Code of Conduct

Default New Tom Ford Private Blend - Azuree Lime

The Neiman Marcus Tom Ford consultant sent out an email today mentioning a new Private Blend called Azuree Lime. It is described as "a delightful scent with old world charm."

I searched the web and found no mentions of it.

Anyone out there know anything about it?

Default Re: New Tom Ford Private Blend - Azuree Lime

Oooh, interesting. I'll look forward to trying. (sorry, haven't heard anything more)
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Basenotes Institution

Are you sure the name is Azuree Lime? Not Azure Lime?

I mean, I know Tom Ford Beauty fragrances are made by Estee Lauder but would Erin Lauder have allowed Tom to so blatantly rip off of one of EL's classic scents so easily? Especially considering Lauder released Azuree Soleile Eau Fraiche when Tom Ford was collaborating with Lauder.

Hmmmmmm....
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 22nd March 2010 at 02:46 AM.

After being totally underwhelmed by every private blend besides Tobacco Vanille, I won't expect much, but I'm a lime nut, and this will probably be long lasting. Hopefully it doesn't have the out-of-pace dim/dark notes used in his Neroli, or the bad ciel-esque-synthetics used in montale's aromatic lime. If it's better than Truefitt's without being sweeter, he gets my money. Thanks djron91

When TF was in London in summer last year to launch Bois Marocain he did mention that he was developing a lime fragrance that would initially be exclusive to his Los Angeles store. He does seem to suggest it will be very summery! Here's the article -

http://www.howtospendit.com/articles...rds-fragrances
    Last edited by alcibiades; 22nd March 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Any idea on when this will be released?

*lemming alert!*
    Cant wait to learn more!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Are you sure the name is Azuree Lime? Not Azure Lime?
    I just saw a seller on ebay selling a mini of Tom Ford Azure Lime. Unfortunately he's selling it as a part of a lot of 21 mini's comprising the entire Tom Ford Private Blend releases.
    As per the description, this will be released in May.

I am definitely looking forward to this.

I tried this at saks 5th in SF yesterday. The TF rep had it in a mini atomizer and said it was gonna be released in about 3 months or so.

Jabel, how was it? What was it like?

Honestly I had spent the past 3 hours or so sniffing and sampling but from what I can remember it was very nice. Most of the TF Private Blend line to me is very much aimed at the older crowd (35+) and me being 20 I'm not keen on wearing much of it, but this one I really enjoyed. It was very very crisp and would go well in a nice summer day with a light application. I think it would also layer very well with lots of other fragrances but again this is just off of memory and I don't have the best of noses sorry

Tom Ford gives free samples if you email them (including this new one) and they are quite generous.. I've got about 6 samples comng in the mail.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 29th March 2010 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Tom Ford gives free samples if you email them (including this new one) and they are quite generous.. I've got about 6 samples comng in the mail.
    Got an address? Is it on the Tom Ford site or through a retailer?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I just saw a seller on ebay selling a mini of Tom Ford Azure Lime. Unfortunately he's selling it as a part of a lot of 21 mini's comprising the entire Tom Ford Private Blend releases.
    As per the description, this will be released in May.

I am definitely looking forward to this.
    Ah, so it is Azure Lime.

Quote Originally Posted by shortino View Post
    Got an address? Is it on the Tom Ford site or through a retailer?
    Ya go on the website and email them.. since they're much more expensive than other frags.. you may wanna try to be more convincing because I'm not 100% they give them to everyone -- I simply said that I'm a long time wearer of the original Tom Ford ever since its release in 2007 it's been my top shelf fragrance, and that I'd like to try several other ones by them before making my final purchase. The lady emailed me and verified my address and also asked if I was interested in trying the new lime one and I said absolutely. So just go on the site, look for the "contact us" feature.. send a message, odds are you'll hear back in 2-3 business days.. it may go to your spam folder as it did mine. That been said.. there are lots of sites where you can do this, I also had luck with the Kenzo site. I was actually planning on making a new thread based on sites I've had success with the samples with -- but after I actually received them.. this way everyone is satisfied.

I was actually planning on making a new thread based on sites I've had success with the samples with -- but after I actually received them.. this way everyone is satisfied.
    Please use the search function instead and look for 'free samples.'

^^ Thanks. I've read through the sample threads and all they seem to talk about is Mugler. I just searched "Tom Ford Samples" to no avail. Don't worry it won't be a bad thread

^^ Thanks. I've read through the sample threads and all they seem to talk about is Mugler. I just searched "Tom Ford Samples" to no avail. Don't worry it won't be a bad thread
    Look here, found by searching free samples. Feel free to add your new info there. It serves as a good, central place for sample information.

Emailed 'em today and got a quick response. We'll see how soon they send them out. Wish I had known they'd do that before I bought a few samples... oh well. Can't have too many, I guess.

Thanks jrd4t.
    @shortino.. Ya I'm really getting tired of spending 3+ bucks for a tiny sample.

Emailed 'em today and got a quick response. We'll see how soon they send them out. Wish I had known they'd do that before I bought a few samples... oh well. Can't have too many, I guess.
    Hmm, I emailed them a few days ago and still haven't heard back

^^ Ya just be patient.. hopefully they're not getting overwhelmed with emails, one of the reasons I was skeptical about telling everyone. But hey.. I love sharing a good freebie!

I got a sample in the mail this morning from the AMAZING TF rep at the Las Vegas Neiman Marcus. She wrote it as Azuree Lime (two e's) - so I am not sure which way that will go.

First reaction is a clean lime scent that is good for summer. I could imagine mixing this with Creed Virgin Island Water and going for the ultimate Summer Cocktail.
    For the first hour - it is reminding me of a few different department store designer frags - nothing as exceptional at the other private blends I love - so I was afraid it would be like the ill fated white musks.
    Then after the second hour - I noticed a change. I am not good at identifying the notes - but it started going EXTRA clean - a la the new Serge Lutens - but with a twist. At this point, I am thinking it would be a good blend with the way KYlie Minogue Inverse for Men develops after the first hour.

It's becoming more interesting over time. It is definitely one that is worth sampling. For those who like cleaner / fresher scents - this will be a good one. For those like me who like things stronger and more intense - it might be a grow to love kind of thing.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds very accessible djron91. Thanks for posting your impressions. I can't wait to smell this. I love lime notes.

Quote Originally Posted by djron91 View Post
    I got a sample in the mail this morning from the AMAZING TF rep at the Las Vegas Neiman Marcus. She wrote it as Azuree Lime (two e's) - so I am not sure which way that will go.

First reaction is a clean lime scent that is good for summer. I could imagine mixing this with Creed Virgin Island Water and going for the ultimate Summer Cocktail.
    For the first hour - it is reminding me of a few different department store designer frags - nothing as exceptional at the other private blends I love - so I was afraid it would be like the ill fated white musks.
    Then after the second hour - I noticed a change. I am not good at identifying the notes - but it started going EXTRA clean - a la the new Serge Lutens - but with a twist. At this point, I am thinking it would be a good blend with the way KYlie Minogue Inverse for Men develops after the first hour.

It's becoming more interesting over time. It is definitely one that is worth sampling. For those who like cleaner / fresher scents - this will be a good one. For those like me who like things stronger and more intense - it might be a grow to love kind of thing.
    Ron, have you sampled the Limes from Truefitt/Trumper/Penhaligons ? If so, how would you compare?

I have never sampled those.. this is the first lime fragrance I have smelled.

Have a large roll-on sample from my NM Ford rep.
    My take on it is the lime IS there but not as 'bright' as I would want - however, the lime does increase as it progresses

(full disclosure = yes I DO know it's TFord so take the progression part with a grain of salt.)

Overall - it's a pretty subdued scent but mixes well in the end with the reported oak notes.

This should be acceptable for summer but it isn't gonna rock your world all by itself.
    On its own, it dries down to a SLIGHTLY limey wood. Kind of decent but . . . .

I layered it with Hermes elixir des Merveilles I already own while I was at the store thinking the oak notes in the two would work - that's one damn fine mix.

5 compliments from women between 2 & 6pm. I'll have a double straight up please.
    Last edited by SoGent; 9th April 2010 at 11:05 PM.

Gonna try and hit up NM in Vegas tomorrow to catch a whiff. I totally forgot last week when I was at the mall. If they dont give me a sample I'll punch them in the nose and go to the Tom Ford boutique at City Center. If they dont give me a sample I'll scream obscenities in Hebrew and they'll respect me because I'll be wearing a suit and I'll be well groomed because I'm getting my haircut. Then I'll go to the Mandarin Oriental for tea time and relax

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    Gonna try and hit up NM in Vegas tomorrow to catch a whiff. I totally forgot last week when I was at the mall. If they dont give me a sample I'll punch them in the nose and go to the Tom Ford boutique at City Center. If they dont give me a sample I'll scream obscenities in Hebrew and they'll respect me because I'll be wearing a suit and I'll be well groomed because I'm getting my haircut. Then I'll go to the Mandarin Oriental for tea time and relax
    See if your screaming can get you 2 samples pal ;-)

I so want to try this one. The rep online emailed me right back when I inquired... but I haven't gotten anything yet. It's been a couple of weeks. Hopefully soon.

Im gonna be up in the big smoke in a couple of weeks time , hope theres some stuff over ere to try

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Ron, have you sampled the Limes from Truefitt/Trumper/Penhaligons ? If so, how would you compare?
    Do you own these yourself? If so, which is your best of the bunch and why? I am interested in getting a Lime scent myself.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Something about that doesn't seem legit...
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

^I know.
    1st post and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    Do you own these yourself? If so, which is your best of the bunch and why? I am interested in getting a Lime scent myself.
    I own the Truefitt and am considering the Trumper, but will wait until I smell the Azure Lime 1st.

I like all 3, but the Pens has the worst longevity, and the lowest doses of the complimentary notes, most of the notes which all 3 scents share. On the plus side the pens has the highest proportion of natural lime oil, hence it being the sourest/most serious. The Truefitt smells both of natural Lime oil, and synthetic lime oil, which is sweeter and somewhat candied when compared to the tart/sour scent of the pure natural oil. Adn the Truefitt also has the most neroli/petitgrain of them all, giving it the best longevity. The trumper is between the two, less carefree and fun than the Truefitt, but also more natural and tart. Despite any neroli/lemon, and synthetic oils, they all give an impression that is unmistakably Lime, and all 3 smell natural to anyone other than us note snobs here.

Can't wait to try the Azure.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ^I know.
    1st post and all.

I own the Truefitt and am considering the Trumper, but will wait until I smell the Azure Lime 1st.

I like all 3, but the Pens has the worst longevity, and the lowest doses of the complimentary notes, most of the notes which all 3 scents share. On the plus side the pens has the highest proportion of natural lime oil, hence it being the sourest/most serious. The Truefitt smells both of natural Lime oil, and synthetic lime oil, which is sweeter and somewhat candied when compared to the tart/sour scent of the pure natural oil. Adn the Truefitt also has the most neroli/petitgrain of them all, giving it the best longevity. The trumper is between the two, less carefree and fun than the Truefitt, but also more natural and tart. Despite any neroli/lemon, and synthetic oils, they all give an impression that is unmistakably Lime, and all 3 smell natural to anyone other than us note snobs here.

Can't wait to try the Azure.
    Thanks for the advice. That was very detailed and very helpful!

Well, judging by that review, I actually think that I will like Truefitt the most. I am all about fun and carefree scents. I like happy and energetic stuff.

What kind of price range is that in?

I tried this as part of Sniffapalooza this weekend and it is easily the most disappointing Private blend ever for me. It is depressingly linear and that would be fine but even the quality doesn't seem to be there. I would wear any of the Jo Malone lime fragrances, Trumper's, Penhaligon's, or Virgin Island water before I ever considered wearing this again.
    This is two in a row from the Private Blends Bois Marocain had some of the same linearity issues but it was better than Azuree Lime.
    They are going to have to start finding their way back to what they were doing a coiuple of years ago or this line is going to become an expensive joke.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I wore Azuree Lime today and I's say it's mediocre overall. The smell itself is above average to me, I love lime, and Tom Ford does a fantastic job on the lime, but after it dries down a little it smells candy like/synthetic, a good synthetic though. This basically reminds me of an extremely light English Leather drenched in lime. Projection seems to be pretty poor and longevity is about 4 hours. Kind of a disappointment from the private collection, but a fantastic aroma.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I tried this as part of Sniffapalooza this weekend and it is easily the most disappointing Private blend ever for me. It is depressingly linear and that would be fine but even the quality doesn't seem to be there. I would wear any of the Jo Malone lime fragrances, Trumper's, Penhaligon's, or Virgin Island water before I ever considered wearing this again.
    This is two in a row from the Private Blends Bois Marocain had some of the same linearity issues but it was better than Azuree Lime.
    They are going to have to start finding their way back to what they were doing a coiuple of years ago or this line is going to become an expensive joke.
    Ooh that sounds disappointing - thanks for posting your comments M.

Tried Azure Lime today and I think it's f*cking fantastic. It smells like a long lost, 1970s, lime chypre. A very bright, ever-so-slightly synthetic lime and a dash of non-indolic white florals, over a base of what smells like real oak moss, sweet musk and some wood. Yum. This one has summer written all over it. No sickening Mojito b*llshit here. Congratulations Pour Monsiuer, you now have a wonderful grandchild. Could work on a man, but there is something wonderfully feminine going on here.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 30th April 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Please stay on topic
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Got my sample -- love the lime. Pleasant scent and great for summer. However, it has pretty poor longevity on me. My vial is unmarked, so I'm not sure what the concentration is. The others of the Private Blend that I've tried have been EdP and good longevity on me. So that was a little disappointing.

When I tried Azure Lime I was underwhelmed, but to be fair to the fragrance, I'm not a fan of citrus and I don't like lime. This frag wasn't meant for me anyway. ( Anyone else get a Rose's Lime Cordial vibe off of this...? )

Got my sample -- love the lime. Pleasant scent and great for summer. However, it has pretty poor longevity on me. My vial is unmarked, so I'm not sure what the concentration is. The others of the Private Blend that I've tried have been EdP and good longevity on me. So that was a little disappointing.
    I agree, longevity is spotty on this.. especially in comparison to stuff like Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir. But it's kind of expected with a pure lime (for the most part) fragrance. Ya don't really see too many perfumes made that smell fruity, nor do you see many fragrances in general with fruity smells that last more than 6 hours.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 6th May 2010 at 01:55 AM.

I agree, longevity is spotty on this.. especially in comparison to stuff like Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir. But it's kind of expected with a pure lime (for the most part) fragrance. Ya don't really see too many perfumes made that smell fruity, nor do you see many fragrances in general with fruity smells that last more than 6 hours.
    No doubt. Good point.

I tried this one today.

Im not a fan of the opening and I like citrus. Something about the citrus that reminds me of Bonds Little Italy. They may share some aroma chems. BUT.... Once I got pas that (maybe 20 mins) The florals, musk and woods are really really nice. I thought I also detected a soft leather note. I may be able to look past the opening but unfortunately it does seem a bit fleeting. I applied one spray to the back of the hand four hours ago and I can barely detect it. Its smells like an awesome skin scent but i like my scents a bit stronger. I got a sample so more testing and I will know if I need a full bottle of this.

I've noticed that I need to use 6 sprays....which is ALOT for me to really enjoy it and pick up the middle and basenotes and gives me some sillage. I like the crisp Mojito like scent in the top note, but only lasts 15 minutes. Anything under 6 sprays and the fragrance dies out too soon.
    Last edited by TJMAC; 14th May 2010 at 01:29 AM.

How does this compare to the lime in Bond No 9's Central Park?