Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nasomatto NUDA - new fragrance

A brief writeup on this one over at Octavian's blog-
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    NUDA created by perfumer Alessandro Gualtieri - "this fragrance is a bomb, an explosion". An it is a bomb similar to Narcotic Venus, but this time it is not the tuberose (and gardenia) that are invading the space but jasmine. The french jasmine absolute (rare, expensive and very animalic dirty) is at the heart of this strong perfume.
    An animalic jasmine from Nasomatto
    Last edited by teger; 25th May 2010 at 08:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nasomatto NUDA - new fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    A brief writeup on this one No official notes or eta yet,

An animalic jasmine from Nasomatto
    It sounds like it could be good. BTW Nasomatto never gives offical notes.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Post Thanks / Like

Love the artwork in the 2nd pic

Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Galamb was looking for an animalic, no-holds-barred jasmine. this might be it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Galamb was looking for an animalic, no-holds-barred jasmine. this might be it!
    It certainly SOUNDS right up my alley, though given Nasomatto's price range, it'll have to do some heavy lifting to displace Gandhara.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been searchin for something like this for ages. I hope it is as good as it seems.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This is out now, available at First In Fragrance. Report in if you've smelled this
    Last edited by teger; 25th May 2010 at 08:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I notice they changed the cap between the early previews and now, and the new ad copy makes no mention of jasmine, or for that matter, anything at all to do with fragrance.

Maybe we're just supposed to go with the title and assume it smells like one of these.

Post Thanks / Like

lol @ name
    nuda in polish means boredom
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The ad copy is extremely annoying in its absence of information. WTF???????

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    The ad copy is extremely annoying in its absence of information. WTF???????
    Like chyaaaaaaa! seriously no info whatsoever!

Untill they address the leaking bottle issue, my interest in this line is zero. The sad part is I really like some of the line.

Regards,
    Steve

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Luckyscent now has this. Anyone smell it yet?

I love really pure jasmine fragrances, but this one is going to have to be really good to impress me better than A La Nuit by Serge Lutens, especially at Nasomatto's prices.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Luckyscent now has this. Anyone smell it yet?

I love really pure jasmine fragrances, but this one is going to have to be really good to impress me better than A La Nuit by Serge Lutens, especially at Nasomatto's prices.
    I sampled this in Liberty last month...and I didn't really like it. This is one sharp jasmine! I do get an OK opening with realistic topnotes of jasmine (albeit boring), but then it turns into one sharp, synthetic mess. If you're familiar with AG's Jasmine with its notorious sharp ginger which gives it an extremely masculine edge, Nuda is somewhat in its ballpark.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, Scent! I didn't find the AG aggressive at all ( smelled a little like jasmine and raisins to my nose, pleasant but not true love for me ), so I'd be intrigued to smell it.

In your opinion, is it like Diptyque's Olene or Serge Lutens A La Nuit at all? To my nose those are both very sharp jasmines, but I like Olene's style but not A La Nuit's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Thanks for the info, Scent! I didn't find the AG aggressive at all ( smelled a little like jasmine and raisins to my nose, pleasant but not true love for me ), so I'd be intrigued to smell it.

In your opinion, is it like Diptyque's Olene or Serge Lutens A La Nuit at all? To my nose those are both very sharp jasmines, but I like Olene's style but not A La Nuit's.
    Hmmm...I guess it would probably lean towards A La Nuit because it is a truer jasmine than Olene. I find Olene to be a mix of mostly jasmine along with other white flowers. A La Nuit is just jasmine tenfold. There is something very promising about NUDA but that darn sharp notes gets in the way! I find most Nasomatto's have this jarring note that I find unappealing. I will probably give it another shot if I get the chance, but I won't go ordering samples! And really, you didn't find AG's Jasmin sharp?! My guess is that you would probably enjoy NUDA

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

scent - the 'sharp' texture of Nuda, is it an aldehydic-sort of smell?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    scent - the 'sharp' texture of Nuda, is it an aldehydic-sort of smell?
    No not at all, to my nose at least. I would probably attribute it to one of the ingredients, or perhaps the nature of the type of jasmine absolute used.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Nasomatto NUDA - new fragrance

I have tried nuda on my skin last night. The lasting power is overwhelming, i can still smell it on my wrist this morning.

I am not that firm with the fragrance language most of you use, so i will try to describe in my own words (i am german).

when i first sprayed it on my thought was "uhhhh, this is interesting".

it was a very pleasent fresh soft opening with just a tiny little sweetness that was just right and not too much, so it would not prevent me to wear it as a man. it reminded my of some sort of fruit but i unfortunately would not guess what it was. the opening was all naturall and i had no chemical impression.

as time past by nuda developed very interesting, as it changed its face in way i almost couldnīt believe it. suddenly i smelled a somehow dark and a little bit sharp flowery note like flowers after e heavy rain in the early morning. not sweet at all, but heavily attracting me for some reason. it wasnīt a regular attraction, more like "what strange thing is happening here?" Do i really like this?

From then on nuda seemed to jump between these notes and while doing so the first note developed into an absolutely beautiful extremly addictive and attractive jasmin.

There is no cheap or ordinary basenotes, no vanilla, no musk, no patchouli, no amber, no tonka that many perfumes turn out to be like. Thatīs what i found to be very remarkable.

Nuda is all about Jasmin. From the beginning to its end.

There would probably be much more to describe about nuda but - excuse my beginners nose - these were the outstanding and very remarkable things that i would experience.

I could not help it keep smelling on my wrist all the time.

I own Love & Tears by Kilian and i really like it. Nuda is different though. It is more special. It seems to change clothes without loosing its style. It attracts and appeals to the emotions, it challenges without being offending.

It fits my skin like it was made to be there.

I will be heading out to the store after writing this because there is NO WAY around buying a whole bottle of this. I havenīt had that feeling before and i suppose thatīs my keyword.

And it is not that i want to go out there and buy the bottle, itīs even more like i HAVE to do it, like i am forced to to it and there is no way around.

This stuff is highly addictive!!!
    Last edited by kiddo; 22nd December 2010 at 07:45 AM.

I smelled this last week for the first time. Huge indolic jasmine bomb. I like jasmine on others, but it's not my cup-o-tea. Something tells me there must but something similar for far less money.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    I have tried nuda on my skin last night. The lasting power is overwhelming, i can still smell it on my wrist this morning.

I am not that firm with the fragrance language most of you use, so i will try to describe in my own words (i am german).

when i first sprayed it on my thought was "uhhhh, this is interesting".

it was a very pleasent fresh soft opening with just a tiny little sweetness that was just right and not too much, so it would not prevent me to wear it as a man. it reminded my of some sort of fruit but i unfortunately would not guess what it was. the opening was all naturall and i had no chemical impression.

as time past by nuda developed very interesting, as it changed its face in way i almost couldnīt believe it. suddenly i smelled a somehow dark and a little bit sharp flowery note like flowers after e heavy rain in the early morning. not sweet at all, but heavily attracting me for some reason. it wasnīt a regular attraction, more like "what strange thing is happening here?" Do i really like this?

From then on nuda seemed to jump between these notes and while doing so the first note developed into an absolutely beautiful extremly addictive and attractive jasmin.

There is no cheap or ordinary basenotes, no vanilla, no musk, no patchouli, no amber, no tonka that many perfumes turn out to be like. Thatīs what i found to be very remarkable.

Nuda is all about Jasmin. From the beginning to its end.

There would probably be much more to describe about nuda but - excuse my beginners nose - these were the outstanding and very remarkable things that i would experience.

I could not help it keep smelling on my wrist all the time.

I own Love & Tears by Kilian and i really like it. Nuda is different though. It is more special. It seems to change clothes without loosing its style. It attracts and appeals to the emotions, it challenges without being offending.

It fits my skin like it was made to be there.

I will be heading out to the store after writing this because there is NO WAY around buying a whole bottle of this. I havenīt had that feeling before and i suppose thatīs my keyword.

And it is not that i want to go out there and buy the bottle, itīs even more like i HAVE to do it, like i am forced to to it and there is no way around.

This stuff is highly addictive!!!
    Thanks kiddo for your very helpful review! l am even more keen to try this now, it sounds like my kinda fragrance!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked it when I smelled it, but I thought:

1) Serge Lutens did this already (A La Nuit)
    2) The volume could have been turned down just a notch