Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Armani Prive La Collection des Mille et une Nuits

From nstperfume.com:

Giorgio Armani has launched a new trio in the Armani Privé range: La Collection des Mille et une Nuits. Ambre Orient, Rose d’Arabie and Oud Royal were all given an exclusive preview last year at individual department stores before their official launch this year. As the collection’s name implies, the new fragrances were inspired by the tales from One Thousand and One Nights.

Ambre Orient ~ “From the earliest origins of perfumery, infusions of amber have delivered warm, golden and vibrant light to the greatest fragrances. Just as the sun turns to gold as its mingles and sets over the water, Giorgio Armani has elected to work a liquid amber. Giorgio Armani masters the drape of a lamé blouse; fabrics that ripple and swing to the rhythm of movements. Each fold catches the light, shifting from warm, coppery gold to shades of pale, almost white gold.” Featuring notes of thyme, frankincense, patchouli, oud, sandalwood and vanilla.

Rose d’Arabie ~ “Rose d’Arabie is a majestic ode to the essence of rose. Spicy with flashes of saffron at the outset, it chooses patchouli and dark woods in order to develop at the heart. At the base it gives itself up to the sensual harmonies of golden amber.”

Oud Royal ~ “When Giorgio Armani turned his attention to oud, he decided to work it the way he would a heavy brocade lined with gold and silver, leaving its weight, its noble intensity and majestic sedateness. Respectful of its personality, Giorgio Armani set about highlighting each facet of character in its composition: depth is amplified by an amber harmony, the reddish glow is fanned with spices, the dark earth reflections are smoked with a veil of myrrh and incense.” Additional notes include black earth note, animalic notes.

The Armani Privé Mille et une Nuits collection fragrances are available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum, £175 each.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Armani Prive La Collection des Mille et une Nuits

I came across these at Osmoz.com and was wondering when they would launch.....This is Great info.....Thank You so much petruccijc.....I want to sample these for sure.....Thanks again!!!
    Gary

Hillaire

I am very excited to try these. My impression of the Prives on the whole, is they are unispired and derivative; that is, they conceptually see to latch onto the latest buzz. But incredibly well-excecuted and sometimes transcendent in their quality (like the masterful Bois d'Encense)

I only have smelled Oud Royal and it's stunning! It smells elegant.

I've smelt the oud and the amber. The oud at first I didnt like. It seemed sharp and disconcerting. But on further testing, I found it to be a very, nice honeyed, smoky, slightly fruity oud that's not a million miles away from Midnight Oud. From what I remember from the amber is that it was a softer, more incensey variation on Amber Absolute that was a nice change for an amber. I have to test these again, but all of these have amazing longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I only have smelled Oud Royal and it's stunning! It smells elegant.
    Completely agree! The drydown is rather similar to DK Black Cashmere but more refined - I love it! Oh and Rose d’Arabie reminded me a lot of Tom Ford Noir de Noir, but again more refined. Overall I rank these three scents as the best of Armani Prive line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GGA View Post
    Completely agree! The drydown is rather similar to DK Black Cashmere but more refined - I love it! Oh and Rose d’Arabie reminded me a lot of Tom Ford Noir de Noir, but again more refined. Overall I rank these three scents as the best of Armani Prive line.
    I'm in total agreement! I own Noir de Noir, and that was EXACTLY what I thought, when I smelled it for the first time, just now. It's a VERY nice scent. It has a powerful chypre effect on my skin, but more harmonious (as they say) than NdN. It's like NdN but less "Tom Ford Opaque Black Whatever" - the fordinade, if you will - it's gone. This is a very nice scent. Bravo for Marie Salamagne.

Will have to see how this develops.... could be a winner.

I'm pumped about these for sure!!! I'm already a Huge Prive' fan.....Can't wait to sample!!!
    Gary

I was in Dubai Mall andentered to the Armani botique, i sprayed Amber orint,

and after one hour i was hooked up with it, i went back to the botique like crazy to buy it

only to my shock that they have no stock! but hey you are in Dubai!

I managed to find 4 other outlets selling it and i got a 100 ml from the bloomingdales

I am biased towards amber actually, i just love it

I've always wanted to try these - is there anywhere one can get samples (order samples, that is) in the US?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

SoS,

TPC has them! I got my bottles from EbayUK. The one I like the most is Ambre Orient.

Cheers!
    Scents I have that are not in the database.

Amouage Molook Attar
    Full Incense - Montale
    Oudh Lacquer by Soivohle
    Shalimar Ode de la Vanille by Guerlain
    Mukhalat Makaki Perfume Oil by Swiss Arabian
    Man Amber by Halston
    Absolue pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Puro Intense by Nejma

I changed my mind about Oud Royal when I smelt it on my cousin. At first I thought it was pleasant but sharp, now I find it harsh, cloying, sharp and repulsive. I chocked and said out loud who the hell is wearing Duro (and made a nasty face LOL)! He then embarrassingly told me it was Oud Royal. Poor guy, he'll probably never wear it again! So kudos if you like Duro or Black Afghano and that "burnt wood" effect but if you don't stay away from this. I know I will.

I'm still waiting to sample.....Gary