Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Fragrance: L'Artisan Nuit de Tubéreuse (Late Spring 2010)

From my recent trip to Scentbar:

L'Artisan
    Nuit de Tubereuse--I'm not a huge fan of tuberose, but in NdT, the flower is represented as green and woody and utterly adorable. The tuberose is mild and somewhat clean, and later seems fruity and fresh. It may not satisfy those who crave tuberose monsters, but its quiet and sheer qualities are extremely fetching regardless.

Just received my bottle Friday - it is so lovey, and light enough for day wear without killing everyone around you with the sillage (which is minimal). It was not as tenacious as I hoped it would be, only got about 6 hours out of it, but I guess that's what purse decants are for. :-) I get a lot of orange blossom along with a very light, sweet tuberose.

Off-Scenter

I just wore this a couple of times for review elsewhere, and I'm sorry to say I was very disappointed. On me there is an extremely loud and chemically abrasive woody base note that overwhelms the entire composition after the first few minutes' wear. (I've had a similar problem with Vierges & Toreros.)

I smelled this a couple of days ago and liked it very much. I own Fracas, but I don't wear it very often because the sillage is huge, but this one is beautiful, with moderate sillage and seemed to last for a while. I was most impressed because it is very smooth, no sharp notes on my skin.
    Evenstar

I agree with Off-Scenter that the teak-like woody note that's apparent from the very beginning overpowers everything else and projects its sillage all over the place. I also smell the wet-cardboard note that others mentioned, which I think is probably Iso E Super. This tuberose is not for me.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

@ Doc Elly: The wet-cardboard effect is actually one of the facets of tuberose absolute (it's also perceptible in cassie absolute, for instance) that Bertrand Duchaufour wanted to play on, rather than Iso E Super which is very soft.

@ Off-Scenter: I'm thinking that the overwhelming woody note you're getting may be a material to which some people are hyperosmic, a woody note that really grates at some people's noses, while it goes totally unnoticed by others. I get that, for instance, from Jubilation XXV and from French Lover/Bois d'Orage.

There is also a terpenic effect created by the mango accord and the pink pepper (which is overdosed in the formula). This creates an incense note: if you pick it up too strongly it might grate.

@Cazaubon: hey, 6 hours is pretty good! I for one don't like fragrances that have the half-life of plutonium on my skin, and moderate sillage is a plus in the case of a scent based on tuberose...