Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these two would you most like to see advance to the Fragrant Four?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guerlain Vetiver

51 51.00%
  • Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

49 49.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: BMM10: 3/22 Games 57 & 58 (Olfactory Eight Begins! Guerlain Vetiver vs. Ambre Sultan!!!)

SOTE: Ambre Sultan on my right wrist, Vetiver on my left. I stand by my vote. Go Vetiver!

Default Re: BMM10: 3/22 Games 57 & 58 (Olfactory Eight Begins! Guerlain Vetiver vs. Ambre Sultan!!!)

V-E-T-I-V-E-R

Go-o-o-o-o Vetiver!

The Ambre Sultan fans only have about twenty minutes to stage a comeback.

Where are you party animals?

We need you.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

45-43 with five minutes left. Can Ambre Sultan stage a last-minute comeback?
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Please oh please let AS come back!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

Didn't budge, but it was a close one after all.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM10: 3/22 Game 57 (Essential Eight Begins! Guerlain Vetiver vs. Ambre Sultan!!!)

Yes, I too totally agree with the above statements that G~Vetiver is a great vetiver, and certainly the more "wearable" of the two. Especially if one is looking for an "everyday" vetiver. (Being much more of a "day" scent for me.) ...
    And A~Sultan is the more interesting and captivating, in terms of "richness", power, longevity (lasts 3 days on me easy, and longer even on my clothes), beauty and shear artistry in amber. (Better suited to "night" (seduction !? ), for me. ...

THOUGH, still, it's definitely not my "fave vetiver", ... or my "fave amber", for that matter. Having others that I much prefer, hands down, if I really had to choose. (Lubin Vetiver & Ambre 114 , just to name two others which (IMHO, of course) are far superior ! ( And which unfortunately aren't even in the running !? )

But, besides that ... The point I was trying to make : ... It really all depends on, are we really supposed to be voting on "convenience" and "wearabilty" ? ... Or rather excellence and mastery of composition ? ~ One's shear intoxicating power ??? (Or "Swoonworthiness", as I like to call it )

I too definitely also wear G~Vetiver much more often. ... BUT that in itself already makes "the lessor worn one" often all the more special when I do. Chosen rather for special occasions, sort o'thing. ... AND I'm just a damn sucker for smouldering "AMBER" ambers anyway. ... Sooooo ... ?????

AAAAARRRRGGGHH ... HOW DO I GET OFF THIS DAMNED FENCE ???

Maybe I will just have to go the strategy route instead ??? Before my damned head blows off ??? (And I'm not even on the last leg yet (LOL))

Talking of which : ...
    Just by the way, ... I really think it's gonna be a ... CHERGUI >>>/\<<< L'AIR DDM ... massacre for top title ! ~ (YAY !)

AND I must say, I'd actually be glad with either one !!! (BUT to choose between those two, for me, will be IMPOSSIBLE !!!)

Default Re: BMM10: 3/22 Game 57 (Essential Eight Begins! Guerlain Vetiver vs. Ambre Sultan!!!)

I'm shocked that the safe fragrance defeated the risky one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Are we really supposed to be voting on "convenience" and "wearabilty" ? ... Or rather excellence and mastery of composition ?
    March Madness is about mastery.

March Madness is about mastery.
    Yes, that is what I would have thought, (and how I've been voting). .... But it seems "the workhorse" won out over "mastery" this time round !

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I'm shocked that the safe fragrance defeated the risky one.
    It sure is ironic given that the #1 criticism leveled against frags here on BN - designer and niche - is that they are too safe!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 23rd March 2010 at 04:02 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Whew!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Whew!
    +1!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...