Code of Conduct

Default Creed from Parfums Raffy

So I've never ordered from Parfums Raffy before but 2 weeks ago I ordered a 250 ml flacon of Creed Cypres Musc. I know this is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere else. Before shipping they did call me and told me there is a possibility of Creed flacons leaking. I've had a lot of Creed Flacons shipped and only had them leak a small amount if they leaked at all. Yesterday I received my purchase and it leaked big time! They took off the leather cover on the flacon and wrapped the top of the bottle in plastic and tape. There is only about 60% left in the bottle. This was a $345 purchase and they no longer have it listed for sale on their website. I just emailed their customer service and asked if anything can be done.

What should I do? Return it, assuming they will even return it? Keep it since it is discontinued now?
    Has anyone had this experience from Parfums Raffy?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Banned

Default Re: Creed from Parfums Raffy

Hell yes, return it! You said it's lost 40% (100ml) That is really unacceptable at $345, no matter if it's discontinued or not.
    Last edited by teger; 24th March 2010 at 11:18 AM.

Well they did call to tell you that it might leak. You must in some way have been aware of the fact that it might leak as well. If I were you, I would keep it but let them know. At best they'll tell you they warned you.
    Regards,
    Jani

"It is easy to find something to die for. What do you have to live for?"
    The First One.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    So I've never ordered from Parfums Raffy before but 2 weeks ago I ordered a 250 ml flacon of Creed Cypres Musc. I know this is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere else. Before shipping they did call me and told me there is a possibility of Creed flacons leaking. I've had a lot of Creed Flacons shipped and only had them leak a small amount if they leaked at all. Yesterday I received my purchase and it leaked big time! They took off the leather cover on the flacon and wrapped the top of the bottle in plastic and tape. There is only about 60% left in the bottle. This was a $345 purchase and they no longer have it listed for sale on their website. I just emailed their customer service and asked if anything can be done.

What should I do? Return it, assuming they will even return it? Keep it since it is discontinued now?
    Has anyone had this experience from Parfums Raffy?
    I NEVER had problems with leaking of QUALITY perfumes.

But an other thought. If there is no liquid in the package, or some horrible smell of CREED in there, it is sure that the Raffies knew that the bottle was not fully filled BEFORE they have sent it. That would be plain fraud.

Get clear! Is there some liquid or smell of CREED left in the parcel or not? If not => a criminal fraud.
    Last edited by merry.waters; 24th March 2010 at 11:53 AM.

I have order 75ml bottles of Creed from them several times. They have all been ok. Only once there was a problem. They sendt me an e-mail and told me the bottle they should send me (the last bottle in stock) was damaged, so they had to wait for a new one. It took several weeks before i received it. As a comfort, they give me a 10% off on next purchase. - The box had been opened, and the folder with the creed history was missing. I think they had checked the bottle to make shure that everyting was ok. And thats ok with me!
    -I trust this company because it`s a autorized creed dealer, and you must pay full price..
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 24th March 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Are you willing to pay US$345 for 150ml juice? If you are then you can choose to keep the flacon since they don't have a replacement flacon anyways.
    If you can live without Cyprus Musc and wait for it to reappear somewhere else, then you should return the flacon.

It's just sad that Creed flacons are so susceptible to leakage during shipment. Perhaps it was a mistake on their part to remove that leather cover and replace it with tape. If that leather cover is tightened around the neck, it is the best precaution one can take to avoid leakage.

Blog Entries

Parfums Raffy is pretty reasonable. I'm sure they will work something out when you tell them about the extensive leakage. A partial refund should be in order if you decide to keep the 60% juice.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Partial refund is advised. I've ordered from them before - no problems to date.

An aside: how is Cyprus Musc? You like?

The box is stained from liquid and their is a definite smell of it. It doesn't seem like 100 ml spilled out of the bottle though.
    Another weird thing is the box says Cypres Musk, not Musc. I've never seen it spelled like that.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

Creed flacons always leak. Look at my post on Windsor where I show pics of my 2 flacons from Creed New york. They both lost about 20% of their liquid. I just ordered another flacon of Creed from Le Sentaurs and it came 15% leaked. Lots of people all around the country have received their Sublime Vanille's where they leaked about 20% and the caps broken. this is a constant Creed problem that even their sales reps complain about. Has nothing to do with any of the companies who sell the line.

Basenotes Plus

Wow! I had no idea this was an issue. Thanks for the heads up.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Creed flacons always leak. Look at my post on Windsor where I show pics of my 2 flacons from Creed New york. They both lost about 20% of their liquid. I just ordered another flacon of Creed from Le Sentaurs and it came 15% leaked. Lots of people all around the country have received their Sublime Vanille's where they leaked about 20% and the caps broken. this is a constant Creed problem that even their sales reps complain about. Has nothing to do with any of the companies who sell the line.
    If any other product has packaging or container defect failure rates similar to these Creed flacon failures, the company would have its engineers redesign the packaging/containers to significantly reduce failures.

So when is Creed going to take this problem seriously and invest in a design that can be shipped reliably?
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 24th March 2010 at 04:38 PM.

Since the flacons are old world, the mode of transportation should also be old world: via horse and carriage to ensure no leakage..
    -

To be on topic:

I have ordered flacons from scentiments.com, ebay, and bergdorfs and have never had anything except minimal leakage. The 40-60% sounds outrageous.
    -

The box is stained from liquid and their is a definite smell of it. It doesn't seem like 100 ml spilled out of the bottle though.
    Another weird thing is the box says Cypres Musk, not Musc. I've never seen it spelled like that.
    May be it's bogus. I would return the bottle, take full refund including shipping and just avoid CREED subsequently. Maybe You are not the first one to return that certain bottle, and the loss added up to that You experience now.

Az, 40% loss is outrageous. You yourself have shipped Creed Flacon bottles (one to me, in fact) and nothing like that happened. Why would you be able to send something and Parfums Raffy can't? I don't think they're absolved of responsibility simply by the phone call. They'd be absolved is the problem is 1 or 2 ml, but not 100 or 50 times that.

Preposterous that they'd expect their phone call to be telling you might be buying just over half a bottle.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Uh-oh. . . misspelled fragrance name often, very often, = fake. I'm scared. . .

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Uh-oh. . . misspelled fragrance name often, very often, = fake. I'm scared. . .
    Well, Cypres-Musc has a unique inimitible smell and I trust Azsmells can tell us if it is the real thing. (If not, I trust he can get a sample).

I don't think there have been any reports of fake cypres-musc to date.

Here is a pic that I posted a while ago of my Windsor that I got directly shipped from the Creed New York store.

http://img214.imageshack.us/i/photouu.jpg/

Well I got a response from Parfums Raffy and they offered me a 50% discount on any of their Creeds. I replied and told them I don't want to purchase anything else and would like a 50% refund or would like to return the bottle for a full refund. Let's see what their reply is.

Parfums Raffy responded to my partial refund request with this. I'm happy with their customer service and think its a fair offer.

"I can issue a 40% refund considering that's the amount that leaked. This is why we tell customers in advance and only ship when we get consent from our customer in advance. But customer satisfaction is important to us so I can extend the offer to you. Please let me know what you decide."

Parfums Raffy responded to my partial refund request with this. I'm happy with their customer service and think its a fair offer.

"I can issue a 40% refund considering that's the amount that leaked. This is why we tell customers in advance and only ship when we get consent from our customer in advance. But customer satisfaction is important to us so I can extend the offer to you. Please let me know what you decide."
    Very glad to hear this. THIS exemplifies quality customer service. It certainly makes me feel better about giving them my money.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Parfums Raffy is a good place. I haggled with them a bit prior to ordering and got a ton of samples included for free with a high dollar purchase. A win win situation, I think, as I now want some of those sampled scents and will likely get them from Parfums Raffy.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to shed some light on our damaged item policy. Please note that partial refunds are not our normal policy as we are not permitted to do so since we're an authorized CREED retailer. It was appropriate for this instance because the fragrance was discontinued and could not be replaced. Our policy regarding damaged bottles (including leakage) is to replace the damaged item with a new one.

Since the posting of this thread we've received requests for price adjustments and I didn't want readers to be misled into believing that price adjustments are a standard policy. Thanks again to all of our basenotes customers for your 10+ years of support. We will continue to do our best to provide the service you deserve and will ensure you get top quality products when shopping at our store or our web site.

Raffy
    Parfums Raffy
    http://www.parfumsraffy.com