Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Friday 19 March

Good morning!

Back to Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte, this has almost been my signature scent lately...

Have a fabulous Friday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Friday 19 March

Happy Friday to all !

Chanel No.5 extrait today .
    It's full circle for me- this was my first scent ever and here I am again, in Chanel No.5. Never say never.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I do not want to be the thread killer this time! I will not be the last one to post on the Scent of the Day thread!!

I believe I will wear Tom Ford Voile de Fleur on Friday, even though it is still Thursday here. I purchased the VdF from one of our own Basenoters: cmax. I adore it! I look forward to who will comment on it in my class tomorrow. They like to critique my scents, usually positively, lol. I love the honesty and forthrightness of small children. I am so blessed to have a job that is so much fun! Even though I am paid next to nothing, lol. Good thing I have a sort-of sugar daddy boyfriend (wow! TMI, no?).

I am so chatty when I have had a glass of wine late at night, lol.
    Last edited by NeedCoffee; 19th March 2010 at 05:17 AM.

Good morning everyone Today I'm in one of my favourites,Feminite du bois.( not the SL bottle)

Lys Méditerranée - Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle
    Wishlist is pointless.

Happy Friday, everyone!
    I'm wearing Rosine's Poussiere de Rose. Love this fragrance, I've just ordered a FB.

My sense of smell is gone for a bit as I fight off a cold, but I wore Hong Kong Garden Thursday afternoon anyway, and may wear it again today. Take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens again, I'm a little bit in love with it...
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 19 March

Jean - François Laporte's

ROUTE DU VÉTIVER ( Original Formula )

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

A great weekend for eveyone
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I am planning on a day sorting out the garden and this scent seemed suitably uplifting and floral.
    On my skin it is a hyacinth fest! Lawns, pruning, planting, raking, sweeping - here I come!!

YR So Elixir...

So Elixir is composed by three famous noses: Olivier Cresp, Marie Salamagne and Jacques Cavallier. This composition is concentrated on the notes of white flowers laid upon a woody base. It includes aromas of bergamot, Damask rose, jasmine, incense extract, patchouli essence and Tonka bean.

I read somewhere in the perfume blogosphere that Gucci Pour Homme marries well with peach. Numerous layerings with Mitsouko revealed this to be true. But we're having a cold snap and for winter's last hurrah, today I'm layering the liquid wood of Gucci PH with Chanel's peach-rose-amber Coco edp. It's a butched up and heavily incensed Coco experience and I recommend the combo.

Gucci Pour Homme=
    Top Notes: White Pepper, Ginger, Pink Bay.
    Middle Notes: Papyrus Wood, Orris Rhizome.
    Base Notes: Amber, Leather, Vetiver, Olibanum.

Chanel Coco=
    Top Notes: Aldehydes, Angelica, Mimosa, Frangipani, Mandarin .
    Middle Notes: Peach, Cascarilla, Orange Blossom, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine .
    Base Notes: Labdanum, Ambrette Seed, Opopanax, Benzoin, Tonka, Vanilla.

Happy Friday!
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Eva Pasco

Happy St. Joseph's Day (Eating zeppole or St. Joseph Day cakes on March 19 is a Catholic-Italian tradition that falls during the fasting season of Lent which precedes Easter).

Sticking with Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia.

Enjoy the zeppole...

Will do D.S. & Durga Orris, first time. Hope it is botanical, not musk-laden.

A La Nuit, Serge Lutens

Ooh, zeppole look great, Eva!

Finishing the week in Comptoir Sud Pacifique Thé EDP. A warm tea chest in a warehouse.
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 19th March 2010 at 09:48 AM.

The warm weather has had me craving a bit of vetiver and there is one I've been waiting for the warm weather to give another full wear to.

Profumum Acquae Nobilis

In the late 70’s I attended a benefit for the New York City Ballet where Mikhail Baryshnikov danced three different pas de deux. Besides Baryshnikov the other dancers are lost to the fog of my memory. The one thing that isn’t lost to me was the way Baryshnikov was able to subtly alter his power or style so as to enhance each of the different dancers he was dancing with. There is a special quality when a single constant can bring out the best in what is performing with it.

The 2009 release from Profumum, Acquae Nobilis, brought this to mind because this fragrance does much the same with vetiver playing the part of Baryshnikov, and geranium, absinth, and musk the olfactory dance partners. One of the things I admire about Profumum as a house is they keep their compositions simple but by choosing the right dance partners they enhance and expand the central note. Acquae Nobilis does just this for vetiver.

The first partner for the vetiver is geranium. Geranium usually has what I describe as a green rose aspect to it. In Acquae Nobilis the green quality is accentuated, to start, and in turn that takes the greener quality of vetiver and brings that to the foreground. As this develops the rose quality comes out a bit more and that adds contrast to the opening stages. The second partner to stroll on stage is an absinth accord. The best absinth accords combine the rough alcoholic feel of the “green fairy” with the anise flavor and a dollop of sweet, in Acquae Nobilis this is one of those absinth accords. The alcoholic aspect is like a palate cleanser getting your attention that things are changing on your skin and then the anise arises out of that with a rich quality that the bit of sweetness amplifies. This makes the vetiver resemble the edgy herbal vetiver that exists in many fragrances. The choice to pair it with a strong absinth accord allows for that herbal nature to come forward. There is a moment where it almost reminds me a bit of a Ricola cough drop, which I like. The last partner is the most sultry as a full musk comes out and turns Acquae Nobilis smoky. The smokiness of the musk brings out the dried grass facet of vetiver and warms Acquae Nobilis as it brings it to a close.

Acquae Nobilis has excellent longevity and modest sillage.

I really appreciate the distinct phases Acquae Nobilis goes through, each one has its own character and style and made me felt I was clearly experiencing a well composed fragrance. At the end I am as impressed that vetiver is able to command my nose as effectively as Baryshnikov commanded my respect.

Have a Florid Friday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Comme des Garcons + Artek - Standard.

Notes include Finnish Labrador Tea, Twinflower (Linnea Borealis), fennel, ginger, lemon, musk, saffron and cedarwood.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Started the day in Burberry Weekend.

I later tested Miss Dior and Deseo by Jennifer Lopez on the skin. I surprisingly loved Miss Dior.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Havana this AM in solidarity with a fragrance that should win it's current March Madness match today but is losing as I post!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I am SO sorry I already spritzed this ayem...those tea frags (You know who you are, Petra and Joe!!) and your pix and descriptions got me craving. And then I realized I don't have any except a few drops of T42.

Hmmmn.

Oh well.

Was feelin' girly-girl and enveloped self in clouds of....

Maybe it will wear off (it doesn't) and then I can go shopping....heh heh heh
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm trying ELDO's Charogne today, thanks to latelittlesleeper.

(I won't bother trying to post an image of carrion, LOL!)

Happy Friday!! I'm going to continue with the peppery, orangy, creamy amberness of Roma again today.

Scent twins w/ EmmaGrace today ~ wearing Lutens' A La Nuit!

Mandragore

Have a fantastic Friday, all.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Hope you get your sense of smell back soon, Leesee! Life seems so flat when one can't smell anything-- partly because you generally can't taste anything either.

Sunny day here and I'm going to take Mom shopping for veggies & fruits. I'm walking her more to build up her strength.

Hello everybody!

I'm in a 5-Star favorite from the early 80s, K de Krizia - another mossy and complex floral chypre-y fragrance that I think is absolutely perfect....in the vintage form, at least (is anyone familiar with the current version?) It was created in 1981 by Maurice Roucel.

Top notes - Aldehydes, Peach, Neroli, Bergamot, Hyacinth
    Middle notes - Narcissus, Rose, Tuberose, Iris, Orange Blossom
    Base notes - Oakmoss, Vetiver, Civet, Styrax, Vanilla

Happy Friday everyone - y'all have a great day!

Eau Sauvage

First of all, thank you very much for the birthday wishes on Tuesday. This is the first time I've had chance to drop by. (It's OK, I've been out having fun!) They are very much appreciated. Mwa to all of you!

I have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous this week. The day before my birthday, Big took me and Small to Zurich for the day and I got to spend a happy hour alone in Oswald's Parfumerie on Bahnhofstrasse. i don't know the german word for Bliss, but this place is IT! I had chance to smell all the Nez a Nez, Byredo, Parfums delRae, Parfum d'Empire and anything else my greedy little nose desired. Heavenly! I came out with the inevitable 4 sprayings on my arms and fell utterly in love with one: Guerlain's Bois d'Armenie from the Arts et Materieres collection. Typical - it had to be the really expensive stuff! But my willpower was strong and anyway, my wallet is weak.

On my birthday I wore Cuir d'Ottoman and it was fabulous. I reckon this is now firmly on my 'get a bottle one day' list. Obviously I'll be scanning our own marketplace first, since I know my fellow 'noters are scrupulous fellows. But I'll admit to having logged a search with Evil Bay.

Today, however, I am in Lolita Lempicka. And not quite liking it. Hmm. No idea why, maybe I just got my expectations wrong, but it's not my best ever pick of the day. Hey, it's not dreadful though, so I'm not complaining.

And Eva Pasco has made my stomach rumble! Those Zeppole look gorgeous. I had to Wiki them - here's what the 'pedia said:
    "Commonly light, deep-fried dough balls about 2 inches (5.1 cm) in diameter, these doughnuts or fritters are usually topped with powdered sugar and may be filled with custard, jelly, cannoli-style pastry cream or a butter-and-honey mixture."
    Bring your ear close to your screen. Can you hear me drooling? Mmm-hmm. That's not your hard drive, that's me.

Have a grand day all of you, and I hope you get to settle down with a cup of tea and a zeppole (or similar), especially you and your dear Mom, 30Roses. Big love.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Jicky extrait. I know Jicky is all about the EdP, but this concentration has an almost innocent air -it's so delicate and light.

Wearing Chanel No 19 for the 19th.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    ...this scent seemed suitably uplifting and floral.
    On my skin it is a hyacinth fest! ...
    A hyacinth fest?! Sounds fantastic!!! That A Scent sounds right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Pasco View Post
    ...Enjoy the zeppole...
    Yum! Thanks Eva! These look SO good and SO not on my diet!

A first wearing from a new bottle, it's Caron Pour Un Homme pour moi today! I'm loving it!!!
    Last edited by Haunani; 19th March 2010 at 02:19 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Philtre d'Amour by Guerlain

The weather is fantastic outside. This scent practically sings on my skin! Have a great day everyone.

Basenotes Plus

Wearing a TJMAXX special, Elizabeth Taylor's, Passion edt. Never tried it before....notes are: Top - Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, and Lily of the Valley
    Heart - Spice and Musk (her own web site says "rose" here & I do smell it)
    Dry Down - Indian Sandalwood, Cedarwood, and Incense
    Even in the edt version, it really strong....a bit "plastic.ey" smelling. I'll wait for the dry down.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Leesee, 30 Roses- please take good care !
    Taolady- the package goes out TODAY- right after my shower, LOL !
    SMM- what a lovely review ! You're on fire ;-)
    Eva- zeppole look divine, AND verboten;-)

Good morning, my angels !
    Don't you smell FINE !
    I just finished my article for Roxana Villa's Equinox project, which will be visible tomorrow, on :

http://bittergracenotes.blogspot.com/

The sample didn't arrive until yesterday..
    So I'm grateful that The Muse 'bit me in the hinder' after little sleep, LOL ;-)

Today, I wear a one-of-a-kind, from Ayala :
    Jasmine Pho.
    Lordy, lordy.
    My 'early birthday gift' from B...

If sampaquita floating in a pool of basil, cilantro -scented cloud is your idea of heaven-
    Anchored with vetiver and gorgeous sandalwood-
    Then I suspect you'll share my joyous reverie.
    I can only imagine how intoxicating this will be in summer swelter !

May the day be sweet !

Basenotes Plus

Eva, great photo! As Americans of Italian extraction, my family and I love the tradition of enjoying zeppole on St Joseph's Day.

I had a hard time deciding what to wear today and finally chose Shalimar parfum. Bliss.

Have a lovely Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Chanel no. 19

The distinctive smoky galbanum brings sophisticated elegance.
    Last edited by kumquat; 19th March 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Happy Friday!

Parfumerie Generale L'Oiseau de Nuit today.

Prada Infusion d'Iris

Coromandel - and I have it on good word that it has rather awesome sillage (maybe too much for the workplace?)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

I was tempted to jump on the RHM bandwagon and go with an ET scent, but decided to wear Pure Turquoise again instead. Pretty flowery and green, nice for work.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Boucheron Trouble today. More basketball, but my Jayhawks are not playing today, so the stress is off. (silly, I know to get stressed by a game!)

Zeppole looks yummy!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Started the day off in a sample of Tabac Aurea - Sonoma Scent Studio

Nautica Voyage, for a spectacular 70 degree day in NYC.

Mouchoir de Monsieur today for this blustery but quite spring like day.

Hi!

I think it´s so great that so many are posting pics on this thread now! And what beautiful ones, too!!

Today TWO of you are wearing frags I have ordered, and am waiting to receive any day, now:
    Eva Pasco in Gardenia, and Baldufita in So Elixir...(-do you like it, Baldufita?)

@ Eva - seing those cakes almost made me lick the picture....Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!

@ kewart - hyacinths, I just love the smell. Thanks (or not, really) for having created yet another lemming...

I´m an Angel today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

1872 by Clive Christian
    Gary

Chanel No. 5

SotE:Habanita de Molinard ce soir.

Enjoy the incomparable Celia Cruz.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Talking Re: SotD Friday 19 March

Well, we never did get to the fruits and veggies-- but we bought some fantastic deck chairs and a table for Mom's balcony, and we finally got her cable hooked up.

While we were at the apartment, with a maintenance man working on the cable hookup problem, she had a visit from one of the 3 chaplains and his wife (who also live there). We hobnobbed and compared notes (they spent 40 years as missionaries in Japan; I spent over 8 years as a medical missionary in rural Africa before I met my husband.) They're going to keep an eye on Mom in April when hubby, daughter and I go back to FL to retrieve Mom's things.

I can hardly believe how much more positive Mom is about living there. No more resigned "what choice do I have?" comments. Now she's trying to talk her best friend into moving to CT and joining her -- honestly, they should put Mom on the marketing team because she was selling it! She has observed that the residents are very friendly, and this has made a huge difference.

SotD: CdG Kyoto
    SotE: Guerlain Vetiver

Would that not be fantastic, 30 Roses, if your mom were able to convince her best friend to move to CT? I hope she succeeds!

Still can't smell anything, but I am enjoying being able to virtually sniff everyone's wonderful fragrances today.

Chaya, congrats on getting such a scrumptious gift of scent. I have always been curious about Ayala's scents and now your post has made me curiouser and curiouser. Enjoy!

Take care, all.

It's great about your Mom feeling better about the move, 30 Roses!

...my Scent of the Afternoon is the now-de-rigeur Sycomore

And the SoTE is Mitsuoko (vintage EDT decant)

And for the later evening, Guerlain Vetiver... AHH
    Last edited by actiasluna; 20th March 2010 at 12:34 AM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Parfum d'Odette for me today.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Pasco View Post
    Happy St. Joseph's Day (Eating zeppole or St. Joseph Day cakes on March 19 is a Catholic-Italian tradition that falls during the fasting season of Lent which precedes Easter).
    Thank you!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 20th March 2010 at 12:07 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

LOL at Joe!

KM Mogador for me this night.

Ms.M, you ARE an angel.

Ms.W, the word you are looking for is "Gluckseligkeit" (Die, like everything else ending with "-keit") with two dots over "u". I also am of an opinion that in your part of the world one can't go wrong with the traditional "bonheur" (Fr.).
    Last edited by Twolf; 20th March 2010 at 12:42 AM.

Basenotes Plus

SOTE is DSH Parfums, American Beauty. Stunning rose vetiver, my favorite of this type of rose scent.

My big surgery to remove the pet rock is on the 29th. "Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy", for thems who are interested.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Awesome, RHM! (hope they get the li'l stinker.)... that can NOT be comfortable.

Ahhh. rose and vetiver. nice.

Basenotes Plus

Everyone smells fabulous again!

SOTD: Marc Jacobs Fig
    SOTE: Bvlgari The Rouge