Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Arpege Pour Homme.

I an not certain what it means, but Arpege Pour Homme is getting difficult to find at bargain prices. Some of the on-line sources aren't listing it. I like this fragrance so, looks like time to hoard this one in uncertain times. Just thought I would advise the troops. Carry on.

Default Re: Arpege Pour Homme.

Aw, just when I was starting to truly love this scent!!!

Basenotes Plus

strangely, i just got a sample and really like it---will have to start hunting!

Or FUBU Plush for men. I'm still annoyed that I didn't buy a few of the 100 ml testers when they were selling for around $10 each !

Blog Entries

Bought my first bottle about 2 1/2 years ago at Marshall's for the unbelievable price of $19.99. I love this fragrance!

I love Arpege pour Homme, and I am really hopeful that it won't disappear. Anyone who likes/loves Arpege should find Cadillac for Men by Cadillac (2009) to be an acceptable substitute. I have done side by side, day long comparisons of these two, and I find them to be very similar. The differences I noticed are that while Arpege PH features a prominent Iris note, Cadillac has a dominant Tarragon note instead. Arpege has better longevity, but not by much. I own Cadillac EDT, but it also comes in an EDP for those concerned with longevity issues.

There really isn't a substitute for as lovely a fragrance as Arpege pour Homme, but I offer the Cadillac suggestion not to hijack the thread, but to offer some hope and an alternative for those of you (including me) who really love Arpege.

I just wished they designed the caps properly as the one on my bottle is so loose and doesn't lock on at all. A few others have complained about this too.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Blog Entries

JoNnY; Yes, you are correct. I too have a bottle the cap for which does not fit properly.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I just wished they designed the caps properly as the one on my bottle is so loose and doesn't lock on at all. A few others have complained about this too.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I agree this is a helluva scent. If you notice, the Arpege pH bottle has been my wardrobe icon ever since I joined BN. I never buy backups of anything and I'm not starting now. I doubt if I'll finish my 100ml tester anytime soon given the no. of scents on rotation in my wardrobe...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I never buy backups of anything and I'm not starting now.

Diamondflame, Gotta love a guy who sticks to his principles!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta1 View Post
    I love this fragrance!
    +1.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Diamondflame, Gotta love a guy who sticks to his principles!
    LOL. Thanks. I just don't feel hung up over a small thing of beauty when I know life itself is the greater beauty...

Such a lovely scent. Tried it on my skin today and was blown away.
    Beautiful bottle, beautiful juice!

AromiErotici

I'm truly in the minority on this scent. I bought this about 3 years ago for ( I think $4.99) at TJMAXX. I wore it once and gave it away.

I know from your posts that you guys really like this one, but I found it to be horrid.

I dislike it as well. It just a big cloying sweet note to my nose.

Indeed, somewhat excessively sweet

A competently made thing that turns into another big vanilla bomb.

Why is that men want to smell like vanilla so much these days? Good job for a sociologist.

It is still listed on their website and is now owned as part of the Interparfums portfolio and listed at their site also.

It does look like Interparfums is trying to tighten the pristage of their high end portfolio and prevent it from slipping into the gray marked. I do know that a lot of the Arpege Homme is from the L'Oreal era when they marked it with the caps that didn't fit right and the same with Van Cleef a lot in the gray market from the YSL Beaute era.
    Last edited by scentimus; 10th August 2011 at 09:38 AM.

Really affordable scent though, got it really cheap at the retail. I think for the price, the quality of this fragrance is excellent. It does run the risk of slipping away into the gray market and not having enough exposure or demand due to the lack of marketing and advertising of this fragrance. It holds itself very well though, to me, it just trumps many of the recent offerings of products with over-the-top advertising with good looking models to make up for the insipid and boring juice inside the bottle.