Code of Conduct

Question The Dreamer or Habanita?

I'm going to buy my first Tobacco fragrance and have decided it's going to be one of these two. I have an allergy to tobacco and figured that since these are inexpensive, they might not contain real tobacco and since they are inexpensive it won't be a great loss if if I am allergic.

So, what are your thoughts?

Default Re: The Dreamer or Habanita?

Habanita ? What's that ? Either way just sample before you buy and be patient with 'The Dreamer'
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Two completely different fragrances. Sample them first, unless you are a gambling man.

Definitely not Habanita. Go with the Dreamer

I like Habanita: Vetiver and vanilla, it was originally sold as a cigarette scenting/flavoring agent... It's very different from The Dreamer.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 7th February 2010 at 06:05 PM.

Hey, I think Habanita is great stuff. I'd wear that over The Dreamer every day I had the choice.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I don't know The Dreamer, but I absolutely love Habanita. It's leather-vanilla-vetiver..would smell great on a man, although it does get a bit powdery.I don't get all too much tobacco from it..(btw..have you considered Fumerie Turque for your tobacco crave?)

Sur la Plage

Definitely not The Dreamer. Go with Habanita.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Habanita all the way ...

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Gosh! The Dreamer is really getting a lot of attention around here lately...

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    Gosh! The Dreamer is really getting a lot of attention around here lately...
    That's why I'm considering it- it was brought to my attention here in the forums. Habanita I've been considering for a couple of months and have been "watching it" on Ebay. Both can be had for under $30 including shipping.

I'm also interested in Havana, and am going to have to go to Nordstroms and actually try it before I shell out the $50.

I hope we can lead him away from The Dreamer and point him towards Bogart pour Homme. The Dreamer doesn't last long; Bogart lasts all day.
    Last edited by Spray; 8th February 2010 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    Habanita ? What's that ? Either way just sample before you buy and be patient with 'The Dreamer'
    YEAH by all means THE DREAMER by Versace; the mugwort reverie blended with the flax is incredible ONE OF A KIND. Def a acquired "taste". Where can I get the Habanita never heard of that one?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by U4Eah View Post
    Where can I get the Habanita never heard of that one?
    Habanita is by Molinard- marketed orig for women but unisex. Available most online discounters and E bay, even Kmart.com. You don't have to acquire taste for this one, IMO
    Last edited by knit at nite; 3rd March 2010 at 06:22 AM.

Never tried the dreamer but Habanita is gorgeous.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Quorum is a very good tobacco fragrance in the estimation of some. Just in case you have not tried it. To me it is really an underpriced masterpiece.

I like and own both, but Habanita is one of the fragrances that made me go, "Wow!"

Personally, I would go with The Dreamer. It's more of a modern fragrance. Habanita is more feminine and definitely smells like it is from another era. Nothing wrong with that, since I rate Habanita as highly as Dreamer, but for a blind buy I would stick with Dreamer. It's the safer risk between the two, IMO.

I'll have to check out Habanita and the reform of Havana.
    Handsome Toad, have you checked out Michael Kors for Men?

Habanita would be my choice.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Never tried the dreamer but Habanita is gorgeous.
    Never tried Habanita but The Dreamer is gorgeous.

Never had the opportunity to sniff Habanita but own and often wear The Dreamer. It is really quite wonderful IMO.

Thumbs up Re: The Dreamer or Habanita?

habanita
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Again, two different animals.

The Dreamer is more like laundry soap...OK, a very pleasant laundry soap. Fresh and inooffensive, not *really* an aquatic, IMHO.

Habanita is a vetiver/vanilla, as mrclmind noted, that comes across as a tobacco.

I would even venture to recomment Aimez Moi by Caron. Very sweet topnotes, but wait for the drydown to be rewarded with a floral tobacco. (Violets, actually.) This can also be found at discount dealers.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Toad View Post
    That's why I'm considering it- it was brought to my attention here in the forums. Habanita I've been considering for a couple of months and have been "watching it" on Ebay. Both can be had for under $30 including shipping.

I'm also interested in Havana, and am going to have to go to Nordstroms and actually try it before I shell out the $50.
    IMO - Dreamer's tobacco is light enough to be just right for me. Know nothing about Habanita though. Have you considered Back to Black ?

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    IMO - Dreamer's tobacco is light enough to be just right for me. Know nothing about Habanita though. Have you considered Back to Black ?
    If you look at the OP, the factor of price was mentioned. Back to Black is a premium scent with a pricetag to match. BtB IS lovely, however, and worth the sniff. (Even for the 1 oz. travel spray, this is pricey at approx. $130, which include the atomiser.)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.