Code of Conduct

Default Just ordered Eternity Men by Calvin Klein. What should I expect ?

Somebody told me "You don't have Calvin Klein ? Hahaha !" "You must have this one !"
    It was really cheap, so I ordered a 100ml bottle of Eternity.
    I never ever smelled it in my life. I have no idea about how it smells.
    So, did I make a good decision when I ordered Eternity ? How good does this smell ?
    I am concerned about the longevity. How much will this last ?
    Is this one OK for school ?
    And finally, I want you to make a rating for this one from 1 to 10, if you can.

Thank you ! I love you all !

-Jimi Hendrix-

Default Re: Just ordered Eternity Men by Calvin Klein. What should I expect ?

You should find a seller who will ship you Abercrombie Fierce. It is too popular in the US, but it is unheard of in Eastern Europe. You'd be one of probably two people in Romania who owns it. Girls adore Fierce. It smells like citrusy spice cookies that just came out of the oven. You only need to get the smallest bottle size, it is very long lasting and you only need 1-2 sprays.

Eternity for Men is OK. Don't spray too much on. 1 Spray is enough.
    Last edited by adonis; 19th March 2010 at 07:08 AM.

nothing extraordinary.

A synthetic bomb OMG, I can't believe I said that. Used to love it so much but it becomes irritating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    nothing extraordinary.
    Really ? It says that Calvin Klein became famous because of this fragrance and that all the students used to wear this in the 1990's.

It's underrated. Fresh and green but in a subdued way, with a damp mossiness to ground it. Makes me think of rainy days in late spring. It's not hugely complex, but it's more interesting than a lot of its imitators. Overapply and it becomes simplistic and cloying. Good lasting power and moderate sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Hendrix
    It says that Calvin Klein became famous because of this fragrance and that all the students used to wear this in the 1990's.
    He was famous long before Eternity, but it did kick off a huge trend for fresh, slightly aquatic fragrances within a fougére structure. And yes, it was big in the '90s, but among a slightly older set (as I recall) toward the end of the decade. High school students wore it until CK One came along, and they didn't look back.

like many mentioned it already, it's a dynamic, fresh and "green" scent. the only thing tht bothers me is it's metallic vibe

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    It's underrated. Fresh and green but in a subdued way, with a damp mossiness to ground it. Makes me think of rainy days in late spring. It's not hugely complex, but it's more interesting than a lot of its imitators. Overapply and it becomes simplistic and cloying. Good lasting power and moderate sillage.

He was famous long before Eternity, but it did kick off a huge trend for fresh, slightly aquatic fragrances within a fougére structure. And yes, it was big in the '90s, but among a slightly older set (as I recall) toward the end of the decade. High school students wore it until CK One came along, and they didn't look back.
    Understood. The reason why I posted this thread is that there must be 3 or 4 days till it comes, because they don't work sunday. I just can't wait. I wanted to know if I have a reason for that. Thank you
    Now, I must go to school. I really hope this would be a great scent.
    I only buy a new scent once a month, but next month I will buy something really special.
    Aaaah ! Need to wear Kouros ! Again !
    I love you all !

Jimi Hendrix

I've never sampled Eternity for Men, but I did have one experience with it. I was in Washington (DC, USA) Dulles Airport a few months back and I smelled a very nice sillage floating around in the gate area where I was sitting. I walked past the fellow who was projecting the fragrance, which I thought was very pleasant (definitely above average). The majority of fragrances I smell in public don't seem to grab me, but I found this one pleasant enough to approach the fellow and ask him what he was wearing.....and he answered, "Eternity, by Calvin Klein." If it means anything to you, I would not have approached him and asked what he was wearing unless I considered it to be above average. Take a look at my wardrobe if you want to see what I consider pleasant [3 stars] to fantastic [5 stars] (anything below average eventually gets abandoned [2 stars and below]). In closing; YES, you can wear this to school and anywhere else from what I smelled. Good choice. I think it's a winner!

IMO You are all being far too harsh , its the best male fragrance from CK - again JMHO ....

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

'What should I expect?' - lots of female compliments!
    Waaaay better than the godawfull Antaeus..!

I agree it is one of CK's better offerings. Just be sparring in its application as its sillage is quite potent. Personally I can't stand it...gives me a headache everytime. But I've heard the girls like it.

You should wear this, especially if you're in school. This cologne isn't as popular as it used to be, so the girls won't know what hit them. They will definitely smell it and compliment it.

CK makes some bad cologne. I tried to like it, but can't.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    CK makes some bad cologne. I tried to like it, but can't.
    Well, not as bad as Boss ... I adore Obsession for Men and for Women,
    and Eternity for men, but that's about it. I only like Deep Red from Boss!
    A matter of taste!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Well, not as bad as Boss ... I adore Obsession for Men and for Women,
    and Eternity for men, but that's about it. I only like Deep Red from Boss!
    A matter of taste!
    Well, I'm still recovering from my Escape experience. That stuff is chemical warfare.

One of the best offerings from CK. I prefer Nightflight for a similar 'fresh' fragrance, but Eternity is nice as well.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I agree with Le Grand, in fact.. the only fragrances from CK that I like are Obsession, Eternity, CK Be, and even CK One; basically anything after 1996 was just average while many were garbage and a reflection of each other. Eternity is a sweet/green extremely versatile fragrance.

A few of the CK One limited edition summer flankers were ok too.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 9th May 2010 at 06:22 AM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Waaaay better than the godawfull Antaeus..!
    You asnomic misguided Duc! Wash your mouth out immediately with Eternity Men soap!

In my high school in the USA, this, CK One and Tommy were the most popular. However, I, presently,would not wear them.

mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Hendrix View Post
    Really ? It says that Calvin Klein became famous because of this fragrance and that all the students used to wear this in the 1990's.
    That's part of the problem many of us have with it....EVERYBODY was wearing it. I remember I had it and I remember my the wife's cousin saying if she smelled it on one more guy she was going to puke. Calvin Klein scents were sort of the AdG and Code of the 90s.

It's not a bad scent and if you got it cheap you'll get some use out of it.

The first one of the "green equals bergamot in the top notes & musk and / or woods in the drydown" template that became awfully popular in the 1990's. You have a lot of analogous scents with minor notes playing diifferent accords. Among them, Chanel Egöiste Platinum, Ô de Lacôme pour Homme and Paco Rabanne's XS, Polo Ralph Lauren's Safari and so many others.

It took me years to appreciate them, but when they were released I found them plain ugly. Nowadays you can find high quality & inexpensive versions of all of these kinds of scents.

I like Eternity. LIKE, not love. It's a scent that I find hard to dislike. Perfect for summer. I think you'll be happy with your purchase, unless of course you paid full retail..