Code of Conduct

Default Forhead Wrinkle Creams?

I have a HUUGEE wrinkle on my forehead. I understand and realize that it probably won't go away, but I was wondering if there are any wrinkle creams out there that can really help reduce visibility? Btw I'm only 16.
    Last edited by crimedawg40; 23rd March 2010 at 10:03 PM.

Hillaire

Default Re: Forhead Wrinkle Creams?

Oh, goodness! If you are sixteen, I can guarantee you this neither a "wrinkle" nor anything to be worried about. Some people really do have natural lines, which aren't wrinkles but creases on their foreheads and beside their mouths. I always did. And it looks just fine, really! I remember my gorgeous cousin having a couple of forehead marks and freaking a little at your age, but obviously no one noticed it and only she was concerned.
    If your skin is particularly dry-feeling, though, it could not hurt to moisturize your skin with something gentle, like a Nutrogena product. But really, don't worry about that! And don't invest in wrinkle creams!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Oh, goodness! If you are sixteen, I can guarantee you this neither a "wrinkle" nor anything to be worried about. Some people really do have natural lines, which aren't wrinkles but creases on their foreheads and beside their mouths. I always did. And it looks just fine, really! I remember my gorgeous cousin having a couple of forehead marks and freaking a little at your age, but obviously no one noticed it and only she was concerned.
    If your skin is particularly dry-feeling, though, it could not hurt to moisturize your skin with something gentle, like a Nutrogena product. But really, don't worry about that! And don't invest in wrinkle creams!
    I thank you for the post of reassurance, it means a lot. But as a stubborn sixteen year old, I'd really just appreciate some recommendations of products available. I used to have some stuff for it a long time ago that I applied at night and I felt it really helped a lot, but I ran out and forgot the name. When the visibility is reduced, it really helps boost my self esteem and I feel a lot better.

Hillaire

Well, I prefer Guinot 888 Antirides cremes (the night one is stronger), and you can locate them affordably, not a massive expenditure.

Ohh my if you're 16, that probably isn't a wrinkle (I'm 16 as well). I can't really reccomend something because I'm not using any anti-aging products but I did read somewhere that generally products that contain retinol (that's a form of vitamin A) are useful for reducing the appearance of wrinkles. So you could look for those..I've also heard some good things about Relastin. Hope it helps!

Oh trust me it's a wrinkle lol. I think it's the way I hold my face a lot, along with facial expressions. I often catch myself and hold my face normally though now, but it's definitely a LARGE wrinkle.

Thank you for the very informative posts guys! Let's keep 'em coming

Can 16 year olds get Botox ? Honestly , Im sure that you have absolutely nothing to worry about ....

Basenotes Plus

hiya crimedawg40
    Make sure you are using sunscreen overall and not just focusing on that one wrinkle, so you can avoid future problems..
    Is your forehead wrinkle horizontal above eyebrows, or vertical, more between the eyes? If vertical make sure you have your vision checked because eyestrain can cause that one. Also, are you getting enough sleep? That could exacerbate the situation.

Good luck

If you've formed a wrinkle on that spot at such an early age, you may want to try retraining the muscles responsible for making the facial expression that led to the wrinkle. These things are a little strange to look at, but they really do work if used each and every night for a few months: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIbkHvBy7qA
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    If you've formed a wrinkle on that spot at such an early age, you may want to try retraining the muscles responsible for making the facial expression that led to the wrinkle. These things are a little strange to look at, but they really do work if used each and every night for a few months: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIbkHvBy7qA
    They look pretty legitimate, I'll definitely be looking more into this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    hiya crimedawg40
    Make sure you are using sunscreen overall and not just focusing on that one wrinkle, so you can avoid future problems..
    Is your forehead wrinkle horizontal above eyebrows, or vertical, more between the eyes? If vertical make sure you have your vision checked because eyestrain can cause that one. Also, are you getting enough sleep? That could exacerbate the situation.

Good luck
    It is horizontal, and my sleep hours range from 6-8 hours of sleep. Is that enough?