Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these two fragrances would you most like to see advance? Select one from each group only.

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Group A) Aramis Havana

66 64.08%
  • (Group A) Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

28 27.18%
  • (Group B) Guerlain Vetiver

53 51.46%
  • (Group B) Creed Green Irish Tweed

49 47.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Blog Entries

Default BMM10: 3/17 Games 47 & 48 (Havana vs. Grey Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver vs. GIT)

If interested in participating in the NCAA March Madness bracket, please visit this thread.

Basenotes March Madness 2010

Games 47 & 48
    (Round 2)
    Poll ends March 18.

(6) Aramis Havana vs. (14) Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    (1) Guerlain Vetiver vs. (9) Creed Green Irish Tweed

Most recent bracket:

(Click bracket for full size.)

Poll will close in 24 hours, vote which fragrance you'd like to see advance to Round 3. Vote for one fragrance from each group only, voting for both is statistically the same as not voting at all.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM10: 3/17 Games 47 & 48 (Havana vs. Grey Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver vs. GIT)

The Zeitgeist Sez...

Predictions:

(5) Christian Dior Eau Sauvage def. (13) Creed Himalaya
    (1) Thierry Mugler A*Men def. (8) Azzaro Pour Homme

Standings:
    Maximum Score Possible 61
    The Zeitgeist 43

gupts 50
    an_oud_girl 47
    wicozani 47
    zliang 46
    DocmanCC 45
    the_good_life 44
    mrcologneguy 43
    flannelman 43
    Buddy97 43
    surreality 42
    TwoRoads 42
    Asha 40
    timaru 38
    kbe 36
    Royal 36
    robpgmc 36
    Bluesoul 35
    mudassir 35
    veuve amiot 35
    Furriner 34
    telecaster 33
    JaimeB 32
    rogalal 32
    Exquisitely Me 30
    jacona 30
    Roryj 22

(The Zeitgeist is the "spirit of the time", and his picks are the picks of the majority in all rounds, as an experiment to see if the majority pick in every round is more likely to be correct than any individual's picks. In other words, "Is all of us smarter than one of us?")
    The Zeitgeist has spoken.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: BMM10: 3/17 Games 47 & 48 (Havana vs. Grey Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver vs. GIT)

Guerlain Vetiver deserves the esteem in which it is held. However GV and I have never been comfortable bedfellows therefore GIT gets my vote by virtue of the fact that we always get along famously. Havana takes Group A.

I find Guerlain's Vetiver nauseating and GIT is an equally classic fragarance - the one Creed that is genuinely historically important, in fact, for pioneering a new fragrance style. Go, GIT. Not a fan of Havana myself, but I respect it and expect it to win hands down.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Hmm. While I respect GIT, I don't actually like it and I do enjoy G-Vet -so its got to be that. And havana over TF Grey V every time.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

GIT cannot lose...c'mon people!!!

Guerlain Vetiver in any concentration/incarnation rocks GIT's puny little world. But I know I am perhaps in the minority in this opinion and they are both great, classic frags--a real horse race.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Vetiver is a shadow of its former self, mainly due to a drastic decrease in quality of materials (the tobacco note is even more off-putting than ever). GITs soft iris-green violet accord is still one of the best rendered in the industry. But Vetiver is older and has more fans and would win this one.

Havana vs Grey Vetiver..i like GV more and can't stand Havanas toxic mixture of notes, but once again Havana has more fans.

Vetiver and Havana go through.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    ... not voting at all.
    [/CENTER]
    I voted Gray Vetiver. It was the worst experience of a fragrance ever. Thick as aspic, utterly dead, doomed as a tiger in the cage.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    GIT cannot lose...c'mon people!!!
    I agree, AND I firmly believe GIT to be more culturally important and even a bigger classic than GV.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

The champ (GV) is content to do just enough with his erstwhile challenger, while saving his strength and power for his inevitable run much deeper into the tournament!

Blog Entries

Even though I voted for Guerlain Vetiver, I thin we need a Creed to go a bit further and GIT is the only one that could. Hence, go GIT! It is merely 7 votes behind now, so who knows.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

GIT getting a bit of St. Pattie's Day kicker?
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    GIT getting a bit of St. Pattie's Day kicker?
    Wow, sure looks like it, GV had it more than doubled when I left this afternoon. Still a bit too late to pull off the shocker upset.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Guerlain Vetiver is such an overrated fragrance it's ridiculous. There are so many better interpretations of vetiver but that's brand name loyalty for ya right there.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM