Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Jimmy Choo

From osmoz.com:

After shoes, handbags and a partnership with the Swedish ready-to-wear giant H&M, Jimmy Choo, internationally renowned for the style of their shoes, is getting into perfume. Their first scent, for women, will be called simply ‘Jimmy Choo’. The house’s co-founder, Tamara Mellon, appears in the ad campaign. She is gung-ho about diversifying Jimmy Choo and determined to offer fashionistas a whole world of accessories in a totally ‘Choo’ spirit, with perfume as the final touch.

The fragrance’s composition has been described by the brand as a modern fruity-chypre revealing a blend of green notes, orchid, caramel and patchouli. Tamara Mellon was inspired by Murano glass to create a bottle with a very couture allure.

Launch scheduled for February 2011.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Jimmy Choo

Love the bottle. Too bad it's not a leather scent.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the bottle was Flower Bomb by V&R.....Gary

Thank you for being our news source, JC.

Yes, Flower Bomb, indeed.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

The square cap seems incongruous with the Murano-inspired glasswork. I suppose it's supposed to stand in contrast, but to me it makes the bottle look incomplete.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Sur la Plage

I tried this in Saks. It was essentially Hanae Mori in a Flowerbomb ripoff bottle. Stick with shoes Jimmy.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Ah what a shame Joe- this one piqued my interest. My list of 'wanna try' is extending .............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hillaire

Is it as well-done as Hanae Mori, though? If so, I am really interested in trying some.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I tried this in Saks. It was essentially Hanae Mori in a Flowerbomb ripoff bottle. Stick with shoes Jimmy.....
    Yes - very sweet, and even the juice is rather Flowerbombesque, as one of my SAs pointed out. Less godawful sugary than Flowerbomb, thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Is it as well-done as Hanae Mori, though? If so, I am really interested in trying some.
    Both my wife and I liked it. It's not bad, but it's definitely candyish, not dandyish. There's a point after the opening where there is sufficient complexity and "hold the sugar" to make it fairly interesting to me - and definitely our pick over Flowerbomb. The candy came roaring back on paper later, although again, not as bad as Flowerbomb. So I think the comparison to Hanae Mori is apt. I was thinking that it is as well done in the early part of the heart, but YMMV on the drydown.

To use a shoe analogy, if Flowerbomb could be likened to the most glossy, gaudy hooker heels to be found in the designer offerings - i.e., the ones that trip and fall off the end of fashion's runway - then Jimmy Choo would be....... Jimmy Choo. A bit too sexy, not sensible, pushing the edge of trendiness, and some women are going to go nuts for it. [Frankly, I'm a bit surprised my wife liked it. She has NEVER bought Jimmy Choo anything. We have a sample - in a pink snakeskin-print sample card - stay tuned.....]

Im interested in this one, my girflriend will love it i think.

Hows the lasting and sillage?
    And the average price?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yes - very sweet, and even the juice is rather Flowerbombesque, as one of my SAs pointed out. Less godawful sugary than Flowerbomb, thank goodness.

Both my wife and I liked it. It's not bad, but it's definitely candyish, not dandyish. There's a point after the opening where there is sufficient complexity and "hold the sugar" to make it fairly interesting to me - and definitely our pick over Flowerbomb. The candy came roaring back on paper later, although again, not as bad as Flowerbomb. So I think the comparison to Hanae Mori is apt. I was thinking that it is as well done in the early part of the heart, but YMMV on the drydown.

To use a shoe analogy, if Flowerbomb could be likened to the most glossy, gaudy hooker heels to be found in the designer offerings - i.e., the ones that trip and fall off the end of fashion's runway - then Jimmy Choo would be....... Jimmy Choo. A bit too sexy, not sensible, pushing the edge of trendiness, and some women are going to go nuts for it. [Frankly, I'm a bit surprised my wife liked it. She has NEVER bought Jimmy Choo anything. We have a sample - in a pink snakeskin-print sample card - stay tuned.....]
    I found the box (pink snakeskin) to be the most interesting part of the fragrance.

I tried it a couple of times and what I got was a very strong sandalwood note, pretty similar to Guerlain's Samsara, but much dryer and less sweet. I found it long-lasting, with a pretty impressive sillage.
    I must admit I was pretty surprised to have liked it, since I usually take celebrities' perfume launches with a pinch of salt! Very good effort, JC! But like the Basenoter before me, I expect a leather-based JC new launch!!!!
    Last edited by tuberose_and_sand; 23rd January 2011 at 01:52 PM.

And a review over at the 1000 Fragrances blog:

http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...rfume-new.html

The nose for this one was the nose for Flowerbomb. Its available in Boots Chemist here in the UK, oh dear how exclusive, NOT. LOL
    The 30mls is £39 so price wise fits in with most department store fare.
    DONNA

double post.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Just tried this at Neiman's today. My thoughts, exactly!! Only I also got LOTS, and I mean LOTS, of syrup-y fruit...I almost went into a sugar coma from smelling it on the strip.

Love the shoes, though!

Oh,I tried this one awhile back-must have missed this thread.Just poorly done sugar,nothing worth giving up any skin real estate for testing.I was sorry I didn't leave that bit of arm for something else!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Institution

Jon and I tried this at Harvey Nichols in London. Nothing much to write home about .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 13th August 2011 at 11:31 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Jon and I tried this at Harvey Nichols on London. Nothing much to write home about .
    Jon agrees

On me this turns into a bag of toffees, yes the ones you eat. I don't have the urge to walk round smelling of toffees.
    DONNA

I liked this scent on a blotter card I sprayed at Nordstrom. I'll have to try it on next time I'm there

To my nose, this one was just another fruitchouli concoction.

I found this one forgettable. Sweet, floral--was it fruity too? There you have it. I can't even remember.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

I recently hugged my cousin and I swore he smelt EXACTLY like Blue Jeans! He told me it was the new Jimmy Choo! Quite a surprise to say the least...