Code of Conduct

Exclamation New from Loewe: Solo Loewe Pop

Has anyone had the opportunity to try this? If so, what did you think?

Another website describes the juice as containing "fresh, energetic, contrasting, ironic" notes." Inspired by the pop art movement, Solo Loewe Pop is intended to evoke intuitive, emotional responses.

The bottle is clear and is shaped like the other Solo Loewe offerings. The cap is blue. The surface of the bottle is covered completey with the word "Pop" written in a pop-art style font. The lettering is a reddish-orange color.

Top: Mandarin, Pink Pepper
    Mid: Lavender
    Base: Tonka, Vanilla Bourbon (or just Vanilla, depending on which site you're reading.)

I was communicating with one of our Spanish Basenoters (on Facebook, not here) and he said it is very sexy, a must try. He also reported that the fragrance has very good sillage and longevity.

-Bossa
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 23rd March 2010 at 01:13 AM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Default Re: New from Loewe: Solo Loewe Pop

I'm not that crazy about the 'POP' flanker name, but anything with lavender and bourbon vanilla usually piques my interest.

Blog Entries

Sounds interesting and a must try. Is it available in the U.S. yet and if so where?

I do like the original and its bottle, but I find this POP flanker design a mess. Seems like targeted to people with mental disorder (no offense), or rebel teens (no offense again). Just sad, coming from a classic spanish perfume house.
    Even though, it's a must try!

Am I wrong, but is this the first flanker product by Loewe? I can't remember any others. If so, they're trying out the flanker business strategy, which just disagrees with me on principle. I like houses that market a new scent rather than confuse things with flavors of other ones.

Not that I mean the smell is thus bad, of course. I'll smell it when I can for sure.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Wow that ad is.. colorful. Seems interesting enough! I'll ad it to my list

wow
    seemd like a joke
    but I guess not
    someone fill us in!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Blog Entries

Not the biggest fan of the original. It's just something that I've smelled before in a few popular fragrances, albeit done well, but still. I'd be interested nonetheless.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Am I wrong, but is this the first flanker product by Loewe? I can't remember any others. If so, they're trying out the flanker business strategy, which just disagrees with me on principle. I like houses that market a new scent rather than confuse things with flavors of other ones.

Not that I mean the smell is thus bad, of course. I'll smell it when I can for sure.
    Hey DustB, I think Solo has another flanker called Solo Intense, but it is ironically in an EDC concentration, and said to be lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Hey DustB, I think Solo has another flanker called Solo Intense, but it is ironically in an EDC concentration, and said to be lighter.
    that┤s correct , and I confirm that Solo intense is paradoxically younger than original.

I'm the Spanish basenoter

It countains: mandarine, pink pepper, lavender, rock rose, vanilla, guaiac wood and haba tonka.

Solo Loewe Pop can be a "sexier intense reformulation" of the original.
    It has the same long lasting and projection as the original, but It smell slightly similar as the fresh floral ginger flower notes in the previous are changed for a sweeter lavender and rock rose.
    It also become woodier with a gorgeous guaiac wood note.

It has a stronger spice accent comparing to his older brother.
    I don't particullary like the vanilla drydown on it but ey, different noses, different tastes.
    To conclude, it is a reallly well blended perfume.
    It has a deeper spirit and has a different floral-woody twist to its mate "Solo Loewe".
    If you liked the original, you'll def like this one as a sustitute for a perfect night out fragance.
    Last edited by madridbatabidd; 23rd March 2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Thank you madridbatabidd--and everyone else-- for your remarks.

N_Tesla, I cannot find it in the States!

DustB, the Intense version is pictured below:

Last edited by Bossa Nova; 23rd March 2010 at 05:03 PM.

That's the package and the bottle of the Pop version. Rather youth, I think.

i cant wait to try it, the original version to me is amazing...

This is more youth and modern version of the original Solo. Definitely Solo Pop is Solo without that old-fashioned drydown. Very, very good flanker.

I have all the varieties: Loewe Solo: Solo Intense, Solo Absoluto, and Solo Pop.
    I love them all, as does my partner, who wears the women's fragrances from Loewe, which are equally delightful. IMO the strength of Loewe fragrances is just that: strength = longevity. When I/we use them early in the day, the fragrance is still there in the evening. OK, not as detectable at distance, but we get close at the end of the day.........

My favourite is Solo Absoluto, which is less peppery than Solo, and I have just tried Solo Pop. It is closer to Solo Absoluto than Solo, and I expect it to have similar longevity. I get lots of enquiries of what I am wearing as does my partner......
    It is impossible for something to be almost unique

I just started sampling the Loewe line. I have a sample of the original Solo and it smells a bit like Mandarina Pure Duck Black without the sweetness which I like. How sweet is the vanilla in the Pop flanker and would it be recommended over the original?

I love Loewe i have 7 and Escensia - i've tried Solo but never bought it instead i received SOLO Loewe Intense and its by far one of the Worst and Forgettable cologne i have ever tried or used, thank god i didnt spend any money on it and it was a gift!

Got to be the bargain of the year? Loewe Solo Pop 4.3 oz @ less than $45! astonishing value, lasts hours and hours and great fragrance.....

Blind bought this one as I couldn't pass it up for the price. Finally got around to the Loewe line. Any thoughts on Solo Pop or any thoughts on the Loewe line in general?

As far as this house is concerned, there is nothing that personally appeals to me.

Thanks for sharing, definitely interested to try, since I enjoy the rest of their Solo lineup (as well as most of their other masculine and unisex scents).

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    As far as this house is concerned, there is nothing that personally appeals to me.
    Once again Hednic you are your helpful self. Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Blind bought this one as I couldn't pass it up for the price. Finally got around to the Loewe line. Any thoughts on Solo Pop or any thoughts on the Loewe line in general?
    Vintage Loewe Pour Homme is absolutely fantastic. One of the spiciest fragrances I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
    Has anyone had the opportunity to try this? If so, what did you think?

Another website describes the juice as containing "fresh, energetic, contrasting, ironic" notes." Inspired by the pop art movement, Solo Loewe Pop is intended to evoke intuitive, emotional responses.

The bottle is clear and is shaped like the other Solo Loewe offerings. The cap is blue. The surface of the bottle is covered completey with the word "Pop" written in a pop-art style font. The lettering is a reddish-orange color.

Top: Mandarin, Pink Pepper
    Mid: Lavender
    Base: Tonka, Vanilla Bourbon (or just Vanilla, depending on which site you're reading.)

I was communicating with one of our Spanish Basenoters (on Facebook, not here) and he said it is very sexy, a must try. He also reported that the fragrance has very good sillage and longevity.

-Bossa
    A huge thanks for sharing this information !
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

I just blind bought this too. 2.5 oz for 31.50 at fragrencex. They only had a few left.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower99 View Post
    I just blind bought this too. 2.5 oz for 31.50 at fragrencex. They only had a few left.
    Wow that's really cheap. Come back and give us an update when you get a few wearings in.
    Last edited by silentrich; 4th March 2013 at 01:01 AM.

Drop a line with a short opinion once you receive it. I remember i tested this about an year ago in Sephora (the last few drops from the bottle), but i couldnt find it anywhere online. From what i remember it was sweet with a touch of citrus. Wasnt the kind of cloying sweetness though but rather fresh.
    Last edited by Sylver; 4th March 2013 at 01:47 PM.

Like this one better than the original Solo. Pop has the same orange/tangerine opening, but what I like about this is that it has a really nice balance to it. Usually I don't like a lavender, vanilla/tonka dry down because they're always so sweet and the lavender is way too loud. Not the case here and it's very well blended. Like Sylver mentioned, it's not cloying sweetness so it's GTG for a summer fragrance. Liking this one.

Note: There is one odd little problem. The cap on this is steel and it has a rubber stopper that goes around the stem in the cap. Hard as hell to get off.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Like this one better than the original Solo. Pop has the same orange/tangerine opening, but what I like about this is that it has a really nice balance to it. Usually I don't like a lavender, vanilla/tonka dry down because they're always so sweet and the lavender is way too loud. Not the case here and it's very well blended. Like Sylver mentioned, it's not cloying sweetness so it's GTG for a summer fragrance. Liking this one.

Note: There is one odd little problem. The cap on this is steel and it has a rubber stopper that goes around the stem in the cap. Hard as hell to get off.
    Glad that you like it
    Solo Absoluto is even better IMHO
    Last edited by fragranceseeker; 26th March 2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: added info

I agree about the caps. I just leave them off. (I have the original, Absoluto, and Pop.) I don't even attempt to deal with the caps.

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceseeker View Post
    Glad that you like it
    Solo Absoluto is even better IMHO
    What stands out on Absoluto? Also, could you describe the main differences between Pop and Absoluto?