Code of Conduct

Default Looking to buy Aramis Havana...too soon?

I am very new to the cologne scene as some of you may have read my posts. I am looking to sell a few fragrances I no longer want to buy fragrances I do want (makes sense right?). The only cologne out of the 7 or so that I have that I wear and actually like is Chanel Allure Sport. I am getting a bottle of body Kouros this weekend. I am really interested in blind buying Aramis Havana but I do not know if it is "too soon" to but it. Meaning that it seems as if Havana is not an everyday scent; only worn on special occasions. Will I be able to put Havana in a regular rotation with only having two other colognes I wear or should I buy something more suitable for everyday wear?

Default Re: Looking to buy Aramis Havana...too soon?

I think if you are going to sell those fragrances anyway, you should buy what you like! I personally have not smelled Havana, but if you like a scent, then you can really wear it anytime, no matter the occasion. But I do think maybe trying a sample of it would be best if you aren't really sure if you will like it period or not! Good luck!

It's never too soon to buy Havana - get it now, two bottles if you can afford it.

Sur la Plage

It's a fantastic fragrance. But it is absolutely nothing like Chanel Allure Sport or Body Kouros.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Not sure if someone new to the fragrance scene would really appreciate Havana. It is very heavy and very spicy in my opinion. Nothing like eithe rof the scents you mentioned.

Haven't tried the new formulation. Vintage Havana is one of my Top 5 scents, and #1 at times. Something about it makes me really happy.

The new formulation (if it is a new formulation - hasn't been confirmed yet, but I guess it must be) is identical to the original.

Aramis Havana is a superb fragrance - very spicy with patchouli, woody notes, pepper, bay rum and tobacco. It's a great fragrance for evening wear and going out on the town but you may find it too heavy for daytime wear if you prefer lighter, fresher scents such as the Body Kouros and Chanel Allure Sport.

If you want to get an idea of what Aramis Havana is all about without breaking the bank see if you can get hold of Cuba Red by Cuba Paris. It comes in a cigar-shaped container (!) and is available on line (Ebay etc) for under $15 - I bought one online in UK for under 10!! It isn't identical by any means to the great Havana but is of a similar nature - spicy, woody, tobacco type - which some have described as "a poor man's Havana"!!

If you buy Havana and don't like it rest assured, you won't have any trouble selling it and recovering your cash!!

I think I will pick myself up a bottle of it. It is my birthday today after all!

Happy Birthday! Hope the Havana works out for you!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, mike1990! And welcome to BaseNotes.

I started using frags at 14-15, 30+ years ago, and started with the heavy hitters of those years (the "Old Man" frags of today - and, no, don't you even dare think or say it!!!! ;0) ). As long as YOU feel special wearing Havana, then it is not too early for you.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! I decided to splurge and I bought the scent. I hope I am not disappointed!
    Last edited by mike1990; 20th March 2010 at 01:00 AM.