Code of Conduct

Default Escada Homme-GREAT reviews, is it another GIO or Cool Water though?

What I am wondering is that if Escada Homme got such great reviews, is it also "played out" and worn by all the usual club, bar and/or Jersey Shore clones running around out there?

Thanks, smell ya later!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Escada Homme-GREAT reviews, is it another GIO or Cool Water though?

Escada Homme has been one of my very favorites since its inception in 1993. I especially adored it in the eau de parfum variant which, regretfully, has been discontinued. To this day, I feel Escada Homme edp was one of the most beautiful men's perfumes ever created. The eau de toilette is gorgeous and manly, too, albeit in a much lighter way.

I find Escada to be a scent of refinement and class and meant to be worn by those in their 30's or older. It's not a club frag by any means, imo, like A*Men and Le Male. It has too much panache for that kind of scene. I find it comforting and appropriate to wear on an evening dinner date or other special event or even a daytime business meeting. It's for men with confidence and assurance, but not cockiness or arrogance. In short, Escada Homme is a gentleman who exudes class.
    Last edited by Atlanta1; 24th March 2010 at 03:47 AM.

Default Re: Escada Homme-GREAT reviews, is it another GIO or Cool Water though?

Quote Originally Posted by HighDesertCo View Post
    What I am wondering is that if Escada Homme got such great reviews, is it also "played out" and worn by all the usual club, bar and/or Jersey Shore clones running around out there?

Thanks, smell ya later!
    Nice post and welcome to Basenotes. I think Atlanta1 gave a very nice response, but I will add ..

Is Escada Homme player out ? Heck no. I never smell it on anyone. Most likely because it does come across as a bit early 1990s smelling ( READ : dated). But that doesn't mean one can feel out of place by wearing it. I was too young to wear fragrance in the early 90s, but I don't mind wearing Escada Homme now. A pretty decent fragrance, if you ask me.

I do find it is more on the formal side, so my decant does not get alot of use. I tend to wear casual. Although in winter I can get away with it more easily. I see bottles for less than $20 ! That is pretty good, eh ?

PS : Since summer is comming up, I'm getting ready to see all the "Jersey Shore clones" here. LOL. They crack me up.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !