Code of Conduct

Default St. Johns Bay West Indian Lime

Last night, I came across a tester of St. Johns Bay West Indian Lime that was only five dollars, so I had to snap it up. I was pleasantly surprised to smell, along with a nice lime top note, quite a bit of vetiver. Compared to other West Indian Lime colognes that I have tried (mainly Crabtree & Evelyn), it appears to have more going on. It does not have the complexity, say, of Guerlain Vetiver, but it is more than just lime juice. However, it is barely noticeable after a half-hour.

What do you think of St. Johns Bay, especially compared to Trumper's or Truefitt & Hill?

Default Re: St. Johns Bay West Indian Lime

I was just in an Evelyn and Crabtree store last week and smelled that fragrance and a couple others. West Indian Lime was my favorite of the three they had. It kinda reminded me of another scent that escapes me right now. But it did smell nice and especially for $5.

Your Crabtree & Evelyn is still open? Mine closed within a week of the news that they were filing for bankruptcy.

Thanks for the recommendation! I love old-timey men's fragrances. Haven't found a really good lime yet. I'll have to give this one a try.

Price is right, at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    ...What do you think of St. Johns Bay, especially compared to Trumper's or Truefitt & Hill?
    My husband wears both the St. Johns and the Truefitt & Hill lime fragrances. He likes them equally, and so do I.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    My husband wears both the St. Johns and the Truefitt & Hill lime fragrances. He likes them equally, and so do I.
    Cool! Do you mean that you like them on him, or that you borrow them sometimes? I would think that lime is pretty unisex.

I have to retract my statement about being short-lived, though. After work yesterday, I went to taekwondo as usual. As I warmed up, I could smell a distinctly nutmeggy scent. I am guessing that there is some spicy base upon which the lime and vetiver are resting. Overall, a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Cool! Do you mean that you like them on him, or that you borrow them sometimes? I would think that lime is pretty unisex.
    Actually, I meant that I like them on him, but you have given me an idea for summer. Thanks! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Actually, I meant that I like them on him, but you have given me an idea for summer. Thanks! :-)
    You're welcome! I see on the St. Johns web site that they have a "West Indian Lime and Floral" especially for women, too: https://www.stjohnsbayrum.com/ForWomen.asp

I think that you'd have to like vetiver to like the St. Johns West Indian Lime, but, if I am not mistaken, vetiver colognes are some of the most popular men's fragrances to be borrowed by discerning women.