Code of Conduct

Default Purple Water at the Maxx.....

Today I found a 1.7 spray of Asprey Purple Water at T.J. Maxx......Yes!!!!!
    Gary

Default Re: Purple Water at the Maxx.....

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Today I found a 1.7 spray of Asprey Purple Water at T.J. Maxx......Yes!!!!!
    Gary
    Ack! You're going down, G! I spent something like $60 on that (it might be a larger size) at Nordies during the summer. Argh!!!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

I checked Nordy's site and the 1.7 oz. is $75.00.......Ouch......At the Maxx a 1.7 is $14.99....I almost passed out when I saw this....
    And by the way.....I found it on the Women's Fragrance Tower.....That's one thing about the Maxx.....You have to look at it all.....that's for sure.
    I paid full price for B*Men when it 1st came out. Now that metal Flask can be purchased for $24.99......makes me sick......Gary

I saw Purple Water at the Maxx today when i bought the Tumulte...might go back tomorrow at get that, too. At $15.00, why not?
    Last edited by knightowl; 30th November 2007 at 01:00 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Thanks for the heads up. I got a bottle at the said price. I also saw S.T. Dupont L'Eau at the same price. Since both are relatively unknown, the cellophane wrappings are intact and none of the boxes are open like the other more popular brands.

The only way I will purchase anything at the Maxx is if it is still wrapped. I believe You hit the nail right on the head......the fragrances that are unknown are not opened....this is good for us that's for sure.
    I want to Thank any and all who give TJ Maxx updates. Many of my fragrances have been purchased at TJ Maxx.....and I would have never known about them without Basenotes.
    My all-time prized find at TJ Maxx is Dinner by Bobo.....I would never have purchased this without reading about it here at Basenotes.....Trussardi Skin, Purple Water, Tumulte PH, Pecksniff's Leather, Salvador Dali PH are some of my prized purchases.
    I also purchased 2 or 3 Sets of Lanvin's Eclat for my Wife.....Again Thanks to all for those up-dates and Thanks to all at Basenotes for Loving Fragrance and sharing their thoughts and knowledge.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up both Tumulte & Purple water today. May go back for more Purple Water. Tumulte reminds me Gucci Rush and that's a very good thing!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Post Thanks / Like

My Maxx stopped selling frags awhile back. I still don't know why. Been to two locations in the area (Denver) and neither carry frags. I'm missing out on all the excitement.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 2nd December 2007 at 07:27 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    My Maxx stopped selling frags awhile back. I still don't know why. Been to two locations in the area (Denver) and neither carry frags. I'm missing out on all the excitement.
    I am not 100% positive, but it is my understandling that Marshall's is supplied out of the same warehouse as T.J. Maxx.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I am not 100% positive, but it is my understandling that Marshall's is supplied out of the same warehouse as T.J. Maxx.
    I think I went to a Marshall's long ago too. Didn't know they were supplied by the same warehouse, but I knew they sold similar products to Maxx. They didn't have scents either. Maybe the Maxx/Marshalls Regional Manager decided that Colorado doesn't buy enough fragrances? No one else seems to have this issue.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

TJMaxx and Marshalls are both subs of TJX Companies, Inc. Chances are, if something's at TJMaxx, then it will be at Marshalls in the same town.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had a problem converting the bottle from a spray to a splash? It shows how on the box top but I cannot get it to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Schuller

I didn't even know it converts to a splash until you asked. I checked mine and here's how it works. While holding the cap down, turn it counterclockwise as you would normally open a bottle cap. The spray pump will remain attached to the cap and you now have a splash. Put it back on as you would normally close a bottle cap and the cap will detach from the spray pump as you gently continue turning after it tightens. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuller View Post
    Has anyone had a problem converting the bottle from a spray to a splash? It shows how on the box top but I cannot get it to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Talking Re: Purple Water at the Maxx.....

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Picked up both Tumulte & Purple water today. May go back for more Purple Water. Tumulte reminds me Gucci Rush and that's a very good thing!
    LOL, you inspired me to do the same thing. Picked up a 100ml of Purple Water, 50ml Tumulte PH, and yet another 30ml of Lanvin Vetiver.

I tried the Tumulte today and Nowsmellthis said it best

"Tumulte certainly won’t win any awards for originality. But if you’d like to smell like an exotic temple, a carved wooden chest, or for those with less imagination, a shoe tree, Tumulte will make a great choice."

It's pretty much 93% Cedar, with small amounts of juniper and insense to give it character. Tumulte is basicly a cedar soliflore or maybe a solibois?

Post Thanks / Like

Okay...I finally got my bottle to convert from a spray to a splash! Thanks for the info...

Schuller

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I found the lone bottle in my Marshall's. It's the 3.4 OZ Spray. ONLY $19.99!!

I can remember paying around $70 for the 1.7 at Nordie's.

I love discount stores...

Post Thanks / Like

i picked up a bottle today(50ml 15$) ,it smells to feminine for me so im giving it to my mom as an x-mas present..
    Last edited by Sammy_Koelle; 10th December 2007 at 07:07 PM.

I picked up a 50 mL bottle today at the Maxx. I bought it blind based on this thread and others which proclaimed it a diamond in the rough.

I put it on and for the first few minutes the scent was disappointingly feminine. As it dried down, however, it became more subtle, somewhat like Burberry Touch does, and I can see wearing this in warmer times. For better or for worse, there's not much sillage or lasting power. I think it's a good thing, because the scent remains subtle; if it didn't, I'd smell like a flower all day and I don't think that will impress too many women.

I prefer Acqua di Parma Colonia to this, but that's a lot more expensive. It will be a great day indeed when I find ADP in a TJ Maxx. Also a cold day in hell, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I also pick up a bottle today, gotta love the Maxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy_Koelle View Post
    i picked up a bottle today(50ml 15$) ,it smells to feminine for me so im giving it to my mom as an x-mas present..
    rethink, rethink! On the drydown it smells like a classic barbershop lime or lemon frag; very nostalgic...i agree, up front it smells fem, but give it another chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Scored a 100mL for $19.99 at Marshalls Boston! A nice EDC to spray on after a shower. I'll reserve further judgement until I smell how it develops.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Post Thanks / Like

Grabbed me a bottle for $15 today. Going to save it for the spring.
    -iStink

Post Thanks / Like

Ack, I was at the Marshall's in Boston a couple of weeks ago and didn't see it there. I guess a return visit is in order.
    My current top 10: Richard James; Clive Christian No. 1 for Men; L'Artisan Voleur de Roses; Creed Aventus, Erolfa, Santal Imperial, Virgin Island Water, and Windsor; Serge Lutens Chergui and Gris Clair

"It is never to late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Post Thanks / Like

Got myself the very last bottle of Purple Water (a 1.7 oz) at the local TJ Maxx today for $14.99... an absolute steal when Von Maur sells it for $75.

I'll be wearing it tomorrow...
    Last edited by MFfan310; 26th December 2007 at 07:05 PM.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading this thread, I decided to stop by my local TJ Maxx on the way home from work last night. Scored the following:

Purple Water 1.7 oz. $15
    B*men 3.4 oz $25
    Burberry Weekend 1.7 oz $25
    Shalimar EDT .5 oz $13

It ended up being a more costly detour than expected, but I'm quite happy with my finds.

I am bumping this thread to generate interest/comment for Purple Water by Asprey. I read in the archives that the_good_life calls this scent suitable for a dandy, so I lost my self control and starting pondering opening my wallet...again. Prices vary for this on the Internet.

Anyone have experience with this scent? It appears to be a nice warm weather 19th century-style eau de Cologne.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.