Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: I acclaim edt at higher concentration

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, you´re welcome

37 84.09%
  • NO, ugh

7 15.91%

Exclamation The return of the powerhouses - Kouros go for extrait ?

Hi basenoters,

To me, most of the so called powerhouses seem to be watered down, appear as quite gentle scents in our days.
    Apart from economical reasons, I wonder if this dilution is also a zeitgeist phenomenon, is there no need for stronger scents?
    So I want to ask you basenoters, scent aficionados all over the world, would you welcome the return of the powerhouses, appreciate edt to be higher concentrated, or at least more edp versions for men?
    Give me your vote please,
    Ciao

p.s.: Thanks and greetings to shamu1, being inspired by his AZZARO powerhouse poll.

Default Re: The return of the powerhouses - Kouros go for extrait ?

Hermes have tried set a precedent with their parfum version of Terre d'Hermes, hopefully it will catch on.
    Imagine a parfum / extrait Kouros!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I love strong/loud fragrances. In almost every instance, if there is an edp version of a fragrance that I like, I tend to buy that instead of the edt.

We can wear the so called 'powerhouses' lightly so they don't appear to be offensive and can spray them with abandon when we wish to leave a mark.
    However with the diluted juices that they sell these days, no matter how much you spray they tend to disappear quickly.

Some may say that I am living in the past.......Excellent! I would rather live with fragrances composed in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s; all of which have chutzpah and character, as opposed to the weak, 'trendy' Dreck marketed during the past 15 years.

Oh...sorry...if you really want to know how I feel, please see my wardrobe: http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/34101

Servus!
    Last edited by SillageMonger; 24th March 2010 at 10:38 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Powerhouses are the way to go.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Honestly, I couldn't give a damn if a lot of today's fragrances were in more concentrated form. What the hell use is a more concentrated version of Allure Homme Fresh Sport Energy Blue to me??

Seriously, I don't dismiss all current day scents, because there are always gems out there, but I'm with perfaddict and SillageMonger in that I wear a lot of 70s and 80s fragrances.
    Last edited by shamu1; 24th March 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Sorry, english is`nt my native language..
    What I want to express is not the need for multiple versions of an edt (JOOP FOR DOGS HAUTE CONCENTRATION), but the simple edt of a scent should be more concentrated, as in former days, so that I could enjoy it for more than one or two hours sans digging my nose in the skin or shirt.

The Smell Nazis will not allow such perfumery. Well-diluted edt only, please, or face legal penalties.
    Last edited by vonMises; 25th March 2010 at 03:41 PM.

I'm relatively new to this hobby (quickly becoming obsession) so I'm not sure what my opinion's worth. I'm relatively young but I really appreciate frags with some freakin' substance. Whether it be 70's, 80's, or current. Just so happens the 70's & 80's were more consistent with it. I've recently discovered many new frags, TdH being one of them. Yea, it was great. I was also, though, lucky enough to recently acquire a 5ml bottle of TdH PURE PARFUM. Oh my goodness, it's amazing! Totally different than the edt (obviously, I guess). I obviously don't apply the same amount of it that I would the edt, so it's not like I'm walking around just radiating fumes (monster sillage, I believe y'all call it). I wouldn't say the sillage is any stronger, and maybe I'm the only one who can tell the difference, but the fragrance is just so much more quality. So much richer, warmer, just pure. Simply beautiful. Anyway, I don't know what point I'm trying to make. I guess I could have just said, "yes, I'd like more edp's." Hope everybody's having a good day.

Nail the smell nazis.

We could get past them, if we apply the powerhouses appropriately. And yes, I do welcome it if EDTs become more concentrated. I can do with just one spray of Kouros instead of two!
    Last edited by HammerFist; 25th March 2010 at 06:10 PM.

A Kouros EDP would be great. 15-20 sprays and I still can't smell it after an hour.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    A Kouros EDP would be great. 15-20 sprays and I still can't smell it after an hour.

Welcome to BaseNotes, Asmo!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Very funny! April 1 is not until next week. Kouros EDP would be more like 1 spray and you would still smell it next week!!!

I favor EdP over EdT and EdC as a general rule. Parfum is more variable, and I've never understood why something that's often just marginally stronger than an EdP can cost so much more per ml.

Where is this Kouros Extrait ? I want some

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Very funny! April 1 is not until next week. Kouros EDP would be more like 1 spray and you would still smell it next week!!!
    Dry skin my friend.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by seasoldiermarine View Post
    Where is this Kouros Extrait ? I want some
    I'll take one too please!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A stronger version of Kouros??? Eeeeewwwwwww Grosssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO Shamu

you might want to see a doctor. it's some of the strongest shit there is.

hell of a fragrance btw. best used in moderation.

Asmo,

that is not normal. it is probably adaption taking effect, meaning your nose is blocking it out. you should check with people around you, if they can smell it.

can you smell other things fairly well in general? if not, good sense of smell is mostly a matter of training. being anosmic is a very rare condition.
    Last edited by gido; 11th April 2010 at 11:07 PM.

Dude- that must be a "played out" bottle. I have dry skin, but 15-20 sprays and they would evacuate my building.