Code of Conduct

Default Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

So I bought a decant of this from the Perfumed Court and was a little floored. Not in a good way. I went with two sprays to the neck, one to the left wrist which I rubbed on my right wrist. By the time I had gotten to school, I smelled like... wait for it... nothing. I could not detect the slightest scent anywhere on me. Neither could anyone else.
    Has anyone else had a problem with this? My skin is not great, but I have never had trouble with anything like this. Could it just be a bad batch?

Default Re: Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

Never had a problem with this like you describe.

I have a decant of this from TPC and while it is light, not as extreme as what you seem to have experienced. I get about 4 good hours out of it.

I have a 2.5oz bottle of the stuff and, although it's a little on the reserved side, I love it. It's definitely not an in-your-face frag, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to being non-existent. If you want, I'll send you a couple of mls out of mine, if you'll just pay shipping. That way you could compare, if you want. In my opinion, it's really a delightful fragrance.

Grand stuff, good presence. Quite lasting for a lavender.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

A superb fragrance IMO. I get cross with Creed for all the rubbish they talk and then I wear this and it all melts away. Choc full of excellent naturals.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Grand stuff, good presence. Quite lasting for a lavender.
    Most definitely.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    I have a 2.5oz bottle of the stuff and, although it's a little on the reserved side, I love it. It's definitely not an in-your-face frag, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to being non-existent.
    Same here.. Definitely not an in-your-face type frag. Subtle and very nice. I really like it!
    ~Mark~

RSL is in the number one spot on my Creed to buy list. The longevity issue gives me pause, I'll have to give it another test drive this weekend.

I don't have longevity issues with RSL.

Love it, love it. I've noticed big variations between samples, though. Lavenders go bad quickly. I finally bought a bottle, but made sure I sniffed it first. Much better than the samples I tried -- much fresher. Long lasting too, but subtle. Don't be shy on the trigger. Blast away. More expensive than several other Creeds, but worth it.

I have just learned that lavanda angustifolia is also called English Lavender, and that explains a few British brand colognes. Now, can anybody please tell me what is contained in topic lavender cologne that would justify calling it Scottish?
    Last edited by narcus; 20th March 2010 at 10:11 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    I have just learned that lavanda angustifolia is also called English Lavender, and that explains a few British brand colognes. Now, can anybody please tell me what is contained in topic lavender cologne that would justify calling it Scottish?
    Nothing at all Narcus. As far as I'm aware, they don't grow Lavender in Scotland.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Perhaps it was commissioned by the Royal Regiment of Foot?

Hey look, a scottish lavender farm!

http://www.millcroftlavender.co.uk/
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Hey look, a scottish lavender farm!http://www.millcroftlavender.co.uk/
    With all the time I spend sitting in front of the computer I've decided to order one of their scented cushions.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Hey look, a scottish lavender farm!
    http://www.millcroftlavender.co.uk/
    Thank you ! That saves me sending an e-mail to Charles or Camilla. :-)

@ Ruggles:
    Do you really need a sedative for that region ? - I envy you!!
    Last edited by narcus; 21st March 2010 at 05:22 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

sirsmellzalot sent me a decant. it was much, much better. maybe the batch I had had just gone bad. the new stuff lasts a long time.

this is a decent scent. i guess i'm just not a huge lavender fan. it IS a calming fragrance. something i would wear at night at home if i plan on watching a movie and going to bed. but there's a bit of a room-deodorizer quality to it.

not something i would buy a whole bottle of.

Wore it today!

Love it!
    ~Mark~

FWIW, My Aunt is an aromatherapist/homeopathist and from the things I learned from her as a kid (and through personal experience) I can garuntee that we grow Lavender in Scotland both farmed and wild. It's not all fried breakfasts and heart disease up here, despite what the media say.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Not my favorite Lavender fragrance,but by the same token a quality well blended fragrance. No longevity issues on my skin, and aren't Lavender fields beautiful?
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    FWIW, My Aunt is an aromatherapist/homeopathist and from the things I learned from her as a kid (and through personal experience) I can garuntee that we grow Lavender in Scotland both farmed and wild. It's not all fried breakfasts and heart disease up here, despite what the media say.
    Next time, kindly wash the battered mars bar down with your special brew before you talk, if you don't mind.

Didn't know you had the right climate for lavender - interesting. I want me some scottish lavender oil now.

reviews

I own Scottish Lavender and it is one of my go-to lavenders any time of year. I agree that if you are used to other Creeds and powerhouse scents, you will probably be underwhelmed by the "weakness" of the scent, but that is the trade off for natural oils.

How does it compare to Gendarme 20 ?

bump. how does it compare to gendarme 20? I never smelled any lavender in gendarme 20 to be honest.