Code of Conduct

Default Didn't recognize a fragrance you own on someone else?

So this weekend, I pick up an old friend of mine to carpool to church. So he gets in the car, and his cologne hits my nose immediately. I tell him I like what he's wearing, warn him that he can't come into my car smelling better than me, and then ask him what he was wearing. So the poor lad has no clue, but tells me whatever it is, it was a gift from his father, he left it on the piano, and the next time he sees me, he'll tell me what it is. So later that evening, I stop by his house to return something of his. He's not there, but his family members are. So I go into the house, see the piano, and am shocked to see a bottle of Avon's Mesmerize! I couldn't believe it! It smelled much different on him than I remember it smelling on me. On him, it had an Chanel Egoiste smell to it...I just remembered thinking wow, that's nice, kinda formal, and definetely spicey. And I thought it smelled somewhat familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Anyways, I still have my very neglected bottle of Mesmerize, and you know that evening, I had to put some on! But I thought it was quite interesting that I smelled and liked the fragrance on him, but didn't even recognize it.

Any similar stories?

Default Re: Didn't recognize a fragrance you own on someone else?

I've always wondered about this kind of thing. Everytime I smell cologne on someone else I never recognize it, unless it might by AdG. I'm kind of glad though since I want most of what I own to be different from what most people have (in this city anyway).

Or is it?

Default Re: Didn't recognize a fragrance you own on someone else?

Last summer I was having dinner with a buddy and we were seated outside. Suddenly I was getting whiffs of an amazing sandalwood fragrance. Turns out he was wearing Tiffany for Men. I own Tiffany for Men, but I have to wonder if it smells that amazing on me.
    Snarky is as snarky does.