Code of Conduct

Default A Scent Revelation!

Hey Guys!

So yesterday I was creepin' around basenotes as usual and looking at some note pyramids for some fragrances I own. It always amuses me how they list so many notes, and I generally cannot pick out a single one. I do suffer from some nose issues, I have chronic congestion and may even have a deviated septum, so some days smelling is better than others, but I can still generally get a pretty good whiff of what I am wearing.

Anyway, I was looking at Bijan Wicked, one of the cheaper fragrances I have and I hadn't worn it for a while so I thought why not. I sprayed a good 5 sprays on me and went on my way to school. I always read that this fragrance had Pineapple in it, but I really never got it. All I ever get was a soapy fresh smell (Thanks nose!) But yesterday, I smelled myself and there it was, a giant, ripe, juicy pineapple dripping everywhere. I also got this amazing green note of grass or leaves or something. I was completely amazed! After all this time with my fragrances I am now starting to be able to pick apart some notes!! Things don't just blend together in my nose like they used to, I can actually smell a little progression now! I am very excited to learn more and be able to smell more when it comes to fragrances. I only have basenotes to thank! =D

Default Re: A Scent Revelation!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinok View Post
    I only have basenotes to thank! =D
    And your nose!

Default Re: A Scent Revelation!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinok View Post
    I can actually smell a little progression now! I am very excited to learn more and be able to smell more when it comes to fragrances.
    Congratulations! Keep it up, it gets easier the more you work it!