells like talcum, New York opening is not bad, but the drydown is disgusting, smells like my grandma.

And i hated Avignon and Musc Koublai Khan. I tried Avignon because someone said that it was similiar to bond silver factory, there is absolutely nothing similar about them, Avignon is pure Myrh in a bottle, Silver Factory is a mettalic incese kind of smell.

And about Koublai Khan, i dont found anything dirty on it, to me it smell old, another one that reminds of my grandma and the body lotions she used.Bad.

I still have to try on my skin Mechant Loupe, Ciel Man, Yerbamate and Invasion Barbare.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbsann View Post
    In the end i received 15 samples, but unfortunely no Desert Marocain ) :.

About the samples.

I really LOVED black aoud, fumerie turque, piper nigrum and endymion, probably going to buy a bottle of each.

Liked Dzongkha, Havana Vanille and Jubilation XXV, but not enough to buy a bottle. Havana Vanille i REALLY liked the opening, with the rum, but the drydown was to sweet for my taste.
    In my opinion Dzonghkha and Jubilation are very similar, but Dzongkha is better for my taste, Jubilation has a weird sinthetic note that i disliked.

I didnt liked Chergui and New york. Chergui smells like fruit cake and New York smells like talcum, New York opening is not bad, but the drydown is disgusting, smells like my grandma.

And i hated Avignon and Musc Koublai Khan. I tried Avignon because someone said that it was similiar to bond silver factory, there is absolutely nothing similar about them, Avignon is pure Myrh in a bottle, Silver Factory is a mettalic incese kind of smell.

And about Koublai Khan, i dont found anything dirty on it, to me it smell old, another one that reminds of my grandma and the body lotions she used.Bad.

I still have to try on my skin Mechant Loupe, Ciel Man, Yerbamate and Invasion Barbare.

I researched about MKK and this is what I found!
    "It's so strong, actually, that anything more than a couple of dabs can get extremely distracting. Over apply and you will keep smelling MKK, thinking about MKK, feeling MKK. It will occupy your thoughts in a NSFW way, so be careful." - came from thenonblonde.blogspot.com/2009/01/serge-lutens-muscs-kublai-khan-beauty.html