Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Scents You Have to Absolutely Bath In

Hi mysticknot... sad to say I already butted in. (but I do that don't I?) LOL
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Hi mysticknot... sad to say I already butted in. (but I do that don't I?) LOL
    Hello fellow female !
    Sorry guys !

Another I would LOVE to bathe in but can't because of sheer expense is Chanel No.5 extrait - longevity on me is poor - about 2-3 hours. It gets very soft within 30 minutes or so. Why or why ???

Gucci By Gucci ( for women ) - spray spray away - lovely for half an hour,then, zippo but musk .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 19th March 2010 at 11:41 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I get the same dismal longevity with the vintage Shalimar EDC.
    Same goes for me. AFAIK, traditional EDCs are meant to be splashed on... And none of them last. That's why they usually come in larger bottles..

Gendarme

- That's why I now buy the 10oz aluminum recharger and spray away. A much better atomizer on it than their glass bottles, btw.
    Last edited by adonis; 20th March 2010 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    I seem to have that effect on many scents. Question: Is your skin dry? It seems that when I MOISTURIZE the heck out of my skin, the scent lasts (a little) longer. (of course with a non-scented moisturizer.) ... that could be burning off the scent very quickly. I've also taken to, after the moisturizer application, rubbing in some coconut oil for good measure (sometimes the EVCO, if the scent goes nicely with a very slight coconut smell) on the areas where I'm going to spray scent.
    My skin is dry, but not excessively so. I'm not ashy and I moisturize after taking a shower. I'll have to try the oil thing to see if that works. I don't have coconut oil, but I have a very viscous mineral oil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeoulMan View Post
    My skin is dry, but not excessively so. I'm not ashy and I moisturize after taking a shower. I'll have to try the oil thing to see if that works. I don't have coconut oil, but I have a very viscous mineral oil.
    any unscented oil should help! (nice that we "drink up" scents, eh?)

And I "swear by" extra virgin coconut oil. Use it in whatever I can, it moistens my skin, whitens my teeth... and makes scent sillage/longevity better. It is, contrary to some studies that based their studies on hydrogenated oils, not a bad fat.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 20th March 2010 at 02:31 AM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Blog Entries

I remembered when I first started, my skin could tame Le Malé into a skin scent even at 5-6 sprays (with incredibly longevity at least). My skin's a sillage killer. However, back then I was using either Axe or Old Spice body wash (it was a transitional period, cut me some slack! :P), I started to take into account that my skin is possibly dry. So I read Divatologist's long explanation on how to get a scent to last longer, tried her method, then slowly just made my own regime. I switched out body washes for a scent-free Dove product and used Neutrogena body oil (again, fragrance free) after showers. I just made sure to scrub real good too. After a while, I just came into terms with how my skin is and kept it light on the trigger finger regardless (no more than 4 sprays). I just sorta gave up on the quest for good sillage. It just ain't happening. However, it did end up having a mind of it's own because my own olfactory fatigue kicks in and some people will smell it even when I can't. LOL

So in the end, my regime switch did help with how my fragrances reacted in terms of sillage and longevity (possibly my perception of smell improved too?). To answer the OP's question. I feel that Mugler Cologne can be bathed in and I think the original AdP Colonia would require me to apply that much. I put on 3-4 sprays and that sucker's goooonnneeee after a couple hours. I have overdosed on a number of fragrances before and like I said, I still keep it light on the trigger finger just to err on the side of caution. Anyone wore Burberry Bitchslap before? I have! It was a Touch flanker I made by accident from over application. LOL.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 20th March 2010 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    .... Anyone wore Burberry Bitchslap before? I have! It was a Touch flanker I made by accident from over application. LOL.
    Yup, I have worn that before. My first year of university....it was awful ! I put too much, so I suppose that was my fault
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I usually jump in a vat of Kenneth Cole Reaction before going out. The smell is so light and really has no longevity or sillage. It's really disappointing. That is what I get for pretty much blind buying!

GPHII and MI are quite weak even on my skin

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    12 Sprays of Paul Smith London? My god. That is a one or at max two spray scent. Potent stuff.

Me? None. Absolutely not a single scent do I need to bathe in. At most bathing in a scent will lead to it being extremely overpowering and off-putting for the first hour, and also just induces olfactory fatigue more quickly.
    Myself have not found a scent too weak on me that I'd need to bathe in it. Burberry London for instance lasts almost 24 hrs on me and with a good sillage. My skin chem is great and, yes, I'm one lucky bastard.

There is no scent I need to spray more than 4 times...absolutely no scent.