Code of Conduct

Default Cheaper prices at Amouages online boutique!

Has anyone already ordered online directly at the Amouage web shop yet (I just have done so)? I was surprised to see, that the prices are substantially lower than if you order at other web shops. For instance: 100 Epic Man costs 215 Euro if you order it directly at Amouage. Aus Liebe zum Duft on the other hand charges 255 Euros for the same product. I mean 40 Euros, aproximately 60dollars, less, that's something!

Default Re: Cheaper prices at Amouages online boutique!

In addition: They charge no shipping costs, as I was just informed by the european sales manager. When I buy the same product in a local store, I would pay something like 100 Euros more! That's too good to be true!

I tried Lyric Man once, loved it, even though I might afford it, I'm kind of reluctant of giving so much money for a fragrance.

Do you have a link?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Thanks Gupts, I was being lazy. I found it through google. It's a little cheaper for US BNers, not much though. I'm interested in Reflection, and it comes out about 10$ cheaper for a 50ml and 2$ cheaper for a 100ml. That's excluding shipping of course. I wonder if that free shipping is worldwide or just to EU.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Thanks Gupts, I was being lazy. I found it through google. It's a little cheaper for US BNers, not much though. I'm interested in Reflection, and it comes out about 10$ cheaper for a 50ml and 2$ cheaper for a 100ml. That's excluding shipping of course. I wonder if that free shipping is worldwide or just to EU.
    No worries mate...

They are offering Free Shipping to Europe and to the US. Though I won't ever buy from them as I can get it heaps cheaper on ebay, I still mailed them to ask if they'd offer free shipping to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    No worries mate...

They are offering Free Shipping to Europe and to the US. Though I won't ever buy from them as I can get it heaps cheaper on ebay, I still mailed them to ask if they'd offer free shipping to Australia.
    I'd never buy Amouage on ebay. Too much faked stuff out there!

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Yes I agree but if you do some basic research, you can surely buy some real stuff too and sometimes at bargain prices.

I'd buy it from say, here, if you want

http://www.mankind.co.uk/Amouage-Ref...0ml-PRODRCFR4/

The 50ml is 95 pounds which, thanks to the relatively strong dollar now, comes out to about $141. That's before shipping (which adds 7 pounds to the price) and also before customs costs, but you can also take of the VAT of 17.5%.

Ok, I just ran through the full process to check the final price (still not including customs charges.. what would those come to?) and the price for 50ml of Reflection man is 95 pounds + 7 pounds delivery - 14 pounds VAT = 87.8 pounds total = $130.That's a heckuva deal!

edit: Harrods is another place to check. Their selection is a bit larger and unlike Mankind they do offer the 100ml size in some of the scents.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 25th March 2010 at 07:49 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'd buy it from say, here, if you want

http://www.mankind.co.uk/Amouage-Ref...0ml-PRODRCFR4/

The 50ml is 95 pounds which, thanks to the relatively strong dollar now, comes out to about $141. That's before shipping (which adds 7 pounds to the price) and also before customs costs, but you can also take of the VAT of 17.5%.

Ok, I just ran through the full process to check the final price (still not including customs charges.. what would those come to?) and the price for 50ml of Reflection man is 95 pounds + 7 pounds delivery - 14 pounds VAT = 87.8 pounds total = $130.That's a heckuva deal!

edit: Harrods is another place to check. Their selection is a bit larger and unlike Mankind they do offer the 100ml size in some of the scents.
    Hello!

Have you ordered from here?

I (as you know from the top 10 thread) love Lyric for men, could never find anywhere that sold the 50ml. And I can't afford/ am not willing to buy the 100ml version. Be interested to know if this website is legit... anyone?

(http://www.basenotes.net/threads/248...40#post1788440)
    Last edited by boosh; 25th March 2010 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    I doubt it's fake. There's hardly any Amouage on ebay to begin with. What's there isn't massively discounted, nor do I think it would be beneficial for someone to fake something, such as Amoauge, that isn't highly known. I'd be pretty confident, at least as confident as someone can be purchasing fragrance from Ebay, in buying Amouage on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Hello!

Have you ordered from here?

I (as you know from the top 10 thread) love Lyric for men, could never find anywhere that sold the 50ml. And I can't afford/ am not willing to buy the 100ml version. Be interested to know if this website is legit... anyone?

(http://www.basenotes.net/threads/248...40#post1788440)
    Honestly I'm not sure. It seems, and looks, like a rather legit site as it offers all things grooming related. Hopefully a UK member can testify to the validity of the site/company.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure. It seems, and looks, like a rather legit site as it offers all things grooming related. Hopefully a UK member can testify to the validity of the site/company.
    Thanks for the info SOS. This will definitely be my avenue if/when I decide to take the plunge.

I wish I would have known about it myself when I ordered. That being said, at the rate I'm using it I actually *will* get through the 100ml in a few years so paying the full $255 for the 100ml, and getting 10 official Amouage samples included, was in this case probably the better deal.

Odd factoid: the opening of Reflection is no longer giving me a headache or any discomfort whatsoever, really. Odd!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Thanks for the info SOS. This will definitely be my avenue if/when I decide to take the plunge.
    Me too, they also sell Kiehl's Forest Rain, which is another one I'm interested in.
    Will order from them next payday, if no bad feedback arises! Thanks for this link SOS!