Code of Conduct

Default Montale's GREYLAND. BO smell?

I just wanna know others opinion about Greyland... do you guys think it smells like BO or is it just me? because i think the mixed between leather and rock rose creates such smell that somehow in my opinion resemble middle eastern man BO and some rose deodorant(*no offence), it's weirdly masculine scent but the drydown and silage a little bit strange to me

Default Re: Montale's GREYLAND. BO smell?

I remember testing Greyland several months ago and did not get anything related to BO. I just got non-stop cedar like Gucci pour Homme.

Which reminds me, I should retest a lot of the samples I picked up at the beginning of this fragrance hobby to see if my perceptions have changed. A lot of times they do.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 7th March 2010 at 11:32 PM.

I get a cumin note in Greyland that tends to smell like BO but I still like it
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Funny I don't detect any cedar smell at all, more intense sophisticated leather scent. I used to wear Gucci Pour Homme 1, few bottles, I think Le Labo Vetiver 46 is like the twin brother of GPH1.

strange isn't it? there's something raging and subtle about this perfume even though it reminds me of BO..., and i like it haha... just don't want people to think that it's BO that I'm wearing instead of perfume

I get pepper, mostly.

I pick up the cumin note as well but find it quite appealing. Strong masculine mix with the cedar. Good frag. Drys down nicely with a creamy satin undertone.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    I remember testing Greyland several months ago and did not get anything related to BO. I just got non-stop cedar like Gucci pour Homme.

Which reminds me, I should retest a lot of the samples I picked up at the beginning of this fragrance hobby to see if my perceptions have changed. A lot of times they do.
    Greyland is one of those fragrances that smell markedly different when dabbed onto the skin vs being sprayed. The first time I tried Greyland all I got was a slightly spicy cedat but after I sprayed it the cumin really did jump out to be the dominant note for much of this frags life cycle on the skin.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Three things struck me in greyland: black pepper, cumin, and elemi. I suspect cumin is giving you that BO impression.

I get a strong Cedar note,and can pick up other woody notes. Sandalwood can surly be detected, as well as guaiac wood, and Vetiver, and also pepper, and a touch of Leather. I can detect no cumin, must be my nose? Not for everyone for sure, but on occasion I enjoy wearing this fragrance.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Smells like L'Artisan Timbuktu to me.

It smells like B.O. because theres too much cumin in the formula...badly handled, unbalanced cumin with cedary woodsiness which strangles the nicely arranged base accord of rock rose, cardamom and benzoin.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    It smells like B.O. because theres too much cumin in the formula...badly handled, unbalanced cumin with cedary woodsiness which strangles the nicely arranged base accord of rock rose, cardamom and benzoin.
    I'd say that on different skins some notes will be more pronounced than others, so obviously it doesn't work on yours since you get alot of the cumin. Doesn;t mean its a badly handled/composed scent cause on me I do get the cumin but its not overpowering at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    I pick up the cumin note as well but find it quite appealing. Strong masculine mix with the cedar. Good frag. Drys down nicely with a creamy satin undertone.
    thats exactly what I get too and I love it