Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these two fragrances would you most like to see advance? Select one from each group only.

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Group A) Yves Saint Laurent Kouros

44 41.90%
  • (Group A) Christian Dior Eau Sauvage

52 49.52%
  • (Group B) Aramis Havana

47 44.76%
  • (Group B) Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

50 47.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Blog Entries

Default BMM10: 3/19 Games 51 & 52 (Kouros vs. Eau Sauvage, Havana vs. Ambre Sultan)

Basenotes March Madness 2010

Games 51 & 52
    (Round 3)
    Poll ends March 20.

(1) Yves Saint Laurent Kouros vs. (5) Christian Dior Eau Sauvage
    (6) Aramis Havana vs. (2) Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

Most recent bracket:

(Click bracket for full size.)

Poll will close in 24 hours, vote which fragrance you'd like to see advance to Round 4. Vote for one fragrance from each group only, voting for both is statistically the same as not voting at all.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM10: 3/19 Games 51 & 52 (Kouros vs. Eau Sauvage, Havana vs. Ambre Sultan)

The Zeitgeist Sez...

Predictions:

(3) YSL Rive Gauche PH def. (7) Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    (1) Guerlain Vetiver def. (13) Yves Saint Laurent M7

Standings:
    Maximum Score Possible 73
    The Zeitgeist 51

gupts 62
    zliang 56
    an_oud_girl 55
    DocmanCC 53
    wicozani 53
    Asha 52
    flannelman 51
    Buddy97 51
    surreality 50
    TwoRoads 50
    the_good_life 50
    mrcologneguy 45
    kbe 44
    timaru 44
    Royal 44
    Bluesoul 43
    mudassir 43
    veuve amiot 43
    robpgmc 42
    telecaster 41
    rogalal 40
    Exquisitely Me 38
    Furriner 38
    JaimeB 36
    jacona 32
    Roryj 30
    The Zeitgeist has spoken.

Blog Entries

Default Re: BMM10: 3/19 Games 51 & 52 (Kouros vs. Eau Sauvage, Havana vs. Ambre Sultan)

Kouros is King! Go Kouros!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Blog Entries

Havana and Ambre Sultan are going to draw two very devoted fan clubs, indeed. Gonna come down to who has the bigger one, and I fear it's Ambre Sultan.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    Havana and Ambre Sultan are going to draw two very devoted fan clubs, indeed. Gonna come down to who has the bigger one, and I fear it's Ambre Sultan.
    I think I underestimated the following of Ambre Sultan when filling in my forecast bracket.

Personally, I think Ambre Sultan is just a 'meh' amber.

Ah come on, how has lame Ambre Sultan come so far and is beating Havana? Not only is it not the best amber, its not even the best Lutens. I suspect people are voting for the Lutens name here. Some one please explain to me how exactly is this a great, rich, authentic amber (and no, 'Turin says so' doesn't count).
    -

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Ah come on, how has lame Ambre Sultan come so far and is beating Havana? Not only is it not the best amber, its not even the best Lutens. I suspect people are voting for the Lutens name here. Some one please explain to me how exactly is this a great, rich, authentic amber (and no, 'Turin says so' doesn't count).
    With you 100 %.
    Within the genre it is beaten hollow by TF Amber Absolute / Montale Blue Amber and within the SL house Chergui, Iris Silver Mist and Gris Clair are far superior. Havana gets my vote along with Eau Sauvage.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 19th March 2010 at 07:59 AM.

MVGT: Havana/Kouros

I am going down
    high hopes for m7, eau sauvage and havana...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

If both Havana and Kouros lose I am thinking of plugging both nostrils for a week with black cotton rolls in protest.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Kouros trailing now? That can't be true!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I was hoping that Havana would get more support seeing how it's been re-released and more people have had the opportunity to try it, but i guess not...

bump!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Looks like we have another nail-biter, folks!

Given the choice of Havana or Ambre Sultan -- and i've tried both, though not vintage Havana -- I would choose the latter. It fits me better.

Havana!

Havana!

Havana!

Go! Go! Go!

Come on, Kouros, pull together and pull it out!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

damn it, it's gotten close again

*wipes sweat off brow* come on Kouros!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Default Kouros Fans Needed Re: BMM10: 3/19 Games 51 & 52 (Kouros vs. Eau Sauvage, Havana vs. Ambre Sultan)

Bump.

So where is the Kouros fan club ? Beaten by a citrus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Kouros trailing now? That can't be true!
    Kouros!
    Kouros!
    Kouros!
    Kouros!
    Kouros!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Hmm, I do love Eau Sauvage....

**SIGH**

Farewell old friend...

Blog Entries

Fair warning, the next game will be a bit delayed, I'm in Cleveland with Diana and we're getting her new computer set up, which also has the BMM info on it. It'll be up around when they're supposed to go up, Midnight Central if not sooner.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp