Code of Conduct

Default Creed Millesime Imperial

Gentlemen,

If this has been covered before, then I apologize, but I'd welcome your input.

I have sampled MI in the past, and found it to have a very metallic opening note which hangs around, in a more subdued fashion, for a while. To a lesser degree, I get this from Silver Mountain Water, too.

I recently bought some official MI samples to decant and sprayed some this morning. Right off the bat, the metallic note was barely noticeable but a strong sea salt note (which I had never noticed before) arose and six hours later I can still detect it. It has a great deal in common with what I remember Erolfa to smell like.

The differences are so distinct that it can't be my nose playing tricks. The original sample I tried before came from TPC and the recent official Creed samples were purchased off Ebay. Now, I know who I'd trust most, but I guess my question is, from your experience, can you identify with these notes and do you think that one of the samples may not be what it seems?

Default Re: Creed Millesime Imperial

sounds like your first experience was with an older MI. i've noticed this juice doesn't handle time well.

i just got a brand new bottle from creedboutique and it definitely smells different. more fruity and oceanic. your recent samples sound like the fresh stuff.

next time you put it on, think "watermelon".

Thanks, TalkingMuffin.

I'm not sure that I didn't prefer it when it was older stuff!

MI is one of my favorites, but instead of thinking "watermelon" I tend to get more of a canteloupe or Israeli melon. I could never put my finger on it before I had it mentioned to me, but after that it's practically all I can smell. It's a very unique top-note, IMO, that I love dearly. The dry-down I also love. I don't really get that "salt" or "metallic" note you speak of so much, though I do with SMW (as you mentioned). Anyway, I hope you continue giving it a chance because, to me, it's a really great fragrance. The bottle I have is newer (the clear 4oz bottle) so I can't attest to the older version. I am disheartened to hear that it doesn't age well, though. I guess I'm going to have to start wearing it more often so my bottle doesn't end-up going bad. Best of luck. Give it a few more chances and let it grow on you!

Yea, I get nothing metallic out of MI. You sure the samples you originally had weren't mixed up, and perhaps it was really SMW?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I think I get what you mean about the metallic note, although I wouln't describe it as such.

Samples in vials rather than sprays smell different to me (not sure if your sample was a spray?), it's almost as if the sprayer adds something to the fragrance. It happened to me with Creed Himalaya, the sample (from TPC) was smoother and a hint more feminine than when it's sprayed from the bottle. I think the bottle gave it an almost smoky feel.

Cheers guys, input much appreciated.

With your comments in mind, do you see similarities between MI and Erolfa?

They both seem to share the bergamot/geranium/ambroxan, but the aquatic nature of erolfa, on my skin, literally dries to the most realistic sea salt/seaweed. MI's aquaticness is more from the melon ketones that give the "wet texture".

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    They both seem to share the bergamot/geranium/ambroxan, but the aquatic nature of erolfa, on my skin, literally dries to the most realistic sea salt/seaweed. MI's aquaticness is more from the melon ketones that give the "wet texture".
    Dullah, have you tried Heeley Sel Marin? I find it to have the most realistic briny seaweed note I've smelled in a fragrance. I actually don't get that from Erolfa, which is why I like it. It manages to capture the seaside without going too realistic like some other marine scents. Just salty and airy citrus.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    Cheers guys, input much appreciated.

With your comments in mind, do you see similarities between MI and Erolfa?

Yes, they share a lot of common traits, however, I would say that when I wear Erolfa, I think "salty". Millelime Imperial, however, I think "sweet".

I have never gotten a metallic note from MI and I hate the smell of copper, wet metal, etc.

What is this metallic note ? Buy from reliables sources and you should be ok.
    -