Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 Montauk?

Anybody hear anything about this? I was wondering if it would be released for this summer.

Default Re: Bond No. 9 Montauk?

My Rep told me that this will launch this summer.....I believe She said June!!!
    I am excited about this.....Can't wait!!!
    Gary

It had better smell like a surfer dude, or there will be trouble!

More details at Now Smell This. Comes out in May! Once again, love the bottle.

http://www.nstperfume.com/page/3/

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    More details at Now Smell This. Comes out in May! Once again, love the bottle.

http://www.nstperfume.com/page/3/
    I Love the bottle also!!!
    Gary

Anything more on this? May is almost over.

I sniffed it at Saks today although, I didn't spend much time on it so I can't really comment. It was really smooth and I did like it. I can't really give an educated review. I'm going to have to try it again because I did like it when I first smelled it.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    I sniffed it at Saks today although, I didn't spend much time on it so I can't really comment. It was really smooth and I did like it. I can't really give an educated review. I'm going to have to try it again because I did like it when I first smelled it.
    It's available for sale already?

My Saks has this and I will test Tuesday!!! I can't wait.....this is one that I have been waiting to sample!!!
    Gary

It's a great scent and I would say a lot more on the feminine side of the fence. My wife loves it ...and might be her first niche purchase. It's lightly spiced, smooth, slighly sweet with some floral and citrus/fruit. Hard to pin down all that's going on in it. Lasts quite a while.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I tried this today. Mind you I didnt spend too much time with it (back of hand test) but these are my first impressions. spicy aquatic with some light wood and soft florals. Also I can smell what I percieve as melon as well. Longevity and sillage seem to be above average. I can't really say anything bad about it but it's also nothing that made me swoon or break out the wallet. I couldn't pick out most of the listed notes either per se. Maybe the blueberry is what I'm perceivng as melon. It's safe and nice smelling so Im sure it will sell.

They were having their buy any two bond products and get a full sized bottle free sale. The SA even told me that I could buy two candles and get a bottle. Unfortunately the only Bond I want right now is the Harrods LE (non swarovski) which they don't even sell there so I had to pass.

I just reviewed this scent yesterday if anyone's interested in checking it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHgdgriypdw

I just got a bottle of Montauk today. It's fairly nice. Tart fruit and woodsy on my skin. It'll be a good addition to my summer wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by pigasus27 View Post
    I just got a bottle of Montauk today. It's fairly nice. Tart fruit and woodsy on my skin. It'll be a good addition to my summer wardrobe.
    Hi There!

I bought one also.....This will be a good one for sure!!!
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

Excellent! I went into SAKS prepared to love (and purchase) the SAKs en Rose but fell head over heels in love with Montauk. It is woodsy, fresh a tiny bit floral.....definitely unisex. I found the slight blueberry note really interesting and "fun".

Whilst I was there sniffing happily away, I got a call that my husband did not hear about the "sure thing" for his next job. So, no buying perfume for me & here I though I'd be celebrating.

I really WANT Montauk but I must be practical right now.
    Last edited by RHM; 30th May 2010 at 02:48 AM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I thought it was really nice as well. The last couple of unisex releases, High Line for one, were very feminine to me. Montauk is not the case.

I'm wearing Montauk right now, and I have to admit that it captures the summer holiday weekend mood quite nicely (either that or I'm a sucker for ad copy)

Wink Re: Bond No. 9 Montauk?

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    I'm wearing Montauk right now, and I have to admit that it captures the summer holiday weekend mood quite nicely (either that or I'm a sucker for ad copy)
    I was just at Saks Fifth Avenue in Mission Viejo, CA today and I smelled it. Its very woodsy yet very refreshing. I told the sales rep that it was slightly floral, but mostly amber and red wood with a touch of bergamot and white lily.

Personally I think its a dead ringer for "Platinum Egoiste" by Chanel and a few of the sales reps agreed with me.

A nice fragrance, with very good sillage!

I recently purchased a bottle and I'm wearing this today. Montauk plays it safe as far as notes go, nothing mind-blowing here, but it is a nice easy-going fragrance. With a few exceptions, I've always found Bond to be just on the niche side of designer style fragrances and this is no exception. I get the "blueberry/melon" note in there and it indeed makes it more interesting - perhaps this is the Studio 54 element. It starts with citrus/floral notes that become more fruity/floral but the woody notes come right out early. There is a slightly metallic/aquatic note to it as well. The woody notes remind me of Silver Factory. I'm not as overly impressed by Montauk as I was their Svarovski Oud, or even Fire Island and Chinatown for that matter, but I will agree with the others that this will make a nice albeit harmless addition to the summer wardrobe.

And no, this does not smell like a surfer dude.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Quote Originally Posted by coastfansocal View Post
    Personally I think its a dead ringer for "Platinum Egoiste" by Chanel and a few of the sales reps agreed with me.
    Oh brother, is this another attempt to copy a classic? Can someone either confirm or deny this? Which is better?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

It is wild how everybody can smell things differently. I like Montauk, however, I don't care for Platinum Egoiste. To me, they don't smell similar. Hey, what do I know?

I have both Montauk and Platinum Egoiste, and both are at the top of my current summer rotation, and I don't see them anything alike. As far as which is better, I guess it depends. Ignoring the price differential, I find Platinum Egoiste to be more all purpose, suitable for both work and casual wear, while I find Montauk to be better for casual wear, especially on weekends. I find PE to be more masculine, while Montauk is more unisex. Montauk has the edge for longevity. I don't think you can say which is "better" since it depends on what you're looking for in a frag.

Montauk in no way smells like PE.....Yes it is funny how some smell things so differently!!!
    Gary

Is it me or Montauk smells similar to I Am King