Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Creed Royal Delight...opinions?

Add me to those that find this pleasing and easy to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    I'll be glad to give it to my wife, though.
    Do they allow polygamy where you live? Just sayin'. *examines road atlas*

Along with 'A Taste of Heaven' which is heavier, this is heaven in a bottle, pure Delight. I wear this easily on a hot summer evening/night. Awesome.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

root beer lol

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    root beer lol
    LOL! Yes, the vanilla gives it a "root beer" or "cream soda" touch.

Still, I adore the jasmine gourmand of Royal Delight.
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

"The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    LOL! Yes, the vanilla gives it a "root beer" or "cream soda" touch.

Still, I adore the jasmine gourmand of Royal Delight.
    it is a sweet frag, very interesting one, my brother loves it.

Wore this one today... I simply love it!
    Good longevity and smells great.
    My wife told me twice that I smelled good...
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

I get notes of [this is my ultra-sophisticated, highly articulate nose talking] too much odd stuff crammed together that really doesn't belong together. It's like when you go to dinner at a friend's house who's an "adventurous" cook, and they toss a bunch of odd, mismatched flavors together that really don't work at all. Worse, it's like the point where they say, "Do you like my cooking? See, aren't I a good cook?" About that time you want to tell them "Stop it. Try getting some legit recipes or something. No more experimenting in the kitchen for you."

The dry down is wonderful. I owned it at one point but unable to get past the 'scotch tape' note.

I haven't tried this one in a while, but I remember disliking it and finding it pretty far on the feminine end of the spectrum. I wouldn't even consider it unisex.

I am a big fan of Creed. But this one not so much. "scotch tape" nailed it. I haven't yet tried in on my skin but it smells chemically from the bottle. And too feminine. Just my opinion. Still a big fan of the Creed house.

Quote Originally Posted by FlintLiddon View Post
    I am a big fan of Creed. But this one not so much. "scotch tape" nailed it. I haven't yet tried in on my skin but it smells chemically from the bottle. And too feminine. Just my opinion. Still a big fan of the Creed house.
    If one only smells a fragrance from the bottle, then one really has not tried a scent.

I recommend spraying on skin or at least a mouillette. Then one is a sufficiently informed to make a thoroughly sound opinion.

The initial spray of, say, the much-vaunted Tabarome, is sickening in its gag-inducing metallic note, akin to shaved aluminum and a heavy dose of fresh ginger. Allowing the full dry-down gives the full impression of the scent.
    "...put on clothes that are well-scented with incense. Even if you’re somewhere where no one special will see you, you still feel a heady sense of pleasure inside." Things that make your heart beat fast (translated by Meredith McKinney), Sei Shonagon. The Pillow Book.

"The sunset is deeper and longer. The scent of the jasmine is stronger." Miracles. Pet Shop Boys

I absolutely adore Royal Delight. 2 sprays and I am good for the whole day. Gets me compliments quite often too!

Id be curious to hear from some of you in regard to this bearing any close similarity to Chanels Cuir De Russie?

They both appear to be floral leathers -- can anyone confirm any similarity/development between these 2 ?
    Currently wearing: Royal Delight by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by MELVCMS01 View Post
    Id be curious to hear from some of you in regard to this bearing any close similarity to Chanels Cuir De Russie?

They both appear to be floral leathers -- can anyone confirm any similarity/development between these 2 ?
    I love both of these!

They are both very enjoyable scents and leather florals in their own way, but Cuir de Russie has very strong aldehyde notes.

On the other hand, Royal Delight has a slight gourmand/oriental touch. Maybe benzoin? It's not listed in the notes.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Royal Delight.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Royal Delight.
    Are you awaiting a 75ml bottle?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Are you awaiting a 75ml bottle?
    Hi Hednic! Yes 75ml bottle - vintage version

In Transit

Melvcms,
    This is a five year old thread started almost seven years ago. The question you ask on it isn't the one it started out with. Why not just start a new thread with your excellent question? I'll be happy to talk about Creed's Cuir de Russie if you start a thread with your question.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Melvcms,
    This is a five year old thread started almost seven years ago. The question you ask on it isn't the one it started out with. Why not just start a new thread with your excellent question? I'll be happy to talk about Creed's Cuir de Russie if you start a thread with your question.

Hi,
    My question does relate to the original post ... ' Creed Royal Delight ... opinions' - my question was if there is any similarity to Cuir De Russie (which is again ... asking for opinion in relation to reference fragrance)

It also asks about Chanels Cuir De Russie - not Creeds.

Hi,
    My question does relate to the original post ... ' Creed Royal Delight ... opinions' - my question was if there is any similarity to Cuir De Russie (which is again ... asking for opinion in relation to reference fragrance)

It also asks about Chanels Cuir De Russie - not Creeds.
    Whoops! You're right--I misread Chanel Cuir de Russie for Creed Cuir de Russie! Folly and a dumb mistake. Sorry about that, meant to help out.

Still though, I'd urge you to start your own thread for excellent comparison and thinking about it. Again, this thread started 7 years ago and ended 5 years ago. Some original posters to it aren't here anymore, and it certainly isn't topical for all those who are. You're calling for it suddenly to be topical again, and changing its focus at the same time. I mean you no disrespect, I mean to tell you this directly though: you do this revival and topic switch needlessly. Start a thread and it will be suddenly topical and all who are here presently will consider posting thoughts to it. No harm, my friend.

Sorry about my misreading of your question about Chanel versus Creed. Sloppy of me.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Whoops! You're right--I misread Chanel Cuir de Russie for Creed Cuir de Russie! Folly and a dumb mistake. Sorry about that, meant to help out.

Still though, I'd urge you to start your own thread for excellent comparison and thinking about it. Again, this thread started 7 years ago and ended 5 years ago. Some original posters to it aren't here anymore, and it certainly isn't topical for all those who are. You're calling for it suddenly to be topical again, and changing its focus at the same time. I mean you no disrespect, I mean to tell you this directly though: you do this revival and topic switch needlessly. Start a thread and it will be suddenly topical and all who are here presently will consider posting thoughts to it. No harm, my friend.

Sorry about my misreading of your question about Chanel versus Creed. Sloppy of me.

All good DustB , haha

I actually pulled the trigger and bought the Royal Delight on the same day so anxiously awaiting the arrival

Don't like it... IMO to floral for me.. ugh...
    Currently in my collection:
    Creed: Aventus, OS, OV, HM, MI, VIW, GIT.
    Mancera: Kumkat Wood and Cedrat Boise
    Designers: YSL Kouros, Givenchy Xeryus and Acqua di gio profumo.