Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Arrow This seems like a great community....respect, humor and love for hobby. So what's the story behind..

I'm new here, what is the story behind your avatars or picture(s) on your profile?

I've notice someone has a black/white photo of a big dog, another has a black/white photo of a WWII era fighter pilot.

Mine? I love motorcycles, Excelsior Henderson was one of the early American bike manufacturers before the Great Depression killed it in the early 30's.

Smell ya later!

Default Re: This seems like a great community....respect, humor and love for hobby. So what's the story behi

I eat a lot of chicken. That's about it.

Default Re: This seems like a great community....respect, humor and love for hobby. So what's the story behi

Welcome!!

I stink
    Last edited by boosh; 22nd March 2010 at 09:10 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Welcome to Basenotes , you guys !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Mine is me, or my name, or anything else I choose. (not much of a back story but true.) Welcome!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Mine just tells about my cool side and my other side you pray you don't have to see

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Mine just tells about my cool side and my other side you pray you don't have to see
    Thank you for that Amit! (J/K I'm sure you're cool always. I know I am! (hmm.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

I'm being satirical of some of the the pretentious perfume names out there. Adonis sounds like something that would have pheromones in it and would be worn by someone who drives a 1920s replica kit car (no offense to anyone who drives one).
    Last edited by adonis; 23rd March 2010 at 12:14 AM.

1920's is a bit much. I would love a Shelby Cobra kit. But I'd rather a real one. *sigh*.

My picture is self-evident.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Welcome. My avatar is myself.

I like the mountains!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

My avatar is, although just visible to me solely on my profile page, is a still photo from the 1974 movie adaption of the novel "The Great Gatsby" by
    F. Scott Fitzgerald (also one of my fave books), with Robert Redford in the main part

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    although just visible to me solely on my profile page
    So I have to ask...what's the point?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

My avatar is the highly endangered species Uncia uncia, the (unfortunately) gorgeously pelted Snow Leopard, of which there are fewer than 4,000 remaining worldwide.
    Last edited by kbe; 23rd March 2010 at 08:17 PM.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

my avatar is Maxwell from the game scribblenauts holding a basenotes bottle.
    Forcing Memories into Everyones Brains One Fragrance at a Time.

I have a bowl of sticky and sweet candy,
    symbolizing my love for sweet perfume!

Model Karen Elson, the late-'90s face of Chanel, and 50x50 doesn't do her justice. Here's the big version, and here are some even better pics from the same shoot. No real reason behind the avatar choice besides I dig redheads, and redhead models even more, and she seems like a cool chick in real life.

Also, welcome to BN! I'm new-ish here as well, and am loving the place so far.
    Last edited by subhuman85; 24th March 2010 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighDesertCo View Post
    I'm new here, what is the story behind your avatars or picture(s) on your profile?
    Great question! I've often wonder that too!
    Mine is a sunshiny looking (to me!) chrysanthemum because my username is japanese for 'sunshine' or 'sunlight'.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present."

coz im empty inside :P

Mine is a castle - a small one but fit for a queen (reine)!

reine

My avatar is the beautiful magnolia grandiflora. It's the state flower of Louisiana, my home state, and one of my favorite floral notes in perfumery.

Evangeline is the romantic heroine of "Evangeline, A Tale of Acadie" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. It's also the name of a Parish in Louisiana, as well a settlement in the Acadian Peninsula of New Brunswick. I've loved the name since I was a very little girl - my mother used to call my best friend "Lady Priscilla," and I was dubbed "Lady Evangeline" when we played dress-up.

My reply may sound off-topic and redundant now, but I think I got my avatar set in such manner, as to appear with every message post

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Quote Originally Posted by HighDesertCo View Post

I've notice someone has a black/white photo of a big dog, another has a black/white photo of a WWII era fighter pilot.
    Hey, you were talking about me! It's a photo of the late Gregory Peck - one of my absolute favorite leading male actors from the era. He often played the role of a gentleman with a lot of personal charisma - women love to be with him & guys love to have him around. A devil-may-care attitude, as shown by this photo of him in the bomber outfit with a ciggie in his hand, only adds to the intrigue. That's the kind of personality I'd want in a bespoke fragrance.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 24th March 2010 at 04:51 PM.

My avatar represent the bottle of Masaki Matsushima -AquaMat fragrance,which is one of my favorite frag.

Quote Originally Posted by reine View Post
    Mine is a castle - a small one but fit for a queen (reine)!

reine
    Loves it, your majesty!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Hey, you were talking about me! It's a photo of the late Gregory Peck - one of my absolute favorite leading male actors from the era. He often played the role of a gentleman with a lot of personal charisma - women love to be with him & guys love to have him around. A devil-may-care attitude, as shown by this photo of him in the bomber outfit with a ciggie in his hand, only adds to the intrigue. That's the kind of personality I'd want in a bespoke fragrance.
    YES!

Gregory Peck was one of the sexiest men around in the day. Absolutely wonderful statement of personality!

Of course who can forget Atticus!

Acadians, they were the ones that migrated to LA?

Malaysia huh? I believe another member is from Singpore, are you near there?

Of course, the chrysanthemum, the symbol of the Japanese royal family, no?