Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Hommage, Well Deserved.

In 1912 Jacques Gurelain created a work of the perfumers art that was designed to reflect Impressionist Art in the form of L'Heure Bleue. Natures scents combined in painterly form creates today as much as it did in 1912 a classic Impressionist fragrance that is unique in the best sence of the word. I took out my bottle of EDP this morning to be my scent of the day and when I applied the scent the wonder of it was sufficient catalyst for me to put finger to keyboard to extoll it's virtue. L'Heure Bleue is one of those accoutrements of life well woth while having. Am I alone in my passion and adoration of this fragrance? What is your perception of L'Heure Bleue and what affect has it had on your life experience?
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 25th March 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Default Re: Hommage, Well Deserved.

No, you are not alone. I wore my vintage extrait sample just the other night.
    L'Heure Bleue is a Grande Dame, sitting at her window, lamenting love lost.
    One of Jacque's most stellar creations.

Another lover here, I have the edp and parfum. Many find L'Heure Bleu to be a sad fragrance which I find strange. I would not dream of wearing something sad. It has a almost narcotic feel for me with the heliotrope.
    DONNA

Once upon a time I had no interest in buying women's perfumes, but I always loved to spray a little Mitsouko when I was out shopping. Being the only women's fragrance that really interested me, I was quite satisfied to put some on any time I saw a tester. Apart from that, I enjoyed getting vials of various women's scents whenever I could, but I didn't see any point in buying perfumes that I wouldn't wear.

One day I picked up a tester of l'Heure Bleue and I realised I was denying myself one of life's great pleasures. It was at that point I also realised that all that mattered was how beautiful a scent was. If I didn't feel comfortable wearing something in public, I didn't have to. I could still appreciate it. L'Heure Bleue changed my whole attitude to perfume.

Joining the chorus.
    I love L'Heure Bleue. It is my favorite perfume. One of my goals is to own a vintage version.
    Evenstar

I love the parfum extrait, lovely and dry. I actually don't find it melancholic at all, I think it's rather direct in its beauty and find it quite the thing to get me focused. One of the all time greats.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 26th March 2010 at 03:32 AM.

Believe it or not, I have never tried L'Heure Bleu.
    I am almost afraid to, in case I find it doesn't live up to it's
    almost mystical hype! I know one of these days I will have to
    give it a test, just not yet....
    It's actually a bit tantalising, putting off the moment when I hold it
    in my hands and breath the scent in. I was so moved by Apres l'Ondee I
    would expect the same reaction from L'HB.

Basenotes Institution

I love L'Heure Bleue - a beauty !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I used to love the current EDP, but lately I'm finding it too medicinal and I swear, I smell a bit of camphorous lavender in those topnotes (am I going crazy?!). My friend bought me a 1/4oz vintage parfum from the States and it is otherworldly! It is everything I want the EDP: honeyed, thick and less powdery.

I have a recent funny story regarding L'Heure Bleue. First of all my mom's favorite perfume is Bal a Versailles; always has been, always will. Well lately she has smelt a lot of Guerlains on me lately and paying close attention to their Guerlinade. About three days ago I was wearing vintage Bal a Versailles (both EDT and parfum), and she told me I smell fabulous! She asked what Guerlain it was loool! I told her, "Mom?!?! What does it smell like?!" She said it smelt like Bal a Versailles. So I told her it was! She was kinda embarressed she didn't regonize it...even though she did! She told me that I had a Guerlain that smelt very close to Bal a Versailles, and I immediatly thought of L'heure bleue. And indeed there are similarities in both. So HA!! Only L'Heure Bleue can lure a long-time wearer of a certain fragrance into its arms lol!

L'Heure Bleue was one of the first perfumes I was exposed to as a child, and it has always struck me as the most beautiful fragrance. I understand how some people find this melancholy. I don't personally find it a sad scent. Rather it puts in in a reflective mood. It definitely has a "blue" feel to me in the dry down. I don't know what it is, but I love it!

I remember asking my grandmother to spray some on me as a kid, and she wouldn't do it because "perfume is for women." As a consolation prize she spritzed a bit on some paper - and you can imagine I had my nose buried in it the whole evening. I never would have dared wear this myself had it not been for Basenotes. Stumbling across this site provided the biggest olfactory epiphany ever. Thank you BN!

It's great seeking out new fragrances and having new scent experiences. I fall in love with something new and give it a spin. And then I go back to LHB and think, Oh yes, that's what I've been looking for. Some people are still looking for their HG - and mine's been right under my nose my entire life!