Code of Conduct

Default If I liked Hears and Daggers can you recommend something similar?

Greetings all! I know the Ed Hardy line isn't well loved on this board (I've been lurking for a while) and while I agree with the thoughts on the first two, I must contest the reception the third has received.

On my skin, it's a very dynamic fragrance, started off with a rich pear and papaya scent, which switches to a mix of rosemary and basil, then dries down to a smooth suede. Also the longevity was good, I can still easily smell is about 12 hours later.

I'm in the mood for some good fruity masculines for the spring, the temperature is rising and my winter workhorses would probably be too cloying soon. I'd like a nice fruity masculine with woods or leather mixed in, what should I be looking at?

I'll take all ideas into consideration, as my collection went from 50 bottles about six months ago to six now, and I'm starting to rebuild after the massive purge. Thanks in advance for any help!

Default Re: If I liked Hears and Daggers can you recommend something similar?

Hate to bump my post but I am curious if anyone has encountered anything similar?

Default Re: If I liked Hears and Daggers can you recommend something similar?

I'm a huge fan of Love & Luck myself, but I also think Hearts and Daggers isn't a bad scent, seems like a very tart scent which I think is pretty cool. I don't really know of anything that's remotely like it, but if I had to pick out of what I've tried, I'd say it reminds me of a mix between Creed Erolfa and D&G Pour Homme.. It's somewhere in that slightly darker Fresh Fougere/Oriental genre. It kind of reminds me of smelling a freshly opened can of Rockstar Energy Drink, which I don't think is a bad thing..

Don't listen to the basenoters. Like what you like and go for it.

Oh yeah go try the new Christian Audigier, you might like it cause it's a little more mature than the Ed Hardly line.