Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Tumulte Pour Homme.

Here is another fragrance that appears to be on the extinction list. If you like cedar this one has cedar in the top notes, cedar in the mid notes and cedar in the base notes. It really is a wonderful fragrance but, Christian Lacroix has fallen on hard times and only sells licensing now. Availability is getting very slim so, it is on my list of fragrances to hoard while I can.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 19th March 2010 at 06:27 AM.

Default Re: Tumulte Pour Homme.

I like Tumulte -- I'm wearing it now -- but It's one of those fragrances that makes me wonder if my nose doesn't work right. This thread's initial post says Tulmulte delivers "cedar, cedar, cedar," an opinion that runs rampant through the BN reviews, so it can't be discounted. However, I know the scent of cedar from standing trees and lumber, and I get none of that from Tumulte. It's nowhere near the cedar featured in Tommy Bahama, Gucci pour homme or Oscar for Men.

A couple of reviews soak Tumulte's cedar in citrus or pickle brine, but I agree with foetidus, who describes this as a linear incense scent. That's all I get, too.

I bring this up only as a caution to those who might buy the disappearing Tumulte based on the cedar references, as I did. It's lovely, but it's not cedar to everyone.

Tumulte is a great cedar scent IMO.

A fantastic Cedar Scent for sure.....I found mine at TJ Maxx.....I've used this up and I'm not sure if I'll replace this if I find a bottle.....Gary

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    I like Tumulte -- I'm wearing it now -- but It's one of those fragrances that makes me wonder if my nose doesn't work right. This thread's initial post says Tulmulte delivers "cedar, cedar, cedar," an opinion that runs rampant through the BN reviews, so it can't be discounted. However, I know the scent of cedar from standing trees and lumber, and I get none of that from Tumulte. It's nowhere near the cedar featured in Tommy Bahama, Gucci pour homme or Oscar for Men.

A couple of reviews soak Tumulte's cedar in citrus or pickle brine, but I agree with foetidus, who describes this as a linear incense scent. That's all I get, too.

I bring this up only as a caution to those who might buy the disappearing Tumulte based on the cedar references, as I did. It's lovely, but it's not cedar to everyone.
    Same here; I got a lot of incense but also the prickly iso E Super-boosted cedar. Not my thing.

I have Comme des Garcons Kyoto and have shied away from purchasing this one because I hear they're incredibly similar. It surely sounds something that I'd enjoy, also with an amazing bottle that I'd very much like to have in my collection.
    I refuse to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I have Comme des Garcons Kyoto and have shied away from purchasing this one because I hear they're incredibly similar. It surely sounds something that I'd enjoy, also with an amazing bottle that I'd very much like to have in my collection.
    Anytime you want to swap straight up for that Kyoto....give me a PM

In my opinion, Tumulte is a bland, faceless, wet cedar. It leaves me sniffing some subtle hint of what I want, but never seems to get where it seems to be going...gets lost halfway into the journey.
    Not like Kyoto...that sh!t slaps me right into some dank smoky cedary incense that left no room for development. Top to mid to Base before it even dries down.
    Damn I love that incense series.

Tumulte is pretty good, but I don't care for the "mentholated" note or accord that is in it. Good longevity.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I can't tell the difference between this and Kyoto in a truly blind test, however its far too rich to wear during summer
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Kyoto has the coffee note that Tumulte PH lacks - because of this and the additions of cypress, vetiver and patchouli - Kyoto is far more complex and engaging, despite the iso e super and cedar overdosing.
    “I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

Also, I find Celine Fever for men to be richer and more complex than Tumulte PH, with a bit less of that searing cedar quality.