Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Mitsouko from Kmart? Id rather pay more and have the Nordstrom experience

Dreaming about the Boston Meet-Up in July, Ive been toying with the idea of bringing home at least one significant bottle of something. With a recent run on wearing Mitsouko from a generous decant from Dimples, this is probably my #1 choice. So Im looking up the concentrations/prices online, and I learn that Mitsouko is being carried by Kmart (at least online)! Kmart? The place we used to go to buy malted milk balls and cheap tube socks? No, no, nomy fantasy includes a little bit of treatment (see Ubus Nordstrom snapshot below and click on the pic to read the backstory).

I dont know if anyone needs to comment on this post. I just had to express my astonishment. Maybe Im out of the loop on shopping trends.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Mitsouko from Kmart? Id rather pay more and have the Nordstrom experience

KMart's prices don't appear to be very low, so you might as well go for the shopping experience.

Default Re: Mitsouko from Kmart? Id rather pay more and have the Nordstrom experience

Mitsouko is not usually deeply discounted--go for the experience! It would be even better if you could find a Guerlain boutique

Normally, I love a bargain, but Mitsouko is surely special enough to be one of those 'little bag with a rope handle' purchases. Maybe Kmart stocks it for people who knock a bottle off the dresser and need to replace it fast!
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 22nd March 2010 at 01:15 PM.

Blog Entries

The shopping experience is nice to be sure, but I have been finding deep discounts on-line and recently bought two 2.5oz EDP bottles for about $118.00. That is a significant savings. You really just have to be in an open to buy condition and watch the on-line dealers closely. Mitsouko is a wonderful fragrance so, wherever you buy it, wear it in happiness and good health.

I bought my L'Heure Bleue at Kmart.com. 75 ml of edp for around $60 shipped iirc. That's about even with other discounters but I like the fact that I could say it was a blue light special.

I am not ashamed to say I sample all I can at Neimans and other finer places, but almost always bargain hunt online.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

I would be thrilled to visit Kmart to purchase Mitsouko, but I have never seen the fine fragrances listed on Kmart.com in an actual Kmart store. Unless your Kmart is a lot classier than the ones we have here, I believe the fine frags like Mitsouko are available online only. So if the price is right and you don't mind online shopping, why not Kmart? Wouldn't be much different than the experience of online shopping at Luckyscent or Beauty Encounter or Fragrancenet.

(As others noted, I do think there are better prices to be found on Mitsouko than Kmart's.)

Happy shopping, wherever you decide to buy!

I should have stocked up on the Guerlains before they decided they didn't want to be the new Coty. I remember buying Jicky, Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue and Shalimar for next to nothing, and that wasn't too long ago...
    Last edited by sean-dt; 22nd March 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Buying online or in a boutique is always the debate. Sometimes the SAs at stores are such dunderpates that I would rather click and shop online. I actually called a designer boutique and the SA had not a clue what I wanted; on another occasion the SA called Infusion D'Iris "Prada Milano."

It is both hilarious and frustrating...

Some boutiques/stores do cater to the customer and will really pamper you with samples and advice, respecting the customer's own knowledge of fragrance. They are helpful AND open-minded.

If the price is right, buy online. One problem in countries/places where the weather is very hot: the bottles will be in a delivery truck in the heat and this can ruin a fragrance. Try to buy online where you know the bottles will have to spend the least amount of time being shipped in the heat or stay on a hot doorstep.

I even bought some Cuir Lancome on Overstock.com
    Last edited by Primrose; 22nd March 2010 at 06:33 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

I remember a thread from a while back when K-mart had their fragrances on sale with an extra 40 or 60% discount. They're definitely worth checking regularly. That said, I love my little rope handled Guerlain bag, my extra samples of various SLs and Creeds, the mini of Shalimar edt and other Guerlain cosmetics, and the kind attention of the SAs at Neiman Marcus. I think you should definitely take home a bottle of something you love that will bring back those wonderful memories of the Meet-Up every time you wear it.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Basenotes Institution

I do try to buy my scents online because of sales tax in CA. However, nothing beats the dept store/boutique experience and fulfils the 'I need it now' urge more .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.