Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Wanted, an oppressively strong and annoying cologne...

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Notice how the original poster has never come back on to the thread to comment or tell us why he wants this lethal scent?
    cause he has a weird fetish and is ashamed of it?
    Last edited by Zgb; 22nd March 2010 at 03:56 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Notice how the original poster has never come back on to the thread to comment or tell us why he wants this lethal scent?
    He must have found this lethal scent and knocked himself dead with the very first whiff...

Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    Bond no 9 HOT Always would do the trick too.
    I second that! I tried two sprays of this in Saks on a hot day in San Francisco last year and nearly gassed myself!! It REEKS!

I want to see Jack Bauer using this as a tactic in 24 now.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    He must have found this lethal scent and knocked himself dead with the very first whiff...

Perhaps suggesting the over-spritzing of Farenheit was a bit over the top...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

He's afk.. killing his ex..Death by Kouros

Some mods shouls check his location/ISP and alert the authorities of a potential hazardous chemical threat in the area.

Blog Entries

OR he is a Detroit city employee and REALLY wants to challenge that ban???

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    cause he has a weird fetish and is ashamed of it?

Maybe we have the suspect:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...2-7faec0b13bb7

Sex Panther by Odeon.

It's got bits of real panther in it, so you know it's good.
    Quite pungent - burns the nostrils in a good way.
    60% of the time it works every time.
    Last edited by Moneysuckle; 22nd March 2010 at 07:48 PM.

I think 3 sprays of MAZZOLARI -Lui is enough.
    Last edited by Ciprian; 22nd March 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    Hahahah, you're so mean, I like it

Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme Concentree

I fear you may be right!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    I want to see Jack Bauer using this as a tactic in 24 now.
    Darn! You probably just gave away the show's dramatic finale! Jack Bauer accidentally killing himself and half the population of wherever he is by overapplying the Scent of Doom.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

The point would mainly be at least try and evoke a reaction out of this older guy I work with to humor myself and some of my coworkers with the absurd reactions he gives to relatively common situations. He also continually brings up past situations that we've done to, so a few good ones will last until he retires (which won't be too much longer). Everyone else is already informed of the idea, and no one is going to get fired due to this. I was the one trying to wear colognes mainly because I have a lot of stuff I've accumulated over the years. Usually doing something rediculous prompts rather humerous reactions from him so we all routinely try and provoke such reactions. He always plays along with the stuff but the commentary and reactions are priceless. So this is purely for a one time humor. I tried doing it with cheaper stuff I already had but didn't have anything grossly oppressive or enough so that he'd notice it. The other problem is he smokes and he doesn't sometimes notice the stuff as easily. I mentioned in the past we had a good running joke going with Stetson. With Stetson he'll probably be like "Is that Stetson?" "Maybe I should get Stetson" "Does Tom Brady still wear that stuff?" "Will girls like me more if I get Stetson?" this will easily give us all a good laugh, so this is all in good fun.

I'd rather have something that is at least wearable in a normal dose, so not to waste too much money. This was actually sparked with Remy Latour's Cigar in a heavy dose got "Something smells kinda musty around here, could it be me?" (I personally don't mind this stuff but wore more than usual the one day). Ungaro I, one of my favorites, he thought smelled like weed which was rather funny but I didn't overapply it was just wearing it as usual but I've rarely worn it to work. I tried British Sterling on its own in a liberal dose, but this guy probably grew up with that stuff. Royal Copenhagen got nothing, probably for the same reason. I've tried some of the more powerful stuff I could think of that I had.

Ideally a reaction like the Sex Panther scene from him would be the ultimate goal.

RUMBA BY BALENCIAGA......spray it 15 times...either you will be arrested for illegal contamination or for turnin tricks....

Alright then, if it's an older guy, dose up heavy on A*MEN.

Careful post #76, people get offended on here when you say "older guy" and I agree with StylinLA's suggestiion.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 23rd March 2010 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Careful post #76, people get offended on here when you say "older guy" and I agree with StylinLA's suggestiion.
    No, "people" only get offended when it's a broad generalization and out of specific context.

Not intending to be offensive. As I say he has a good sense of humor when it comes to things and the reactions he gives are great. If he saw that I called him an "older guy" on here he'd have a great bunch of comments for that. In fact I've actually told him that before in person he replied something like "Do you think I'm old?" "Do I look that old?" "Maybe I should dye my hair?" "Do you think I could still be an actor if I dyed my hair?" "I always wanted to be an actor, maybe if I'd have taken acting lessons..." "That girl I met at the nursing home thought I looked good". Usually a pointless comment leads to a string of rather unusual general statements like that. Then as the day goes on he'd occasionally say stuff in passing from it like "maybe if I dyed my hair" and then go look in a mirror. He tends not to forget the stuff either so he'll repeatedly bring it up in later unrelated conversations too even months down the road. So even with this strong cologne thing it won't be a lost investment he'll probably keep bringing up funny comments about it until he reitres so we'll all have a good laugh about it.

Quote Originally Posted by man114 View Post
    Not intending to be offensive. As I say he has a good sense of humor when it comes to things and the reactions he gives are great. If he saw that I called him an "older guy" on here he'd have a great bunch of comments for that. In fact I've actually told him that before in person he replied something like "Do you think I'm old?" "Do I look that old?" "Maybe I should dye my hair?" "Do you think I could still be an actor if I dyed my hair?" "I always wanted to be an actor, maybe if I'd have taken acting lessons..." "That girl I met at the nursing home thought I looked good". Usually a pointless comment leads to a string of rather unusual general statements like that. Then as the day goes on he'd occasionally say stuff in passing from it like "maybe if I dyed my hair" and then go look in a mirror. He tends not to forget the stuff either so he'll repeatedly bring it up in later unrelated conversations too even months down the road. So even with this strong cologne thing it won't be a lost investment he'll probably keep bringing up funny comments about it until he reitres so we'll all have a good laugh about it.
    None taken. The Cologneist had a thread he started with a tangentially related theme locked by a moderator.

I'd rather have something that is at least wearable in a normal dose, so not to waste too much money.
    "Normal dose" can be a relative thing.

Fracas and Carnal Flower both have their fans, but either one can be a bit unpleasant to be wearing if an indolic tuberose isn't your cup of tea. If it is, you can really make people around you unhappy.

My theory is that he is a jerk and wants to make that fact known without having to open his big mouth

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    None taken. The Cologneist had a thread he started with a tangentially related theme locked by a moderator.
    Can you just stop talking to me or about me? Does anyone know if there's a way to block people from your threads because I feel as if I'm being stalked.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 23rd March 2010 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Can you just stop talking to me or about me? Does anyone know if there's a way to block people from your threads because I feel as if I'm being stalked.
    Sir, she cleared up a point so that this thread's original poster wouldn't be confused by an issue in your other thread/s. An issue that wasn't present in this thread until you, mistakenly, carried it over.

Man114, you've got nothing to worry about on this thread and it looks like your fun in making it, or for making it, is for a good time. I hope you tell us the reactions you get from your wise guy who's got such funny comments.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

If you want a reaction spray Chrome on at least 4 times with him nearby. It P R O J E C T S 10 yards when first sprayed. No, I'm not kidding. Ten yards.

well, now that he has explained it I can understand why he wants an atrocious cologne... hope to hear the reactions soon

I keep thinking of Hillaire's description of Secretions Magnifiques: BLOOD AND SEMEN

If you spray this around him, he'll think there's something wrong with his wanker.

MKK may work also.

Give us a report, on what you chose, and how he reacted

A solid Kouros / Opium (femme) Cocktail will do the job!
    Or layer something loud with essential oils ( patchouli, insence, geranium...)

I saw A*Men mentioned a lot, but what about B*Men, that stuff projects like a king.. one of the few colognes I can wear and get away with only 2 sprays.

Basenotes Plus

Hey man114, this older guy seems like a cool dude. He doesn't seem to get ruffled easily and takes negative comments in his stride, with a penchant to go off tangent and come up with humorous semi-related remarks. Let us know how he reacted!

Givenchy Pi edp: Head-ache inducing

Kenzo Pour Homme: Smells of rotten beer when over applied.

Polo (original): Brash and very uncouth.

Halston

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Alright then, if it's an older guy, dose up heavy on A*MEN.
    Agreed. I'm 50 in a couple of weeks, and can't stand the stuff.

Double this, maybe add Millionaire by Mennen for that additional cheap edge

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    the ones I hear most often mentioned are
    A Men
    Le Male
    Kouros
    Joop!
    Bijan Man
    Black Aoud
    AA Indian Musk Ghazalle
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

Unfortunately I don't think I'll see him until early next week because I'm working days and hours I don't normally work because I took a day off each week for the next month due to a variety of events I have to attend. In the mean time I'll try and procure something to wear. I do have Halston but I never really considered it annoying. Polo seems too overly common so that may not work even though I've got some. I wonder if a heavy dose of Axe would possibly work. I'll dig through some samples I have and see if anything mentioned here I have in a sample. I'll also try sampling some of those knock offs I got for $.50 at Big Lots a few weeks ago, but I don't think I bought anything I wouldn't actually be able to get away with wearing.

I reckon you could layer... pick the strongest, BIGGEST sillage scents you have, and layer all of 'em. (you might not be able to stand yourself but for the fun it might be worth it.)

More than one spray of Le male or Desire would make *me* want to knock you out and hide the body...just to get some relief!

I wonder if a heavy dose of Axe would possibly work. I'll dig through some samples I have and see if anything mentioned here I have in a sample.
    That will do it, though I think that counts as masochism...

Man, what's with all the hate for Lapidus Pour Homme?? Do you guys really think it's that obnoxious? I love the stuff!

I agree Shamu, I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Tiffany For men
    +1 , & for the full effect, layer with Aramis 900 & Michael for Men.

Patch gone Thermonuclear

Sur la Plage

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'd rather have something that is at least wearable in a normal dose, so not to waste too much money.
    Chergui!!

Hey man114, this older guy seems like a cool dude. He doesn't seem to get ruffled easily and takes negative comments in his stride, with a penchant to go off tangent and come up with humorous semi-related remarks. Let us know how he reacted!
    He does sound like quite a cool guy! I hope I get to have a laugh with my co-workers when I begin my career!
    Last edited by boosh; 26th March 2010 at 09:35 PM.

What ever happened with this? Did you go with Joop! or A*Men?

I, at first, thought he was planning on spraying someone down with something super strong while they were asleep and then waking them up with a loud noise and a jolt for April Fool's. This would have been awesome.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Actually, no thread like this can be complete without mentioning Marbert Pure Man. I own this, but even i am afraid of it! I had earlier posted here recommending One Man Show. Next to MPM, OMS will seem like one of the Aqua Allegorias. This is the oft-hidden-away and almost forgotten Frankenstein monster of my collection.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Haven't done anything with this yet, had to work some different shifts as I said because I'm taking a couple of days off this month. I'll let you know what transpires.

AZZARO POUR HOMME trust me the strongest they make.

Quote Originally Posted by blas View Post
    wear over 12+ sprays of any fragrance and u'll get what u want.
    Does 4711 fit that bill?

lots of Bois du Portugal will take out everyone, even though i love it you have to have moderation for this one.

Lol@ all the Joop mentions. Joop is a monster. Bogart Pour Homme is its partner in crime. Funny thing is...I own both. lol I guess this is why I seldomly wear them...