Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Scent me for Thursday and Friday! :D I'm meeting Trinny&Susannah from What Not To Wear! :D

Trinny&Susannah from UK's What Not To Wear are coming on a mission to Flanders, and I've been selected!! What should I wear, scent wise, that reflects my personality? I also want to project an image of a grown up woman (I'm 30) that it's also fun, extrovert and easygoing... I'm meeting them tomorrow for the first time and Friday for my restyling. I have to wear the same clothes, so I cannot play with that... Maybe I should wear the same scent both days too? I'm lost!

Can anyone, then, suggest something from my wardrobe? The weather will be nasty: grey and with loads of rain... Should I go with something wintery (warm and cozy) or with something that reveals my longing for spring (white flowers and fruits)?

Thanks in advance!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Scent me for Thursday and Friday! :D I'm meeting Trinny&Susannah from What Not To Wear! :D

Darling Baldufita ! Wheeeeeeee ! Wonderful news ! I wish I could come along- I would LOVE to meet them too and also Stacey London and Clinton Kelly of US What Not To Wear.

I think you should wear something you love and feel really yourself in- Black Orchid . I had a look at your vast and lovely wardrobe - I love a lot of your perfumes .Maybe Barbara Bui ? For spring and white flowers- Fleurs de Citronnier ?
    Ultimately, it should be something you are comfortable in .
    Have a great time !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 24th February 2010 at 10:20 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Re: Scent me for Thursday and Friday! :D I'm meeting Trinny&Susannah from What Not To Wear! :D

I vote for SL Fleurs d'Oranger - it's warm, sunny and bright, also classy and classic.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Sarrasins maybe? Show them you can be outgoing and ultra-sophisticated at the same time
    Last edited by sean-dt; 24th February 2010 at 10:23 AM.

I'm noting everything down as we speak!!!! I wouldn't have thought on Fleurs de Citronnier, one of my faves, though... I'm torn between my Lutens', as I think it would be a great idea to wear one to such an event... Talking about events! On Friday, and to celebrate our new looks, there will be a party... Is Black Orchid a good idea or would it be too much (or loud!)? I am very comfortable wearing it, though... And I feel really confident when doing it...

I would definitely wear Black Orchid if I owned it!
    My second choice would be Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia.
    Good luck with the makeover. My son has a funny name for those two -
    Tranny and Suzanny. He got the names a bit muddled...
    Last edited by kewart; 24th February 2010 at 11:31 AM.

LOL @ the names!!!!

Out of your Wardrobe and as based on your enthusiastics posts on our SotD threads, I would say:
    -- Day 1 Hanae Mori Yellow Butterfly;
    -- Day 2 TF Black Orchid.

Reasoning? First is sunny and warm and cozy -- you are who you are, second is sophisticated, classy, rich -- you are who you are plus what they projected on you.

Good luck and please let us know how it went.

OMG!
    So its actually a ruse that the "victims" are "surprised" with their makeovers?!
    Talk about dashing my illusions to pieces!

Well congratulations Baldufita!
    I'd go "old school" and put a spot of "Joy" behind each ear.
    Have fun!!

I don't have any advice except to say that you MUST report back. I love, love, love those two - far better than I love Stacy and Clinton! That show improved my dress sense by miles.

Blog Entries

What fun! I vote for Fleurs de Citronnier. It's so bright & cheery. You are one lucky girl! I need to clear out my closet but it will be a trial. I wouldn't know where to start! Good luck. We need pictures, too!

You'll have all the dirty secrets, I promise!!! And I promise I'll post all the pics the let me take!! I'll record the show when it airs and post it on the Tube, for your "enjoyment"... I hope they're not too hard on me... I'm an easy crier...

Yippee - how exciting! I'm so happy for you and your new wardrobe, and I can't wait to see it!

I vote for Black Orchid, because it's you! But you should probably spritz lightly, just to be on the safe side...they're not allowed to touch your fragrance wardrobe, are they??
    Last edited by Evangeline; 24th February 2010 at 03:11 PM.

That sounds like fun! I've never seen the UK version, but I'd wear a confidence boosting fragrance - whatever you will feel energetic and fabulous in.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Yippee - how exciting! I'm so happy for you and your new wardrobe, and I can't wait to see it!

I vote for Black Orchid, because it's you! But you should probably spritz lightly, just to be on the safe side...they're not allowed to touch your fragrance wardrobe, are they??

I hope NOT!!!!!! lol

Fantastic fun - I LOVE those two and have two of their books.

I may be out on a limb but I would suggest Omnia Crystalline from your wardrobe, or Tuberose Gardenia.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Just as clothing is such a personal expression of who we are, so is scent. Please use this time to express yourself in a way the show hosts cannot: your personal sillage!

As an homage to the late Alexander McQueen, wear Kingdom!!
    Last edited by Primrose; 24th February 2010 at 06:36 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

How cool is that!?! I think Barbara Bui would be perfect. In fact it was the scent that first came to mind when I saw the title of the thread, before seeing your wardrobe or even reading the entire post.
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

I was thinking about BB too... But I want something with a little sillage and BB has none on me... I think I'm gonna go for Fleurs de Citronnier for both days, and for Black Orchid for the party on Friday... I promise loads of pics...

Thanks, thanks, thanks so much for all your help! What would I do without you, guys...

What fun!! Congratulations and please detailed reporting. We want to know what fragrances Trinny and Susannah wear.

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    ...I'd wear a confidence boosting fragrance - whatever you will feel energetic and fabulous in.
    I agree with this advice. Sounds like you've made your decision and you're ready to go! I haven't seen this show, but it sounds like a blast. Looking forward to your report!

How exciting!

My motivation would be to wear something the girls will be able to smell, and maybe recognise. In preferential order:

Joy
    Black Orchid
    Aromatics Elixir

That sounds like so much fun! Congratulations. I can't wait to read your report and hopefully watch you on tv.
    I think you should wear something that makes you very happy and makes you feel confident.
    Let us know what you choose.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Good choices Baldufita ! Looking forward to your report !
    I love the names Tranny and Suzzanny !

How fun! You can't go wrong with any choices in your fabulous scent wardrobe. My votes would be Kelly Caleche and the Korres (with Black Orchid as a third).
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Yes, you absolutely must find out what T & S wear scentwise. You may even be able to offer them a little reciprocal consultancy if you feel they might be in need of it! : - )

Yay! First recording day is done! I got to meet Suzanny, I mean, Susannah... She's beautiful in person and looks my age (which she's not... She's 47 I've heard)... She told me I had a good bum and good legs (yeah, right!) and that it seemed I was willing to learn all that has to be learned, which is true!

I'll try to find out which fraggies do they use and offer my "expert knowledge" (yeah, right!!!) in return... That might be an interesting quest...

Basenotes Institution

How fab Baldufita ! Like VM I Hate Civet said- we must know their scent choices ! I'm very excited for you.

Joining this party late but had to drop a line.

These are brilliant, exciting news! Congratulations Baldufita!!! You're well worth it after what you've been through and I suspect your wardrobe need some updating since your clothes probably don't fit you any more (which is a good thing though :-)).

You have to let us know all the gory details and I agree that it would be fun to know what scents they wear. Hope you'll have a great time at the party this evening.

OMG!!!! It was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I'm a new woman... I'm still speechless now, so I'll post pics later... Just a preview of hair and shoes:

Basenotes Institution

Oh My - Baldufita- the hair is so fab ! It suits you ! Great shoes too !

I thought I was gonna kill myself in those shoes... But they're actually "comfy" (for heels, that is... )... As for the hair, they did a GREAT job!!! It's totally me!!! I *need* to have funky hair, even when my outfit is boring... Hair can get sooooo incredibly boring here in Belgium... Everyone wears the same cut styled in the same way... I'm NOT everyone!!! Ergo, I need funky hair...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    I thought I was gonna kill myself in those shoes... But they're actually "comfy" (for heels, that is... )... As for the hair, they did a GREAT job!!! It's totally me!!! I *need* to have funky hair, even when my outfit is boring... Hair can get sooooo incredibly boring here in Belgium... Everyone wears the same cut styled in the same way... I'm NOT everyone!!! Ergo, I need funky hair...
    I do love your hair- you can really pull off an avant garde style Baldufita.

Wow! I love the hair and the shoes!

Can't wait to see more pics. Oh, and did I mention that I love Trinny and Suzannah too?

More pics!!! Me and my new glasses... Of course, they chose them too (obviously, I got to choose nuthin... )

For comparison, previous hair and glasses:

You look fabulous!!! Will you please go shopping with me when I need new glass frames?

Blog Entries

Very glam!

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    You look fabulous!!! Will you please go shopping with me when I need new glass frames?
    It would be no trouble... Although I didn't choose them myself...

I have been lurking on this thread--I am glad to see how things have progressed! Baldufita, the new hair and glasses are very flattering for your face--lovely!

So, what fragrance did you wear?

Really great look altogether - and yes, what scent did you wear and what did you learn about theirs?! : - )

I wore Fleurs de Citronnier all day... It seemed to fit the "casual" of the evening and the happiness I was feeling... Black Orchid, which I'm wearing today, would have been too much yesterday...

I didn't learn a thing about their scents, but I learned that Susannah smokes, not Trinny, and that they're both really sweet...

Lookin' fab Baldufita!

Should I post a pic of the outfit they chose for me? I'm a little embarrassed, that's why I ask...

Yes... please do!

Yes - I want to see the outfit ! Your hair looks fantastic btw - you have be very pretty to carry off a style like that and it suits you perfectly.

Here it goes... I find it tight...

You look absolutely gorgeous!
    I love your hair and glasses! The outfit is great too, it really shows off your figure.
    Did you get loads of advice on how to dress too?

Very sassy! And tight is not a bad thing - especially if youre accustomed to wearing baggy or oversized clothes.
    Mamma's hot!

When I was bigger I would wear baggy clothes... And the baggier, the better... I guess I still do (did), so tight makes me still a little bit uncomfortable despite the fact that I'm a normal EU42 (UK14). And I got loads of advice! On length, shoes, tops, color... I even asked if I could wear skinny jeans! Hubby bought me a pair and I was reluctant... Tried them on, and they looked... Good? Yeah... I guess they did...

Basenotes Institution

Baldufita- you look great and the outfit suits you very well. I love your picture above . What a wonderful experience ! Did T and S tell you what scent they wear ?

Basenotes Plus

The divine Ms B!
    IMO:
    *The old frames fit your face nicely, and can still work for you at more conservative occassions- but new frames make a bold contemporary and cheerful fashion statement.
    *The outfit is definately not too tight
    * You have the most georgeous SKIN!

Ok, as a knitter, I am curious about the cute scarf in the outfit. Details please?

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Ok, as a knitter, I am curious about the cute scarf in the outfit. Details please?
    C&A, my dear... ALL comes from C&A, as it was our clothing sponsor... And we could take home everything from them they used on us...

But I cheated... My jeans were from New Look and I was supposed to return them... I was going to do so but Annie, one of the stylists, told me to secretly put them in my bag to take them home with me... Wasn't she sweet or what? Anyway, I was in love with those jeans... Not too long, not too short... Perfect fit!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Did T and S tell you what scent they wear ?
    They didn't... But if any, something really close to the skin, as I couldn't smell anything in particular... And probably with low staying power... I also didn't see any of them reapply...

Basenotes Institution

Thanks darling - I think you had a really wonderful experience. I think T and S brought out a book which I have seen - I shall go and look at it tomorrow.
    Thanks for sharing all your lovely pictures -you look beautiful and modern .

Thank you! At least, I don't look like a potato bag anymore... lol

Love the new look Baldufita! We don't have a C&A over here any more.
    Your hair colour is fab and your glasses look very chic. Do you have any other
    pics of outfits they chose for you?

Not of outfits I got, but I can put several outfits together with what I learned and with the clothing I already have (which in I now fit!)... I will post a couple during the day, as I'm still in my PJs...

Wow !!! Baldufita, I love, love you hair!
    Last edited by Jasper; 28th February 2010 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks, Jasper!!! I love it too!!!

You look fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself - I sure hope you take some credit for the transformation!

Did you mention when it is supposed to be broadcast? I've never watched the UK version, but I will certainly go out of my way to see it now!

eta - those shoes are incredible - love them! And they look like they'll be perfect with that outfit.

Oh, one more thing - did they make you cry?
    Last edited by Evangeline; 28th February 2010 at 02:32 PM.