Code of Conduct

Arrow This seems like a great community....respect, humor and love for hobby. So what's the story behind..

I'm new here, what is the story behind your avatars or picture(s) on your profile?

I've notice someone has a black/white photo of a big dog, another has a black/white photo of a WWII era fighter pilot.

Mine? I love motorcycles, Excelsior Henderson was one of the early American bike manufacturers before the Great Depression killed it in the early 30's.

Smell ya later!

Default Re: This seems like a great community....respect, humor and love for hobby. So what's the story behi

I eat a lot of chicken. That's about it.

Default Re: This seems like a great community....respect, humor and love for hobby. So what's the story behi

Welcome!!

I stink
    Last edited by boosh; 22nd March 2010 at 10:10 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Welcome to Basenotes , you guys !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Mine is me, or my name, or anything else I choose. (not much of a back story but true.) Welcome!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Mine just tells about my cool side and my other side you pray you don't have to see

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Mine just tells about my cool side and my other side you pray you don't have to see
    Thank you for that Amit! (J/K I'm sure you're cool always. I know I am! (hmm.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

I'm being satirical of some of the the pretentious perfume names out there. Adonis sounds like something that would have pheromones in it and would be worn by someone who drives a 1920s replica kit car (no offense to anyone who drives one).
    Last edited by adonis; 23rd March 2010 at 01:14 AM.

1920's is a bit much. I would love a Shelby Cobra kit. But I'd rather a real one. *sigh*.

My picture is self-evident.

Welcome. My avatar is myself.

I like the mountains!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

My avatar is, although just visible to me solely on my profile page, is a still photo from the 1974 movie adaption of the novel "The Great Gatsby" by
    F. Scott Fitzgerald (also one of my fave books), with Robert Redford in the main part

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    although just visible to me solely on my profile page
    So I have to ask...what's the point?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

My avatar is the highly endangered species Uncia uncia, the (unfortunately) gorgeously pelted Snow Leopard, of which there are fewer than 4,000 remaining worldwide.
    Last edited by kbe; 23rd March 2010 at 09:17 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

my avatar is Maxwell from the game scribblenauts holding a basenotes bottle.
    Forcing Memories into Everyones Brains One Fragrance at a Time.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I have a bowl of sticky and sweet candy,
    symbolizing my love for sweet perfume!

Model Karen Elson, the late-'90s face of Chanel, and 50x50 doesn't do her justice. Here's the big version, and here are some even better pics from the same shoot. No real reason behind the avatar choice besides I dig redheads, and redhead models even more, and she seems like a cool chick in real life.

Also, welcome to BN! I'm new-ish here as well, and am loving the place so far.
    Last edited by subhuman85; 24th March 2010 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighDesertCo View Post
    I'm new here, what is the story behind your avatars or picture(s) on your profile?
    Great question! I've often wonder that too!
    Mine is a sunshiny looking (to me!) chrysanthemum because my username is japanese for 'sunshine' or 'sunlight'.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present."

coz im empty inside :P

Mine is a castle - a small one but fit for a queen (reine)!

reine

My avatar is the beautiful magnolia grandiflora. It's the state flower of Louisiana, my home state, and one of my favorite floral notes in perfumery.

Evangeline is the romantic heroine of "Evangeline, A Tale of Acadie" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. It's also the name of a Parish in Louisiana, as well a settlement in the Acadian Peninsula of New Brunswick. I've loved the name since I was a very little girl - my mother used to call my best friend "Lady Priscilla," and I was dubbed "Lady Evangeline" when we played dress-up.

My reply may sound off-topic and redundant now, but I think I got my avatar set in such manner, as to appear with every message post

Basenotes Plus

I've notice someone has a black/white photo of a big dog, another has a black/white photo of a WWII era fighter pilot.
    Hey, you were talking about me! It's a photo of the late Gregory Peck - one of my absolute favorite leading male actors from the era. He often played the role of a gentleman with a lot of personal charisma - women love to be with him & guys love to have him around. A devil-may-care attitude, as shown by this photo of him in the bomber outfit with a ciggie in his hand, only adds to the intrigue. That's the kind of personality I'd want in a bespoke fragrance.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 24th March 2010 at 05:51 PM.

My avatar represent the bottle of Masaki Matsushima -AquaMat fragrance,which is one of my favorite frag.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reine View Post
    Mine is a castle - a small one but fit for a queen (reine)!

reine
    Loves it, your majesty!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Hey, you were talking about me! It's a photo of the late Gregory Peck - one of my absolute favorite leading male actors from the era. He often played the role of a gentleman with a lot of personal charisma - women love to be with him & guys love to have him around. A devil-may-care attitude, as shown by this photo of him in the bomber outfit with a ciggie in his hand, only adds to the intrigue. That's the kind of personality I'd want in a bespoke fragrance.
    YES!

Gregory Peck was one of the sexiest men around in the day. Absolutely wonderful statement of personality!

Of course who can forget Atticus!

Acadians, they were the ones that migrated to LA?

Malaysia huh? I believe another member is from Singpore, are you near there?

Of course, the chrysanthemum, the symbol of the Japanese royal family, no?

Uncia Uncia, Himalayan?

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Model Karen Elson, the late-'90s face of Chanel, and 50x50 doesn't do her justice. Here's the big version, and here are some even better pics from the same shoot. No real reason behind the avatar choice besides I dig redheads, and redhead models even more, and she seems like a cool chick in real life.

Also, welcome to BN! I'm new-ish here as well, and am loving the place so far.

You ever seen the redhead in the Law and Order show? Fiery long red hair, OH...MY...GOD! I believe she was also in a Sopranos ep.

Scribblenauts, gotta look it up!

Many thanks to all of you who replied!

Was there some confusion re Acadians - French Lousianians and Atticus (Finch), the role Gregory Peck played in To Kill a Mockingbird?

reine

merci, mon cher le duc!

Mine is a pansy because I love their little faces. Gardening is a major hobby of mine, especially fragrant flowers...which is also responsible for bringing me to BN.

Mine is a bottle I "designed" on Paint
    If I could launch a fragrance one day, I would use this bottle !

Quote Originally Posted by Scentational View Post
    Mine is a bottle I "designed" on Paint
    If I could launch a fragrance one day, I would use this bottle !
    Paint! Maybe the best invention since.... well, the best invention! Isaac Newton couldn't have made it, nor Darwin theorized it!

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Paint! Maybe the best invention since.... well, the best invention! Isaac Newton couldn't have made it, nor Darwin theorized it!
    Haha you got it ! And if I use Paint, it's certainly not 'cause I'm not able to use something more sophisticated like Photoshop...

Malaysia huh? I believe another member is from Singpore, are you near there?
    yep there are a few members from singapore actually. Malaysia's the big chunk of land above singapore :P

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Mine is me, or my name, or anything else I choose. (not much of a back story but true.)
    Ah, after a search I'm understanding your original moth!

I had been thinking actis as in "actus reus" (I missed the 'a', and I guess I don't spell Latin so good) and "luna" as in moon or lunacy = crazy, impulsive acts. I'm starting to feel a little actus luna myself after some of these recent purchases...
    Last edited by NillaGoon; 26th March 2010 at 02:07 AM.

Of course, the chrysanthemum, the symbol of the Japanese royal family, no?
    That is so, but I just like chrysanthemums.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present."

Quote Originally Posted by NillaGoon View Post
    Ah, after a search I'm understanding your original moth!

I had been thinking actis as in "actus reus" (I missed the 'a', and I guess I don't spell Latin so good) and "luna" as in moon or lunacy = crazy, impulsive acts. I'm starting to feel a little actus luna myself after some of these recent purchases...
    I think actus luna is quite appropriate. (as I have enough 'fumes to last many, many years, all acquired since, oh... December '09. SHeesH!

On the other hand, the Luna moth is well... one gorgeous, amazing moth. I finally saw one "in person" a few years ago and it was bigger than my hand. Elusive, lovely.

(oh, and coincidentally, one of my other handles is moonlunasea as in lunacy, but some Japanese kiddie rock band called themselves moonlunasea and I glommed onto it for myself.)
    Last edited by actiasluna; 26th March 2010 at 05:03 AM.

I love mice and my Fracas..."musse" is slang for "mouse" in Swedish.
    (besides, I call my daughter Musse, have always done).
    Last edited by musse; 26th March 2010 at 05:15 AM.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I love the musse-on-a-razor piccie!

Eleanore

Mine is a picture of my daughter and myself. This is the first time that I show my face. When I was at fragrantica; I didn't. At basenotes I thought, why not? I like to see a face on an avatar and I should do the same for others.

Blog Entries

Nice Topic.

Mine is a crop of The Shrine by J.W. Waterhouse. I've had this print on a door in the house for about ten years and thought that it would make a great avatar for Basenotes.

When I look at it, I wonder if she's going up into the house or down into the garden ... though, one thing is for sure. She's stopped to smell the roses.

I like that old chestnut.

Thumbs up Re: This seems like a great community....respect, humor and love for hobby. So what's the story behi

My avatar is of Giancarlo Antognoni, former regista, fantasista, and captain of Fiorentina; also a World Cup winner in 1982 with Italy.

At the peak of his powers, he fractured his skull in a collision with the opposing goalkeeper that also stopped his heart on the pitch for half a minute but he was revived and eventually recovered to play another five seasons for i Gigliati.

Classy player and one of the club's greatest-ever servants.

EDIT: That absolutely gorgeous home shirt is also quite possibly the best in the club's history.
    Last edited by Emlynevermore; 20th April 2010 at 05:51 AM.