Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Are there really any good cheapies?

All of the following are easily found for under 15 bucks.

Everlast Original 1910
    Cuba Gold/Red
    BOD Body Heat
    Zirh Corduroy
    IZOD for men
    Perry Ellis m
    I refuse to sink.

Grey Flannel
    Tabac Original
    Daniel Hechter Caractere

Bruno Banani Magic Man - cheap, but doesn't smell cheap at all, very good evening fragrance.

Oriflame Soul - nice copy of Hugo by Hugo Boss

Oriflame Ascendant - never tried it, but heard very positive opinions about this one.

Most cheap fragrances are not good. Because they are cheap, they have cheap ingredients too.
    But there are exceptions like:
    The original Old Spice (vintage)
    The original Brut
    Axe Dark Temptation (the only Axe I like)
    Many basenoters consider Yves Saint Laurent fragrances cheap, but they are VERY well made, and last at least 8 hours.
    That's all, for now.

I think the three fragrances which smell much more expensive than they cost and are worthy of 5-Stars are Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel - quite linear but so distinctive, fresh and green with bags of staying power. Puig Quorum - wearing it now! Great aromatic, mossy old-school fougere - apply sparingly and it's wonderful! Last but certainly not least - Giorgio Beverly Hills Men - wow! Beautiful, warm, comforting and luxurious with unrivalled sillage and longevity from 1 or 2 sprays - happiness in a bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    I think the three fragrances which smell much more expensive than they cost and are worthy of 5-Stars are Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel - quite linear but so distinctive, fresh and green with bags of staying power. Puig Quorum - wearing it now! Great aromatic, mossy old-school fougere - apply sparingly and it's wonderful! Last but certainly not least - Giorgio Beverly Hills Men - wow! Beautiful, warm, comforting and luxurious with unrivalled sillage and longevity from 1 or 2 sprays - happiness in a bottle!
    All very good suggestions. Right on!

Cool Water by Davidoff is pretty cheap
    A king is not put in a palace before it is adorned. A heart's treasure is unlocked only when that heart is purified.

Another vote for the two Beene frags, and the old Faberge Brut. The current one is okay, but closer to vintage Brut 33 than regular Brut. I'll also add Tabac to the list. It's on the more expensive side of cheap, but still cheap in the grand scheme of things.

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur gets lots of love round these parts, and it can be had for silly money on the 'Bay. I'm still not entirely convinced on it yet, but my relationship with it is in very early days, having only worn it once.

Along with all the great frags mentioned in this Post, Agua Brava and Agua Lavanda. 2 Classics by Puig