Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Jaipur by Boucheron.

I hate to be a pessimist, but Jaipur is yet another fragrance that may (rumor) be disappearing from the market that I dearly enjoy. I read that Jaipur Saphir is discontinued. I bought two edp's and three edt's with hopes that it will last me. In my opinion it is prudent to back up your favorite fragrances as a general rule.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 19th March 2010 at 01:39 PM.

Default Re: Jaipur by Boucheron.

Huh ? Why should it disappear ? It is such a great fragrance.
    Do you know for sure ?
    I dont think this will disappear. Good fragrances don't do that. I mean, Old Spice is from the 30's and it is still out there.
    I don't believe this. Anyway, I do have a bottle of Edt.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    I hate to be a pessimist, but Jaipur is yet another fragrance that may be disappearing from the market that I dearly enjoy. I bought two edp's and three edt's with hopes that it will last me. My suggestion is get it while you can.
    Tesla, I remember you posting a thread on this very issue about 6 months ago. After reading that thread, I went out and ordered a 100 ml. bottle of the EDP and EDT. Hope it lasts!

I was in Macy's yesterday, and they had it...

Yes, it's still around.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

I have one up for sale (already reserved by a BNer). I would buy a backup if I can't do without it. I won't stock up just because it may be discontinued...
    Currently wearing: Cuoio by Odori

Noooooo ... not this baby too!
    I hope you're wrong, Tesla,
    by God I do..!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Noooooo ... not this baby too!
    I hope you're wrong, Tesla,
    by God I do..!
    N_Tesla mentioned it is but a rumour, so lets not have any air-paddling hissies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    N_Tesla mentioned it is but a rumour, so lets not have any air-paddling hissies.
    You don't own me,
    I see no ring on my finger!

You don't want me!

Blog Entries

Oh, this is one of my absolute favorites and musts to have. I buy only the edp. However, I wonder if the edp is what may be discontinued, ala Escada Homme and a few others that were once available in the edp, but now only available in the edt. I sure hope not 'cause it is heavenly (as was Escada Homme eau de parfum).

I hope this is not true.....this is a fantastic scent.....I would hate to see this go!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I was in Macy's yesterday, and they had it...
    So does my Nordstrom.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Hopefully it doesn't go, I think it's a very good fragrance. I actually prefer the EDT to the EDP, I prefer the cooler powdery nature of the EDT vs. the warm vanilla of the EDP.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Must. . . go. . . buy. . . now. . .

I guess I should give this dastardly scent another go....I seem to be the only one who has not caught this Jaipuritis. This stuff always came across cloyingly sweet on me. I hated it from the first post-blind-buy squirt.
    Must. . .go. . . squirt. . .now. . .

Jaipur, a scent that I have owned multiple bottles of. I enjoy the EDT even more than the EDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I have one up for sale (already reserved by a BNer). I would buy a backup if I can't do without it. I won't stock up just because it may be discontinued...
    I think the OP is referring to Jaipur Homme instead of the one marketed for women.

I believe that Jaipur Homme sells better then the original Boucheron Homme in sales. I do know that the women's version no longer makes the profit and is slowly being phased out.

I would see it has just a rumor that Pour Homme version is leaving the shelfs.

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    I guess I should give this dastardly scent another go....I seem to be the only one who has not caught this Jaipuritis. This stuff always came across cloyingly sweet on me. I hated it from the first post-blind-buy squirt.
    Must. . .go. . . squirt. . .now. . .
    I don't blame you . I absolutely hated it for a long time. When I first tried it, I thought of it as the proverbial "old lady's perfume".

I've learned to love it. It is one of my favorite fragrances. I have enough in my bottles to last me for years, but it would be a sad day if they discontinued this masterpiece.

Another one for JH lovers to try is Avon's Starring for men. I prefer it to JH, actually, and unlike some other Avon's I've tried, it has no "synthetic" quality for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Another one for JH lovers to try is Avon's Starring for men. I prefer it to JH, actually, and unlike some other Avon's I've tried, it has no "synthetic" quality for me.
    Does this Avon have decent longevity ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I found a good supply of JH, including EdP, in a local department store this morning. The sales associated reluctantly let me have a mini-sample of the EdP. Wearing it now. Very good stuff. Likely to purchase a bottle. Try some, buy some. . .

Yes, Starring is solid all the way around (sillage/longevity/naturalness/balance, etc.). It's a bit muskier than JH, but doesn't have the heliotrope overload that I find irritating in JH. If you like the heliotrope, but think it's a bit much, Diesel's Zero Plus au Masculin has a better balanced drydown, IMO. It is a bit rough with the cinnamon in the first hour or so, though.

Blog Entries

It appears that Boucheron fragrance was purchased by the Gucci group along with Balenciaga if my information is correct.

Boucheron was purchased by L'Oreal about two years ago along with YSL Beautie.

Gucci Parfums was purchased by Proctor & Gamble Beauty Prestige Division.

Jaipur is my scent of the day today (I put it on over 16 hours ago and it's still going strong), and I wanted to bump this thread to see if any of you have heard any solid news yet about whether or not Jaipur is in fact going to be discontinued.

I kind of think that one has a fairly strong following. Not sure why they would discontinue it. The original Boucheron Pour Homme seems more at risk for that. But I have no access to sales figures (which I would dearly love to see). Jaipur seems like a staple of department store cologne counters as far as I can tell.

Jaipur is one of the few frags I know of that they sell with a rechargeable bottle option. One wouldn't think you would make that available unless it sold pretty well.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 22nd May 2010 at 08:02 PM.

I'm still coming to terms with Jaipur. It's not an 'easy' fragrance, yet I'm aware of something special going on with it. Luckily I have a nearly full bottle of the EdP.