Code of Conduct

Default HB Elements Aqua?

after testing it in a local store, i ordered a hb elements aqua. but the product i recieved doesn't smell like what i tested in the store at all! the one in the store was a fresh summer scent but the one i recieved smells very like lanvin arpege. i started to doubt if i smelled sth else in the store. what do u think? does elements aqua smell like lanvin arpege or did strawberry make a mistake about the product? any help will be highly appreciated!
    Last edited by el_payo; 20th March 2010 at 10:37 PM.

Default Re: HB Elements Aqua?

Maybe they mixed up your order and send you the original Elements. Aqua is indeed a nice fresh summer scent, a lighter version of the original Elements.
    However, the original Elements does not smell like Arpege at all...Arpege is much more flower/soapy like Chanel no5.
    Knize Ten !

thanks for the reply Pontifex Maximus..the weird thing is that everything is normal except the smell! the box,the bottle,the color of the scent,everything is normal but the scent inside is an oriental fougere without doubt!

That is very weird. I heard very positive opinions on Elements Aqua from a friend of mine, never tried it though because perfumeries are not stocked with it here. Maybe you tried vintage version and got the reformulated one...that is just a theory, of course.

when i tried it in the store,i really loved it,that's why i ordered a 100 ml bottle without doubt...now i don't know what to do with it :S i've sent an e-mail to strawberry about the problem,hopefully we can agree on return.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Maybe they mixed up your order and send you the original Elements. Aqua is indeed a nice fresh summer scent, a lighter version of the original Elements.
    However, the original Elements does not smell like Arpege at all...Arpege is much more flower/soapy like Chanel no5.
    They're both strong scents.
    The original Elements is a fougere, while Elements Aqua is an ambery fougere.
    To my nose, Elements is the lighter scent, while Elements Aqua is the thicker scent, which is somewhat closer to Arpege PH than the original Elements.

I've always been in two minds about Elements Aqua. Sometimes I liked it in the shop, sometimes I didn't. I only bought it when it was cheap, liked it at first, then decided I didn't like it much after all. The original Elements I've always liked, and actually finished a big bottle of it a few months back.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 21st March 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    They're both strong scents.
    The original Elements is a fougere, while Elements Aqua is an ambery fougere.
    To my nose, Elements is the lighter scent, while Elements Aqua is the thicker scent, which is somewhat closer to Arpege PH than the original Elements.

I've always been in two minds about Elements Aqua. Sometimes I liked it in the shop, sometimes I didn't. I only bought it when it was cheap, liked it at first, then decided I didn't like it much after all. The original Elements I've always liked, and actually finished a big bottle of it a few months back.
    Renato
    this is what i was afraid of...

I'm a fan of HB Elements Aqua and indeed it is a new take on the aquatics, it is, as mentioned above, an ambery fougere, works best on a windy summer day, smells synthetic and pleasant.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.