Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which fragrance would you most like to see advance to the Fragrant Four?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serge Lutens Chergui

50 66.67%
  • Boucheron Jaipur Homme

25 33.33%
    Blog Entries

Default BMM10: 3/25 Game 60 (Serge Lutens Chergui vs. Boucheron Jaipur Homme)

Basenotes March Madness 2010

Game 60
    (Round 4)
    Poll ends March 26.

(12) Serge Lutens Chergui vs. (10) Boucheron Jaipur Homme

Most recent bracket:

(Click bracket for full size.)

Poll will close in 24 hours, vote which fragrance you'd like to see advance to the Fragrant Four. Vote for one fragrance from each group only, voting for both is statistically the same as not voting at all.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM10: 3/25 Game 60 (Serge Lutens Chergui vs. Boucheron Jaipur Homme)

The Zeitgeist Sez...

Predictions:

(6) Guerlain Habit Rouge def. (1) Thierry Mugler A*Men

Standings:
    Maximum Score Possible 121
    gupts 90
    Asha 80
    DocmanCC 77
    zliang 76
    wicozani 73
    flannelman 71
    surreality 66
    TwoRoads 66
    timaru 64
    The Zeitgeist 63
    Buddy97 63
    an_oud_girl 63
    the_good_life 62
    veuve amiot 59
    robpgmc 58
    Bluesoul 55
    mrcologneguy 53
    telecaster 53
    kbe 52
    Royal 52
    rogalal 48
    mudassir 47
    Exquisitely Me 42
    Roryj 42
    Furriner 42
    JaimeB 40
    jacona 32
    The Zeitgeist has spoken.

Default Re: BMM10: 3/25 Game 60 (Serge Lutens Chergui vs. Boucheron Jaipur Homme)

Chergui, of course :P

^^unless people never tried Chergui and vote out of familiarity...

There are probably a roughly equivalent number of people who haven't smelled Jaipur.

Voting on this one is tough for me. I think I'll wait until tomorrow night and see which one most looks like I want it to win.

The Chergui onslaugt, as Gupts wisely puts it, is a dreadful force.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I voted for Jaipur because it's the underdog. I don't really care for either of them that much, tbh.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Plus

Chergui all the way.

Vetiver is going to get violated.

This is the biggest "no competition" out there.

Jaipur is, in my opinion, a very average fragrance whereas Chergui, just isn't.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

This is a bout between good fighters from different weight class.... A TKO is on the cards.
    My money on Chergui.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 25th March 2010 at 08:30 AM.

I don't think the scent of Jaipur is exceptionally beautiful whereas Chergui is one of the best fragrances I've ever smelled. And both are very wearable.
    However, if I would have to narrow my wardrobe down to just two, these two would be Jaipur and Guerlain Vetiver.

Chergui that only comes in 50ml at a higher price, wouldn't be worth to own IMO.
    Jaipur may be the better buy, Chergui is the better scent.
    A king is not put in a palace before it is adorned. A heart's treasure is unlocked only when that heart is purified.

summer means fireflys

Very tough choice for me as I love both. I must be feeling sentimental ... my vote went to Jaipur.

Yikes. Stop the voting now before there is anymore bloodshed!

Added my vote to Chergui.
    -

I think it's time Jaipur's corner threw in the towel, their nozzles are clogged and damn near out for the count...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

The clock struck midnight on Cinderella...

I feel that Chergui is somewhat overated, so my vote went to Jaipur Homme. I like boths scents equally, but find Chergui more versatile. Jaipur, more formal.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

The point spread has been pretty consistent most of the day...