Code of Conduct

Default My exploration of Crown Perfumery scents, part III

Hi folks,

Finally - after almost 8 weeks! - my bottle of Crown's Sandringham arrived in the mail today!

I was already wearing Bois today, so I haven't sprayed any on, but I did test a small amount on the back of my hand. I smell cinammon?!

I'll be wearing it tomorrow and will report back.

Tom

Default Re: My exploration of Crown Perfumery scents, part III

Interesting initial reaction! My notes show that I got herbal notes rather than spices. I'll have to try it again, and compare notes further.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: My exploration of Crown Perfumery scents, part III

I think you will like Sandringham, Tom. A wonderful lavender, with subtle muguet (lily of the valley) adding to the middle notes. Very smooth and not overly spiced. Very much "Old School" as a scent and unlike the abundance of aquatics one sees in scent these days.

(Interesting history on the inspiration for this scent, based on the "lady's man" reputation of the future Edward VII when he was the adventurous Prince of Wales in the mid-19th century. Queen Victoria, his mother, bought Sandringham as a grand residence for her heir to the throne and his bride, Princess Alexandra of Denmark, a gracious and beautiful woman. The Queen bought Sandringham when the seller sold it to pay off his debts incurred as of a man of fashion. The seller was the Honourable Charles Spencer Cowper, the younger son of an earl. Cowper's wife was none other than the widow of the Comte d'Orsay...)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.